Talking About Day of the Dragon

Story Forum
This was the first Warcraft novel if I am not mistaken (besides Chris Metzen's short one). It was published in 2001 (12 years ago!!! Has it really been that long?).

We are introduced to Rhonin, Veressa Windrunner and Falstad Wildhammer. And they seek out to free the Dragonqueen Alexstrasza from the Dragonmaw Orcs in Grim Batol.

Have you read this novel and if so when did you read it and what did you think of it? And if not are you planning to read it?

i read it after WoW was first released back during the Chrismas holidays of 2004. I enjoyed the novel much!

At the beginning Rhonin was not thought of as much. He was seen as a maverick and seemed to be deemed expendable by the High Council of the Kirin Tor. Rhonin has a great story to see him eventually come to lead the Kirin Tor but then sorry to see him die later on in WoW lore. I think he is the only human of significance in the WoW lore who has red hair!
Day of the Dragon was somewhat unique in the WoW universe as it was Blizzard's first fantasy book, and as such they took a hands off approach.

It's also one of the better Warcraft books out there, despite people's dislike for Knaak.
The red hair is an atrocity since Redhair is one of his titles(such a title implies vanity does that mean mages are all vain?).

His exploits are master Animal Mastery to the point of taming a whole herd of Rapters(are all Archmages multi-classers!?!).

We should have Mass beast taming as a spell for Mages.....

His exploits are master Animal Mastery to the point of taming a whole herd of Rapters(are all Archmages multi-classers!?!)

That was actually a Naaru staff, not him..

But ok.
02/18/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Archpaladin
The red hair is an atrocity since Redhair is one of his titles(such a title implies vanity does that mean mages are all vain?).

Rhonin does not represent "all mages".

Such a title does not imply vanity anyway. People just called him Redhair because he had red hair.

Getting upset over a nickname like that (to the point of referring to it as an atrocity) is like getting upset over the notion of people referring to Edward Teach as "Blackbeard" because he had (wait for it) a black beard.
Next expansion should allow all players to get special Naaru items that allow the Beast taming(Mages, Druids, Shaman and Hunters should get Mass Beast taming)!

PS: And Blackbeard is historically stated to be quite vain about his beard(even if Rhonin isn't as I just realized)!

Is Redhair really a title or is it his name?
I'm not really a massive fan of how a lot of what he seeded in that book turned out, but taken as a standalone novel? It's probably my favourite. Far, far, far better than the recent piles of flaming dung that have been released.
Either way, it doesn't really come off as odd.

Remember that physical characteristics is how surname were invented.
The first Proudmoore must have been corrupted with the Deadly Sin of Pride then.

And lived in a bog(or Moor) too!
Always possible.

Or maybe the first Proudmoore was someone to make it back through a dangerous swamp alive. Or maybe, being from a seafaring nation, the ancient Proudmoore line invented portable mooring points?