To blizzard...

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
02/19/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Adelsya
I thought Blizzard said LFR was there for people who wanted to see end game content, not to gear up to raid.
Then you failed to read http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4023602 :
Q.Who is Raid Finder for?
A. Raid Finder is primarily intended for players who don’t already raid consistently. These are players who may not have had the opportunity to take part in raid content due to scheduling conflicts, playtime constraints, limited access to other raid-capable players, or a lack of experience with higher-end content. These players may want to experience World of Warcraft’s raid content and storyline without being able to commit to the additional time investment of a raiding guild. The Raid Finder is also a great way to quickly and easily gear up alternate characters without having to worry about raid lockouts.

That was put out in November of 2011. I don't know where you got your misconception from.
It's an older blog article [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886"]Dev Watercooler - Mists of Pandaria Looting Explained[/url] but it's still relevant and goes over the philosophy behind the changes to Raid Finder loot. (Also good reading for those wearing Rose Colored Goggles.)

To the OP, please review the [url="http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct"]Code of Conduct[/url] and stop attacking posters for not agreeing with you.

But the OP posted only once, unless he was on another account. Guess you can hide from the players but not blizz.
02/19/2013 04:00 PMPosted by Arhagon
But the OP posted only once, unless he was on another account. Guess you can hide from the players but not blizz.
Or maybe the questionable posts were deleted. We'll never know.
YOur LFR loot system SUCKS...

I have run LFR and SHA for a month now on 2 toons (4 times) And i have not gotten a SINGLE peice of gear even tho i have a 15% chance yea right blizz i swear if i dont get anything in this next run i will not renew my sub, it is beyond rediculous that you gate all the items to help get a higher item level behind a stupid rep grind but you also make its painful to gear through LFR and get into real raids with some kind of head start

So as i said one last chance or i am done and will not renew my sub

Even if you do get gear this time, would you please do us all a favor and unsub anyway? This game could use alot less self-entitled whiners.
According to WoWProgress, this is another of his characters

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cairne/D%C3%AA%C3%A4thlyh%C3%B6wls/advanced

Seems like he's got plenty of LFR loot to me. Calling troll.
02/19/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Ronduwil
Or maybe the questionable posts were deleted. We'll never know.

The posts were removed. A shame, seeing as how they were quite funny.
What is there to explain? You get free loot for showing up.

I'd like to point out from that blog you linked:

I understand as a whole the entire LFR drop rates are working, the problem is the outliers, the people who are going on two content patches with continued bad luck. After 13 weeks, I myself have 5, FIVE Shin'ka drops so far, 3 head token drops, and 0 Kilrak drops. As a dual wield frost dk, that is the definition of "frustratingly random that I stop enjoying the experience"

And this is different from normal raiding how again? RNG is RNG. Quit crying.

The difference is in raiding, the bosses ALWAYS drops loot. And if I can't use the item, someone else in the raid can. And the raid, AS A WHOLE, gets better gear, even if I as an individual don't. And I raid with the same people every week. THAT is the difference.
02/19/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Druga
I understand as a whole the entire LFR drop rates are working, the problem is the outliers, the people who are going on two content patches with continued bad luck. After 13 weeks, I myself have 5, FIVE Shin'ka drops so far, 3 head token drops, and 0 Kilrak drops. As a dual wield frost dk, that is the definition of "frustratingly random that I stop enjoying the experience"

Specific examples like that are useful feedback and /sadpanda to hear about your streak. But, then the character would have accumulated enough Valor points to purchase some epic items of a comparable item level. It's a slower but parallel progression path. Still, our developers are looking at ways to improve the Raid Finder loot system.

One of the changes currently in-testing on the PTR is to allow the satchels in Raid Finder to have a chance to contain additional rewards; such as Raid Finder versions of Normal and Heroic difficulty zone drops that were previously otherwise unavailable.
02/19/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Adelsya
RNG is RNG my friend nothing you can do about it, better than the old system where people would ninja an item because they could...

