Worgen Death Knights

Story Forum
Though Worgen supposedy existed in the wilds of Gilneas prior to the outbreak, it didn't become widespread until shortly before the Cataclysm. Therefore, how to we have Worgen Death Knights? As far as I know Gilneas wasn't attacked by the Scourge, how would they have access to Worgen bodies to raise? I considered that they contracted the curse afterward, but they were raised with the curse in Wrath.

Have I just missed something or is there really no viable explanation?
You've apparently never been in Silverpine pre-cataclysm.
The worgen started outside of Gilneas and got inside.
Ok, reading up that makes sense. I'll admit I know very little about Gilnean lore.
The Worgen version of A Special Surprise reveals that you were one of Arugal's creations who rebelled and led a group of Worgen that escaped from Shadowfang Keep.
Just make one and do the DK start area. You'll learn this !@#$.
Why do we have worgen Dk's? because we have Goblin Dk's. Can you imagine the hell that would have been raised if the horde got more Dk's than the alliance? It would have been ugly...
Night elf, Draenei,Gnome, death Knights also don't make sense.
...Why not? Members of those races fought the scourge as part of the Argent Crusade all through vanilla and TBC. The Draenei are the biggest stretch, but even they're far from impossible.
02/17/2013 11:43 PMPosted by Darmonic
Night elf, Draenei,Gnome, death Knights also don't make sense.

They make sense just fine.

The Scourge waged war on us twice in WoW before WoTlk was released. They had plenty of time to get bodies.

And Arthas doesn't discriminate based on race.
They make sense just fine.

The Scourge waged war on us twice in WoW before WoTlk was released. They had plenty of time to get bodies.

And Arthas doesn't discriminate based on race.
Especially not when, regardless of form or size, the particular body has demonstrated power and competence capable of independently routing entire armies.

I don't think I would pass up a deadly soldier just because he was small and had a giant pink moustache, especially if I could see for myself what he could do.
imo no races make sense as dks unless they can be paladins as well. But obviously that's not the route blizz wanted to go.
The Scourge came to Silverpine to find and raise up the spirit of Arugal. It could've easily happened some time before the battle at Light's Hope.

The Worgen DK intro specifically mentions that you were one of Arugal's worgen - a Son of Arugal, or maybe a citizen of that village below Shadowfang. Whatever you were, the Scourge clearly grabbed your carcass at around the same time they got his shade, then sent it up to Acherus before its assault on the Scarlets began properly. The Val'kyr can't raise Worgen as Forsaken - but the Lich King was at Acherus in person at the time.

In short - yes, you were there at Light's Hope. No, you're probably no Gilnean. You probably lived in Silverpine, or were one of the hobos camping out near the wall, before a Son of Arugal snatched you up. And then the Scourge snatched you up again, just as you were getting used to being fuzzy.

As far as Night Elves and Draenei go, the Argent Dawn always had plenty of Night Elves in it. There was even a small Argent Dawn "office" in Darnassus, there to recruit people for the Argent cause. Draenei wouldn't have had too much time to settle in - but the Argent Dawn would have been more than happy to recruit Draenei Paladin - and Draenei aren't the sort to pass up a chance to fight For The Greater Good.

Once you get them into the Argent Dawn, it's only a hop and a skip and a blade across the throat to a corpse pile on Acherus.
02/19/2013 02:16 AMPosted by Sylassanna
In short - yes, you were there at Light's Hope. No, you're probably no Gilnean. You probably lived in Silverpine, or were one of the hobos camping out near the wall, before a Son of Arugal snatched you up. And then the Scourge snatched you up again, just as you were getting used to being fuzzy.

Minor point, but...

Pyrewood Village was part of Gilneas, actually. Only reason they weren't behind the Wall was because it would've taken much more material and time to include them than to go with where it is/was now. And considering most of Arugal's test subjects were villagers of Pyrewood, it's actually fairly good odds that worgen DKs could be considered citizens of Gilneas in at least a loose sense.