RIP Arcane... Hello Fire My Old Friend

Mage
Post Limit:
02/17/2013 03:07 AMPosted by Hakuren
Grasping at straws really doesn't fit your stubborn personality. Nerfing coefficients has nothing to do with my point. Please reread. No, you will not be handed the information. It's right in the pos

Once again, you are wrong and if you say I am wrong its up to you to provide proof of that.

The reason you are wrong is because they nerfed all the relevant arcane skills by the same amount thus making the argument that they made arcane barrage less appealing is completely flawed because they just kept it at the same comparative level. They actually have made it more appealing by simply getting rid of scorch. Because if you are using rune of power or incanters ward and you are at max stacks with no missile procs then you most likely are going to have to us arcane barrage. As opposed to before of just using scorch. Thus making it more preferred.

02/17/2013 03:07 AMPosted by Hakuren
I would rethink your major. :| Taking an introduction to statistical methods course doesn't really qualify as 'good at statistical concepts'.

Being formally educated does not qualify one as good at anything : l
Is this the same type of theorycrafting that brings you to play arcane so well this tier?

http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/sargeras/draagun/

Says the mage in a guild that is 5/16 heroic... see what I did there

http://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/stormreaver/Make+It+Happen/rating.tier14_25

I would rethink your major. :| Taking an introduction to statistical methods course doesn't really qualify as 'good at statistical concepts'.

Grasping at straws really doesn't fit your stubborn personality. Nerfing coefficients has nothing to do with my point. Please reread. No, you will not be handed the information. It's right in the post.

Nerfing ABarr, something they are trying to encourage us to use, demonstrates that the development team really has no clue what they're doing in regards to arcane balance. Their goal has always been for us to clear our charges and they are trying extremely hard to pigeonhole us into doing so. If they want us to clear charges, all they have to do is make ABarr appealing. They have never done so.

There's a reason Abarr has never been appealing. It's called PvP, sadly.

Furthermore, at this point all they really want is to lower arcane's damage, funfactor be damned.
They did it with fire in a hotfix, a day after an accidental buff, supposed to be a nerf, clearly untested.

Blizzard doesn't put as much stock in a fun spec as you or I would. They are more concerned with outright balance first and foremost, and then if they can make it fun along the way, they will.

While accurate, arcane is fairly underrepresented in PVP at the moment. I'm not entirely sure that buffing ABarr would cause this unbalanced behavior.

Not to mention, there are several ways to make ABarr appealing without buffing it too much in PVP such as a % chance to conserve x amount of charges based on the # of stacks you were at when it was cast. The biggest problem in PVP for arcane is the ramp up time so this would push us in the right direction there. For PVE, though, I'm not certain that would be nearly enough. Sure, if you dump with ABarr you could end up with 4 stacks but then you're not really benefiting from regeneration too much.

I just really dislike the fact that evocation now will be tied to our charges. It's as if they knew we would soon be invo/evo weaving and dashed that out before it even began.

02/17/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Hiroran
Grasping at straws really doesn't fit your stubborn personality. Nerfing coefficients has nothing to do with my point. Please reread. No, you will not be handed the information. It's right in the pos

Once again, you are wrong and if you say I am wrong its up to you to provide proof of that.

The reason you are wrong is because they nerfed all the relevant arcane skills by the same amount thus making the argument that they made arcane barrage less appealing is completely flawed because they just kept it at the same comparative level. They actually have made it more appealing by simply getting rid of scorch. Because if you are using rune of power or incanters ward and you are at max stacks with no missile procs then you most likely are going to have to us arcane barrage. As opposed to before of just using scorch. Thus making it more preferred.

Being formally educated does not qualify one as good at anything : l

I found a relevant picture for you.

http://i.imgur.com/WxlEtu9.jpg

It's even inverted (just for you) so you don't have to waste the time that you normally do distorting points and failing to read properly. :)
lol, that picture is awesome