[CS Lounge] Bunny Hop

Customer Support
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
Aw man, I'm ready for a nap, and its not even 11am yet >.<

If it makes you feel any better, so am I and I only got out of bed an hour ago... >.>
weee nother toon done with outland. just one more to go... then i never have to see that place again unless blizz adds a new class that starts at level 1 :P
02/27/2013 05:24 PMPosted by Shadofall
weee nother toon done with outland. just one more to go... then i never have to see that place again unless blizz adds a new class that starts at level 1 :P

You notice Jil here's been 58 for a while >.>
02/27/2013 05:24 PMPosted by Shadofall

Aw, I don't mind Outlands. Nagrand will probably forever be my favourite zone.
Pahanda's Blackberry Cobbler
Here's a quick-and-easy cobbler you can throw together for a cold night. Fruit substitutes shouldn't be that much of a problem (although something like peaches might need to get cut up fairly fine in order for it to work), if you're in the mood for something else.

Ingredients:
4 cups fresh (or frozen and thawed) blackberries, rinsed.
2 cups granulated sugar.
2 cups flour.
2 tsp baking powder.
1 tsp salt.
1 cup butter (melted).
2 cups milk.
Whipped cream or ice cream (optional).

Cookware:
2 large mixing bowls.
1 9"x12" high-walled baking dish.

Directions:
Mix blackberries and sugar in one of your mixing bowls until the fruit is completely covered. Let sit about 30 minutes, mixing occasionally, until the juice has run enough to color the sugar completely. You may wish to lightly mash the fruit from time to time as well, to speed up the process.

Towards the end of the allotted time, preheat the oven to 375F. Add the remainder of the dry ingredients to the second mixing bowl and mix well, to remove lumps. Slowly stir in the melted butter and milk, to make a batter.

Spray your baking dish generously with cooking spray, because this dish is particularly likely to stick when baked. Pour in the batter and dump the fruit/sugar mixture on top of it. You may wish to use a spoon to poke the fruit down into the batter slightly.

Bake for 55 minutes. You may wish to sprinkle a bit of granulated sugar on top of the dish in the last few minutes of baking, to give it a bit of a caramelized crust. Allow to set for 10 minutes before serving. A dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream (natural vanilla would be best) makes for a perfect finish to this dessert.
"Grathan's trouble, see. Big trouble. Mad scientist type. Likes weapons. Cyborgs. Droids. Ergonomic chairs." -- Captain Bryn
I am a BunnyGnome in disguise!
Pah, that sounds evilly delicious. Now to work out how to make it diabetic-friendly :P
02/27/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Ambermist
Pah, that sounds evilly delicious. Now to work out how to make it diabetic-friendly :P

I'm not sure it's possible to make cobbler diabetic-friendly. It's just a giant plate of fruit flavored sugar. :)
02/27/2013 08:05 PMPosted by Lissanna

I'm not sure it's possible to make cobbler diabetic-friendly. It's just a giant plate of fruit flavored sugar. :)

I can dream though, right? :P

I can always make it after July... seems fairly quick and easy.
02/27/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Ambermist

If you can handle the splenda brand of sweetener, it works well in cobbler.

still a lot of carbs, but then at least its fiberous carbs :P
02/27/2013 08:14 PMPosted by Ambermist
I can always make it after July... seems fairly quick and easy.

Yup. Like Brugh suggested on FB, you can just substitute Bisquick for the flour/baking powder/salt mixture.

And with the fresh fruit, there really isn't any way to cut the sugar out. If you had some sugar free pie filling, or similar, you could use that instead - that'd work.
"Passion has overthrown tyrants and freed prisoners and slaves. Passion has brought justice where there was savagery. Passion has created freedom where there was nothing but fear. Passion has helped souls rise from the ashes of their horrible lives and build something better, stronger, more beautiful." -- Harry Dresden
02/27/2013 09:35 AMPosted by Seenah
Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:3

https://twitter.com/bluspacecow
02/27/2013 08:18 PMPosted by Elunamakata
If you can handle the splenda brand of sweetener, it works well in cobbler

Unfortunately, that's one of the ones the husband-creature is allergic to. Or intolerant, I can never remember >.<

Yup. Like Brugh suggested on FB, you can just substitute Bisquick for the flour/baking powder/salt mixture.

Not sure I've ever seen Bisquick here... but it shouldn't be too hard to throw stuff together, in between feeds and changes lol.
I will probably run Alvie through Loremaster of Cata so she can skip Jade Forest. ;_;
Scuba shall henceforth be known as Scooter from this night forth... :P
Are you sure that's not the Amberling's name?
*spies a Mer*

*eats a Mer with Cranberry sauce*

For variety.

https://twitter.com/bluspacecow
02/28/2013 01:49 AMPosted by Merdrah
Are you sure that's not the Amberling's name?

/giggle

The 'ling's name is Rory, Merdie.
Scooter the Gnomeling
morning...