Battle Pet Leveling Tips...

General Discussion
So I'm currently in pursuit of my singing cricket and I'm looking for some tips to raise battle pets to 25. My current strategy is highly effective, which I will share with you, but who knows maybe there is a better one. I hear talk of sacrificing pets, but to me, this sounds terrible as it only works once per res. Anyway...

Currently my method involves killing the aquatic pets in Vale of eternal blossoms. Around the water you'll get packs of 3 aquatics, or sometimes 2 and a flyer. All you really need is 1 flyer yourself, and a decent humanoid pet. Your third pet is the one you're leveling (could be level 1).

So you're flyer will have 3 abilities that are all plus aquatic. Normally flyers have a basic attack, some sort of defensive move (cacoon strike, or the fly in the air move), and a hard hitting attack. With their high speed you can typically avoid most damage and kill 2 or 3 aquatics without taking damage, or very little. I never need to go and heal at a pet tamer.

The humanoid is nice for the rare flyer you get. I use a Kun Lai runt with deep freeze and double attack, which will one shot just about anything you'll find in the wild - if the stun goes off.

This strategy works with level 1's as you'll often get Aqua Striders that use "Pump." This enables you to get a pet in, attack once, and get out. Then solo the rest with your flyer and humanoid. Doesn't always work but it will most of the time.

Anyone have any tips for me?
Sacrificing pets doesnt work anymore. I'm sure there was even a blue post about it. There is an ach that gives you a safari hat as a reward and the safari hat gives you 10% more xp for your pet. You should look into doing that ach. I cant remember which one it is but its one I have.
Yeah I have a hat. I also have a killer kitty, but it still takes damage. When I'm grinding out 25's I want as little downtime as possible. What I'm doing is still superior...
02/15/2013 12:27 AMPosted by Ilikepurple
Yeah I have a hat. I also have a killer kitty, but it still takes damage. When I'm grinding out 25's I want as little downtime as possible. What I'm doing is still superior...

Compare your amount of level 25s to mine, taking into account that I leveled less than 10 pets via the Nishi method and I haven't really leveled any since around Christmas. The Darkmoon Cub/Feline Familiar both have a heal and they both two-three shot Critters their level, making their method with critter only grinding far superior.

It's really not. It requires more moving around and more button pushes per win. You're method is highly effective though.

I'm not going to bother pointing out that time invested plays a huge role in the number of 25s you have. I'm merely looking for a solid discussion without snide remarks.
02/24/2013 02:28 AMPosted by Psilar
I'm merely looking for a solid discussion without snide remarks.

Just because someone disagrees with you or has a different way of doing things doesn't mean they're being snide when they share their opinion, particularly when you are soliciting opinions. Yeesh. Touchy, touchy.
Just go to zones where the pets are 2 or 3 levels above the pets you want to level, do battles, level up a bit, move on to the next area, repeat.... Capture new pets in the process to expand your collection, of course.