Why no more heirloom transmogs?

General Discussion
02/18/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Snowfox
Pucifer, I know you have your agenda against me, but please at least read the thread.

Agenda? No. I am just like you...stating the obvious.

But you are right, I didn't notice your other post. So my apologies for that (strangely I really mean that despite what you might think).
02/18/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Pucifer
Pucifer, I know you have your agenda against me, but please at least read the thread.

Agenda? No. I am just like you...stating the obvious.

But you are right, I didn't notice your other post. So my apologies for that (strangely I really mean that despite what you might think).

Alright, but consider that perhaps you missed it -because- you have that agenda.
Just a little fun fact.

When transmogs were announced, on the official blizzard website they had a page dedicated to it. Showing off a warrior or something wielding the legendary Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros. Turns out you can't xmog legendaries even though it was advertised on the picture.

RIP

Fun

Just a little fun fact..maybe he was actually holding the real thing in his hand.

02/18/2013 11:02 AMPosted by Pucifer
Nothing like blindly defending Blizzard?

Hey, I'll bad mouth Blizz, they should have handed out 24 hour bans to the people that did it for exploiting a bug...but then again, I am one of those "hanging judge" types and not the "$25 and time served" types.

02/18/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Pucifer
Troll? No. You seem to confuse troll with those who disagree with you
I do think you called her a "shill". This my friend is trolling. To turn this statement around on you though...just becauce someone agrees with Blizz and not you, does not make them a fanboi, shill, brownnoser, ect. "Don't you worry though, many seem to make that same mistake."

Just a little fun fact..maybe he was actually holding the real thing in his hand.

I actually do feel strongly that legendaries should be xmoggable though.

I'm not on the same page with Blizzard's viewpoint that it would lead to them "not feeling as prestigious"
I do think you called her a "shill". They my friend is trolling. To turn this statement around on you though...just becauce someone agrees with Blizz and not you, does not make them a fanboi, shill, brownnoser, ect. "Don't you worry though, many seem to make that same mistake."

I did call her a "shill". And I mean it. I am sure she knows that I think that of her WAY before this thread. I have a long list of reasons why i think this to be. Not just one comment alone.

I would go into a long explanation of why I think this. But I think I have told her before why I think this way.

Still not trolling. Because I have no expectations of getting a rise out of her. Again, many of you confuse what trolling even means. Just because I think she was a poor choice for MVP doesn't make me a troll.

By that kinda thinking I could accuse of you being a "White Knight". Because you dared to defend a girl in the forums. Is that the case?

[/derailment]

I actually do feel strongly that legendaries should be xmoggable though.

I'm not on the same page with Blizzard's viewpoint that it would lead to them "not feeling as prestigious"

They're already not prestigous anymore.

My view is legendaries should be open to transmog once they are an Expansion behind. For instance the Cata legendary Staff and Rogue Daggers should have been moggable the second MoP hit. Or maybe the first major content patch in, or something.

Legendaries should be valuable and cause heads to turn in town when they are current, but once their current-status has passed, they start becoming available to more people and the transmog restriction should be lifted because they are no longer as important.
@Pucifer, I don't really care about your personal grudge against me.

Please stop derailing threads about it though.
02/18/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Kekkipop
Does anyone know why Blizzard got rid of the ability to transmog an heirloom and then send the transmogged heirloom to a lower level alt? This was something that I really enjoyed doing when transmogging first came out, and I was sad when Blizzard took this away.

If it was intended, then they would allow us to transmog stuff from all levels and you wouldn't need to transmog then mail it to a low level alt. They only let us transmog what we can use.
Because other classes could have the look of tier not intended for their class. and we all know fun must be nerfed
I understand the prestigious feeling and all, but lets be really honest here, how many people actually KNOW what is legendary. Sure people know of Thunderfury, but aside from its name and that you link it in trade chat. Who KNOWS it's a legendary. I think more of 2 expansion ago Legendary's allowed for transmogg. That way people whose effort is still fresh in their mind can keep that satisfaction. I feel for Wrath and BC that the accomplishment has died down because it can be so easily done now.

As for mogging Hierlooms. Eh I really see no harm in it, the Heirlooms themselves are based off old Tier sets aren't they? I see no problem if a lvl 1 wants to look like Tier 12 or in most cases with clothies nowadays, a hooker, go ahead.
02/18/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Pucifer
Just because I think she was a poor choice for MVP doesn't make me a troll.
Actually causing a disturbance in threads does...especally where you can voice that opinion directly to the CMs via an e-mail.

02/18/2013 11:38 AMPosted by Pucifer
By that kinda thinking I could accuse of you being a "White Knight". Because you dared to defend a girl in the forums. Is that the case?

Actually, I would have done it for any of the people on the forums I enjoy reading. Besides, to say my wife is "the jealous type" is like saying the surface of the sun is slightly warm.

Now...if you want to see a real troll in action....

Snow, have you ever considered that he..."likes you" but has now health way to express it?

My work here is done ;)
\

LOL, after you got to speak your part and add to the derailment.

Classy!

Personal Grudge? No I just think you are a poor choice for a MVP. But you can tell yourself it is just a matter of jealousy. I mean that must be it. That will let you still feel good about the job you do here.

It's because I am trying to be nice here instead of taking this into the whole harassment area. I'm giving you the easy out, right now - to stop with what you are doing.
This little dude has a bit of special snowflake syndrome with his gun.
didn't transmog of looms cause them to go soulbound?
kind of like you can't enchant a loom or it will go soulbound?

Neither of those statements are true.

You can enchant heirlooms just fine, and still mail them off to other characters on your account, they're just very restrictive on the enchants they can -take- due to their iLvL.

Transmogging heirlooms does not, and never did, make them become soulbound.

Neither of those statements are true.

You can enchant heirlooms just fine, and still mail them off to other characters on your account, they're just very restrictive on the enchants they can -take- due to their iLvL.

Transmogging heirlooms does not, and never did, make them become soulbound.

that's awesome..
i'm still kind of new to all this transmog stuff..

i pretty much just saw the video on the site for it..i must have gotten something mixed up with the heirloom part of it..

and the enchants..has it always been like that?

i could swear back in like wrath when i got mine from the tournament..it said something about if you enchant this item it will become soulbound or something like that..tied to that char..
heck that was so long ago it may have been about the ilvl stuff..
i just remember there was some warning about enchanting them..

either way..i've been holding off on enchanting mine because of back then..but if we can that's great..

maybe i just misunderstood what was said is all back then hehehe
it woudln't be the first time lol
Fun is not intended, only waiting for the next hotfix to stop it.
If it wasn't intended for heirlooms to be transmoggable by higher level characters, it shouldn't have been an option when the transmogging first came out. It's kind of mean to give players something fun and then take it away.
02/18/2013 12:39 PMPosted by Kekkipop
If it wasn't intended for heirlooms to be transmoggable by higher level characters, it shouldn't have been an option when the transmogging first came out. It's kind of mean to give players something fun and then take it away.

they should just add those pieces from the original sets to like the darkmoon fair like they did some other sets..

any time they pull a set i think they should still give us the option to grind it at the fair for xmog..
i hate seeing them discontinued..