This is what most people fail to get. It's not that a piece never drops...I guarantee it does. But, now that you don't SEE it drop and SEE your roll you believe it hasn't dropped. It dropped, you lost an invisible roll. The system doesn't suck, it's an illusion. The one thing I absolutely wish Blizzard had done from the start; put something other than gold in those bags! I'm glad it's being refined for 5.2, but that was just bad decision making to put a token amount of gold in the bags. The 5.2 system should have been the 5.0 system (that is not a QQ over RNG :P )

<--- Still waiting on Sha Touched gun. :( But not gonna QQ over RNG.
Guess I got lucky. I got two pieces in one day. Didn't have any elder charms. I got the belt and legs. And of course the boots from the claw turn in. Random is random.
02/19/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Rygarius

Specific examples like that are useful feedback and /sadpanda to hear about your streak. But, then the character would have accumulated enough Valor points to purchase some epic items of a comparable item level. It's a slower but parallel progression path. Still, our developers are looking at ways to improve the Raid Finder loot system.

One of the changes currently in-testing on the PTR is to allow the satchels in Raid Finder to have a chance to contain additional rewards; such as Raid Finder versions of Normal and Heroic difficulty zone drops that were previously otherwise unavailable.

My solution, allow players to trade in multiples of drops for gear from the same boss' loot table. You can only trade in a drop (not one already bound to you), and if you don't get a drop, no trade-in. This won't increase the drop rate, either.
But, then the character would have accumulated enough Valor points to purchase some epic items of a comparable item level. It's a slower but parallel progression path.

You can't call Valor a parallel path when you've spent the entire expansion telling us the dailies Valor gear is locked away behind are optional and that people can just as easily gear up in LFR to avoid them.

Can't have it both ways.
I can relate to this frustration. I know I haven't done it as much as you, but after 7 sha kills, using a coin on everyone I believe, and not getting either of the weapons, it's really frustrtating. I'd like it if there was someway to get a drop garenteed. Like you can use 10 greater charms to get a 100% of getting a certain drop.
It's an older blog article [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886"]Dev Watercooler - Mists of Pandaria Looting Explained[/url] but it's still relevant and goes over the philosophy behind the changes to Raid Finder loot. (Also good reading for those wearing Rose Colored Goggles.)

To the OP, please review the [url="http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct"]Code of Conduct[/url] and stop attacking posters for not agreeing with you.

LOL...... cute.
I gave up running LFR and Sha due to lack of drops on this toon. My DK has received some drops, however the vast majority were from coin rolls.

This new system is terribly bad and the old system was better.

People saying "omg you never got gear cause people rolled need and traded anyways!", are just echoing what Blizzard in the past has told us what was happening. Meanwhile, if you were nice and performed well, you could ask people nicely (Who didn't need the piece) if you could have it. Yeah there is a chance they would say no, but between this new system and the old, I received more with the old system just by asking people for gear.

I've killed 71 Bosses on this toon in LFR, and still sub 480 ilvl (As well as 15 Normal bosses). I'm still wearing PvP pieces to fill out some slots, and I do my dailies on my other toon who I enjoy farming rep with. I don't have time to do dailies on two toons.

Blizzard stated we were not forced into doing dailies, however for me this doesn't seem to be the case as I could not compete with the system and it's RNG.

RNG is one thing, but to completely remove the added chance of player input (IE people giving other's loot) was a terrible direction which could have been avoided by better methods, such as (But not limited to) applying Unique/(1)/(2)/(3) to items. Unique (2) for Weapons and Unique (3) for tier pieces, while tying the Tier tokens into the same unique category as the actual tier pieces.

Instead of making a system like that, it seems Blizzard went the route of "Screw it, they want to complain lets just remove it instead of putting in any worthwhile work", which seems to be the current flow of the development team, and is hurting my WoW experience.

Other things they've seemingly given up on: PvP balance as a whole. Ya some tweaks here and there, but PvP needs MAJOR changes that Blizzard will not do due to "Changing a game in mid expansion isn't the right thing to do.".

I don't know, the design philosophy of this game has gone down the tubes in my humble opinion. The Development team simply needs fresh minds in my opinion.

Sorry about the semi-rant but hey, we all have a limit of crud.

tl;dr: New loot system is terrible. I rather be at the mercy's of other's than the mercy of the system.

for every LFR without a successful drop, the player could receive a bonus to subsequent LFR rolls. this information would be completely hidden from the player, but would insure that eventually such a player would get a winning roll
My comment on current LFR loot is .... No chance at OS gear at all. So, no reason for well geared tanks and healers to show up at all.

Neat, though what would also be neat is if we could trade LFR drops with others in the LFR group.

I've gotten a lot of pants. I'll never be out of Sluggy.com emergency pants in this game. ;)