Paladins Seem Slow To Me?

Paladin
I love Paladins, over all, they are the best, and really fun to play. But, for some reason, when I try to level my level 40 Paladin, it seems a little too slow to me? Like, the cool downs, I'm used to Warriors, Dk's, Mages, Hunters, (I just named off a couple of my favorite classes to play) and they all have like instant moves. But Paladins feel different, I only have 3 basic moves, and those are judgement, crusader strike, and templar's verdic. And I have to stack up the first two moves in order to use the third one, but to my problem. My problem is; when I go in to attack, I use judgement, then pop crusader strike, and then I'm stuck waiting 3 or 4 seconds auto attacking and waiting for my next judgement so I can use templars verdict, and it's just the same process over and over again, untill I can get them to 20% health and use the finisher. I mean, is it just me, or does anyone else have this problem? And does it ever change?
46 you get Excorcism, which will help smooth it out, but yes, ret pallies do have that issue levelling up, at 80-85ish, you'll notice it becoming smoother until you hit 90 and get some gear, in which case your time spent auto attacking becomes extremely few and far between.
02/20/2013 06:59 PMPosted by Inares
46 you get Excorcism, which will help smooth it out, but yes, ret pallies do have that issue levelling up, at 80-85ish, you'll notice it becoming smoother until you hit 90 and get some gear, in which case your time spent auto attacking becomes extremely few and far between.

Oh alright, thank you very much!
Shoulda been here for Vanilla/BC.....ret leveling.....or leveling any class in general was slow, but more fun, made you learn and enjoy the game, now it's just like HOW FAST CAN I GET TO 90 WITHOUT TRYING OR ENJOYING ANYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME WEEEEEEE
Yes.... It took me months to get to 70 on this toon (my first) back in BC, even as ret. What did we have? Crusader Strike (which was an 8 or 10 sec CD), Judgment, Exorcism if the mob was undead. Consecration used way too much mana. In fact, we didn't even have a way to pull ranged mobs unless they were demon/undead.

Let's not even get into holy.

You have it good now.
02/20/2013 10:07 PMPosted by Valorous
In fact, we didn't even have a way to pull ranged mobs unless they were demon/undead.

Linken's Boomerang!
02/21/2013 01:09 AMPosted by Vlada
In fact, we didn't even have a way to pull ranged mobs unless they were demon/undead.

Linken's Boomerang!

Or engineering bombs. /shudder

I think half the nerfs engineers received over the years were due to Paladins using and abusing their mechanics. :D

I may or may not be making the above up, mind you. I went Blacksmithing. Still sorta regret it.

Yes.... It took me months to get to 70 on this toon (my first) back in BC, even as ret. What did we have? Crusader Strike (which was an 8 or 10 sec CD), Judgment, Exorcism if the mob was undead.

I think CS *used* to be at 6 or 8, then got nerfed to 10, for whatever reason Kalgan got offended by. My favorite memory was the very, very first Seal of Command in Vanilla. My memory's fuzzy, but back then, casting Judgment put a debuff on your target...that dealt Holy damage when your target got stunned. It was quite bad.

Linken's Boomerang!

LOL I had that!

Or engineering bombs. /shudder

I think half the nerfs engineers received over the years were due to Paladins using and abusing their mechanics. :D

I may or may not be making the above up, mind you. I went Blacksmithing. Still sorta regret it.

I was an engineer back in vanilla, but we literally had to be in order to have some semblance of viability. I was always using bombs in pvp and remember the gnomish death ray that could take away like 70% of someone's health? Hehehe

Yes.... It took me months to get to 70 on this toon (my first) back in BC, even as ret. What did we have? Crusader Strike (which was an 8 or 10 sec CD), Judgment, Exorcism if the mob was undead.

I remember being so happy to have CS. I leveled 1-60 with auto attack & judgement.

I think CS *used* to be at 6 or 8, then got nerfed to 10, for whatever reason Kalgan got offended by. My favorite memory was the very, very first Seal of Command in Vanilla. My memory's fuzzy, but back then, casting Judgment put a debuff on your target...that dealt Holy damage when your target got stunned. It was quite bad.

At level 60, whenever an enemy was stunned with that debuff, it did 38 damage. Don't know why I remember that lol. Probably because it was so bad.
02/20/2013 10:00 PMPosted by Titanax
Shoulda been here for Vanilla/BC.....ret leveling.....or leveling any class in general was slow, but more fun, made you learn and enjoy the game, now it's just like HOW FAST CAN I GET TO 90 WITHOUT TRYING OR ENJOYING ANYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME WEEEEEEE

More fun? Yeah man, SEAL, JUDGE, SEAL, AUTOATTACKS, JUDGE, SEAL, AUTOATTACKS!

!@#$ yeah man, I loved being able to alt tab and check out 240p videos on YouTube, that made the game so much more enjoyable.
I remember back when Crusader Strike was at 50! Try leveling back then! (possibly worse before that, I started during Lich King). Now, every Pally starts with it....before, you relied only on auto attack for the first couple levels....I do miss the old way of how Divine Storm was...new Pally system...ehh...but still like mine now!
02/21/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Inares

More fun? Yeah man, SEAL, JUDGE, SEAL, AUTOATTACKS, JUDGE, SEAL, AUTOATTACKS!

!@#$ yeah man, I loved being able to alt tab and check out 240p videos on YouTube, that made the game so much more enjoyable.

I know, right?

Nostalgia: distorting reality for as long as we can remember. Vanilla was being able to go afk for 5 minutes and be able to come back to toss a heal, rebuff, and finish what I was killing. Seal of Command was for noobs, the pro pallys used Seal of Crusader! BC was worse, since our 'dps' spec 'started' to get an 'identity'. Yup, BC was awesome with our lack of threat reduction.

Honestly, the best part of BC was polishing my gears with warrior tears. Really brought out the shine!