Why do people defend ganking part 3 (continue

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Your totally missing the point Xellaerah its clear that you support the type of gameplay that harasses other players and i leave yall with these questions - Would you do this in real life ? how would it feel if it happened to you? Is Grief play enjoyable ? I hope that one day this type of gameplay will end for good . Treat others how you would like to be treated regardless if the game supports it or not You the player are what controls the character not "lore"

if you are not smart enough to manage to stay unflagged on a pve realm. Sr you do deserve to die and be camped.

enough said...
I wanted to quote and respond to a message from the previous thread about this I liked by Orris-Sargeras --

Literally the only difference between PVP and PVE servers is that ganking is allowed. That is it. The only difference. There are hundreds of PVE servers to play on if you do not like ganking.

You say you don't want to hear that reply, but you are objecting to literally the only difference between the servers. If you want PVP, you can get it on a PVE server. You can flag and engage in World PVP when you so choose. You can do BGs and Arenas. You can raid the other faction's capital. You can do it all.

People play on PVP servers because they enjoy World PVP, and this includes ganking. If you do not like it, then there are literally hundreds of other servers that allow you to play without it. This is the equivalent of rolling on a Roll Playing server and complaining that they all speak in character.

I totally agree with this point. I rolled on PvE because I was new at the game when I started last October, but frankly I don't like PvP because- my character totally sucks for it. (Hunters have got to be the worst of all classes on this whole game for PvP- gear level 459, survival spec, NONE of it means a thing! I swear "DPS" on a hunter means "Derps Per Second", as much as I like my toon for non-PvP play.)

But to speak to your point, I often wonder why people roll on PvE servers if they want to do PvP? Go roll on a PvP server and knock the living daylights out of each other. :-)

Furthermore, why does Blizz consistently put in quests and things for PvP on a PvE server? I say have some arenas and BGs for people who want to have the option sure- but to me you sign up for PvE because you want to play against the computer- even with a group of friends. (Like Dungeons, Raids, etc.)
Didn't really need another thread.
Nyrva, while I agree with you that if you dont want to be ganked you should roll on a pve server, and that if you roll on a pvp server you have no right to complain. If you flag yourself on a pve server, you are also asking for it

02/18/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Nyrva
But to speak to your point, I often wonder why people roll on PvE servers if they want to do PvP? Go roll on a PvP server and knock the living daylights out of each other. :-)
02/18/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Febreeze

SIGH...some kid gets butthurt and has to continue a thread that was already unnecessary to begin with.
I try not to participate in these threads, nor follow them. Mainly because I don't really have an opinion one way or the other.

But every time I visit one, I have to admit that I hate the attitudes of alot of people who defend it . Have some respect and look at it from the lowbie's point of view.
(Incoming "they knew what they were gettting into when they rolled on a PvP server")
Can't we all just get along?
02/18/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Ratam
Have some respect and look at it from the lowbie's point of view.

Yes. It sucks for them. Wouldn't they know it sucks by the time they get to level 25? How about 40? They have by no means put so much time and effort into that character to make re-rolling arduous.
02/18/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Febreeze

It's okay, I have a cliche for that.

"A wizard is never late. He arrives precisely when he means to."

Wait, let me rephrase.

"A thread is never killed. It dies precisely when it should."
I try not to participate in these threads, nor follow them. Mainly because I don't really have an opinion one way or the other.

But every time I visit one, I have to admit that I hate the attitudes of alot of people who defend it . Have some respect and look at it from the lowbie's point of view.
(Incoming "they knew what they were gettting into when they rolled on a PvP server")

I really dont understand what you mean. I mean I dont see how killing the enemy in a war =disrespect , since we play worldofWARcraft
Nyrva, while I agree with you that if you dont want to be ganked you should roll on a pve server, and that if you roll on a pvp server you have no right to complain. If you flag yourself on a pve server, you are also asking for it

I agree with that. But that's why I generally avoid PvP most of the time. I confess, I have gone to the Elwynn forest area to shoot the farmers there on occasion and get flagged. Sometimes I get wasted for doing it, sometimes not. But in those cases I don't complain because in that case I was the one who wandered onto the enemy camp to "start some". When you do that you have it coming. Just like when they constantly hit the Crossroads in the Northern Barrens they can't cry if they get ganked then by a bunch of Hordies.

But I'm more into the quests, trying to earn rep, etc. Not big on PvP. But then again this is my first real MMO as I've traditionally been a console gamer.

I just don't like that some quest lines have quests put in them that you *must* be flagged PvP and risk ganking in order to move on with the quest line. I won't join a PvP server because PvP is not optional but it seems the devs still put in quests that kind of force the issue if you want to complete the quest line.

I really dont understand what you mean. I mean I dont see how killing the enemy in a war =disrespect , since we play worldofWARcraft

It's not killing them, it's their response on the forums it's usually something related to "PvP happens on a PvP server, deal with it" which to me says "screw you, I don't give a crap about your play time, I'm just going to stab you until you hearth"
02/18/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Ratam
It's not killing them, it's their response on the forums it's usually something related to "PvP happens on a PvP server, deal with it" which to me says "screw you, I don't give a crap about your play time, I'm just going to stab you until you hearth"

well, look at it this way, its a pvp server and people who like to gank are pvping while they are ganking, yes ganking=pvp.

So if I dont gank you, that ruins my play experience. Now you are arguing that because im ganking you im ruining your play experience. Its a pvp server, so deal with it
02/18/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Lickmykítten

well, look at it this way, its a pvp server and people who like to gank are pvping while they are ganking, yes ganking=pvp.

So if I dont gank you, that ruins my play experience. Now you are arguing that because im ganking you im ruining your play experience. Its a pvp server, so deal with it

Annnd...this is my point. But like I said, I don't really have an opinion on ganking. You kill me once, big whoop. Camping is what I hate.