Ret Pallys Surviablity

Paladin
Righteous Fury: Useless in pvp. If Ret Got it changed to have a 10% Less damage from the ret pally and 15% less damage taken would be nice. Then you can see the skill ret pally switching it off and on when they see burst coming + the 10% less damage the pally dose keep it from being on all the time and you can turn it off when you going for a burst + it will help pally survivability. Most Class have a Damage reduction for melee and caster but Ret the only one that has to glype to get it to do melee.
Righteous Fury. Threat Generation. Get over it.

Divine Protection
WoGs
Divine Shield
BoP
Glyph of Templars Verdict

Divine Protection
WoGs
Divine Shield
BoP

Good talent choices there chief.
The only problematic one is Light's Hammer there, Nytro. Why do I have it? Dailies.

I don't see how i can get adds to stack on me and not use it.... /facepalm.

Divine Protection
WoGs
Divine Shield
BoP

Piss off back to forever 1200 and leave the discussion to the adults.

So why are you in this discussion? Don't you have some homework to do?

Angry nerd alert.
The only problematic one is Light's Hammer there, Nytro. Why do I have it? Dailies.

I don't see how i can get adds to stack on me and not use it.... /facepalm.

Say perhaps you get jumped :o Holy Prism is just too good.

I wish LH had a shorter CD however, maybe like 30 seconds.

Divine Protection
WoGs
Divine Shield
BoP

Piss off back to forever 1200 and leave the discussion to the adults.

Maybe you shouldn't only grow a pair of balls on a World of Warcarft forum. Maybe, if you had that much enthusiasm outside, you'd get somewhere in life. What do i care about arena rating for compared to how much i excel in the outside world? !@#$ing kid logic..
However, back on the subject of the thread, Righteous Fury is only available to ret in those cases where a bad tank dies and you need to take some damage. Just as druids have bear forms, warriors have def stance, and monks have Ox stance
02/14/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Aggronn
However, back on the subject of the thread, Righteous Fury is only available to ret in those cases where a bad tank dies and you need to take some damage. Just as druids have bear forms, warriors have def stance, and monks have Ox stance

I think what the OP meant was something similar to say Defensive Stance or Aspect of the Iron Hawk which have flat damage reductions.

Maybe RF for Ret could be like 15% more damage + 10% reduced damage.
All of them do increase threat generation (tooltip wise), but not all talents are meant specifically for pve or pvp. I think that we do not get this damage reduction purely bc of our self heals.
02/14/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Aggronn

You forgot Blood Presence.

You do realize all of those abilities include some form of damage mitigation as well as threat generation, don't you? Righteous Fury is the lone exception. The trick is to make it a source of mitigation without buffing Protection or Holy, but it's not that much of a trick since every spec has passives that abilities can be hung on just for that purpose.