Valor point spending

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
man.... i've been farming valor points and when i went to go spend them i find out i have to be honored or revered with different reps. WTF is up with that, it sucks.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7909111142

http://ptr.wowhead.com/faction=1435

Observe the items available at neutral and friendly. You get to friendly by killing one boss (not sure if normal and LFR count equally).
02/14/2013 02:02 AMPosted by Highwire
man.... i've been farming valor points and when i went to go spend them i find out i have to be honored or revered with different reps. WTF is up with that, it sucks.
no you dont

along with the information in the previous post, there is an NPC that upgrades gear for valor that requires no rep at all, until patch 5.2
i say go back to the way it was in cata, you don't need rep to spend your dang valor.
02/14/2013 02:34 AMPosted by Highwire
i say go back to the way it was in cata, you don't need rep to spend your dang valor.

02/14/2013 02:32 AMPosted by Zaxan
there is an NPC that upgrades gear for valor that requires no rep at all, until patch 5.2
If you've been farming VP, it's very likely that one of the following is true:

1. You've been doing dailies for VP, which means you have faction reputation to unlock rewards.
2. You've been raiding, which means VP gear is not an upgrade.

There are situations that don't fit in those boxes (e.g. my semi-retired warrior has around 1200 VP, but all those are from the occassional Tiller dailies).

02/14/2013 02:34 AMPosted by Highwire

As long as Valor is then only available from Raids. How's that for a trade?
Welp not that I agree with OP, but he could be farming the VP from instances and/or scenarios, which wouldn't fit your assessment.
02/14/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Kerranggaroo
2. You've been raiding, which means VP gear is not an upgrade.

I zoned into MGV once, and all my gear magically became 489+!

But if you're "farming vp", you should probably know what it's for before thinking it's extraneous work

You've actually upgraded a blue item too through the system.
02/14/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Kerranggaroo
As long as Valor is then only available from Raids. How's that for a trade?
Sounds good.