Rune of Re-Origination

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Post Limit:
between heroic and raid finder, the only difference is agility. wouldnt one think that lfr would be 100% of stats, normal 110% and heroic 120% (or different numbers). just seems like its not as big an upgrade because of the proc not being "heroic" altho still awesome.
Hmm, interesting. Come 5.3 it will also be an absolutely terrible choice for valor upgrade.

Since the proc value will differ so wildly between classes, I wonder if it's intended to throw balance out the window and just be an oddity.
02/15/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Makeshift
altho still awesome.

No the proc isn't awesome, the proc is really bad. This trinket in its current form is a free shard on the loot tables.
at high gear levels their is about 14000 points of haste crit and mastery to go around. the lfr trinkets in the next tier have procs of 4.2k agility. you would only need 8.4k stat points (simplified) to make make it even in points. its a stretch, but at high gear levels could be good?
between heroic and raid finder, the only difference is agility. wouldnt one think that lfr would be 100% of stats, normal 110% and heroic 120% (or different numbers). just seems like its not as big an upgrade because of the proc not being "heroic" altho still awesome.

The number of stats it changes increases with every upgrade you make to every non-trinket slot.

If they did make it 100% of stats --> 120% of stats, it would double dip in scaling. It is unusual in that it relies on what happens with your other slots as you upgrade gear, but *shrug*.

No the proc isn't awesome, the proc is really bad. This trinket in its current form is a free shard on the loot tables.

In current form, it's going to be horribad for some specs, and godly for the specs that can use cancelaura to game it (like WW's getting Mastery to game Tigereye Brew and then cancelling the buff)

at high gear levels their is about 14000 points of haste crit and mastery to go around. the lfr trinkets in the next tier have procs of 4.2k agility. you would only need 8.4k stat points (simplified) to make make it even in points.

The difference between gaining X of a stat and reducing X stat to turn it into Y is something you're missing.
The problems With the trinket as I've seen mentioned a few times is 1. Agi classes generally have secondary stats very similar in stat weights unlike say warriors. So there isn't much benefit in the first place.

2. Secondary stats work multiplicatively, eg each point of haste on a rogue is made by better each point of mastery.

3. There's no stat gain. Every other dps trinket increases stats or does flat damage (vial of shadows) except this one.

For the classes this could possibly good through (odd mastery stat, extreme stat weighting, etc.) this thing will be amazing. There's no way this trinket can be balanced IMO..
The problem with it is I don't think there is one agility class where one (let alone two) of their secondary stats are that lopsided that you can simply disregard them. Also the proc essentially nets you nothing where other trinkets are giving your primary stats or a boost to a single secondary.

I do think it's interesting but it needs to offer something.

What if you just removed 50% of both of your weakest secondary stats and doubled them. Same effect, except now you're actually gaining something.

5000 crit, 5000 mastery, 8000 haste. Trinket procs. You now have 2500 crit, 2500 mastery and 13k haste, which would be a net gain of +5000 of a secondary stat for a little bit. I don't think that's out of the question.

It's certainly interesting and creative, but it's under budget. All stats work off each other to some degree and just removing them causes problems. It's also problematic when one of your best secondaries is haste but only to a certain threshold, and proccing this just gives you too many resources.
02/15/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Slashlove
The difference between gaining X of a stat and reducing X stat to turn it into Y is something you're missing.

but for assassination rogues at least, mastery is far better than crit and haste, so losing those stats for mastery isnt much of a loss, but yes i see your point.

and the double dipping i suppose, its just strange that lfr and heroic are the same proc, its unique i think.
but for assassination rogues at least, mastery is far better than crit and haste, so losing those stats for mastery isnt much of a loss, but yes i see your point.

Mastery is better sure but it isn't that much better. In BiS gear Mastery EP is about 1.3EP, crit 1.05 and haste .95, these aren't totally accurate but it should be close enough. That means for every point of crit converted into mastery you gain .25EP and .35 EP for haste-> mastery. LFR Terror of the Mists (a weak assassination trinket) has a proc valued at around 6500 EP, to meet that with crit-> mastery you'd need 26K crit or 18.5K haste.

This also assumes mastery retains its value when you have zero haste and crit, this also isn't true, at zero haste and crit mastery is worth 20-30% less. Its very possible that a rune of origination proc would be a dps loss for an assassination rogue.

What he ^ said. The main thing that people sometimes forget is that your stats depend on or feed off each other.
What I don't get is why does Blizz always try to make off the wall trinkets like this? That intellect one giving 100% crit is another that will be wildly imbalanced. Very few complain about the relatively normal trinkets in this tier. Why try something that almost is never balanced?
Also gameable for Ferals to set up a massive Rip. Especially now that all DoTs snapshot (at least Crit).

It's a terribad RPS trinket for Guardians, but great for DPS.
but when you consider each "point" of crit = 1 % and each "point" of mastery equals more than 1% (assassination is 3.5%) its conceivable that it could more than double the amount of damage your poisons do, which could more than make up for the loss of crit (doubling the damage) and haste.

i do forget the amount it takes for 1 crit and 1 mastery, but ill come back with those.
but when you consider each "point" of crit = 1 % and each "point" of mastery equals more than 1% (assassination is 3.5%) its conceivable that it could more than double the amount of damage your poisons do, which could more than make up for the loss of crit (doubling the damage) and haste.

i do forget the amount it takes for 1 crit and 1 mastery, but ill come back with those.

You don't seem to get it, EP values take into account the differences in rating per point.
ah, thought it was 1 to 1 where 1 is 1 point in mastery and not 1%