Badmaster

Monk
Remove Gotox and statue

Add a crit and/or haste buff for X amount of damage that has been purified in the last Y seconds.

inb4 moving over orbs it hard
inb4 statue is good on a few fights
Reforging into Mastery heavy builds is generally what heroic-level monks do.

I actually agree with a change in the way Gift of the Ox works. In really movement-heavy fights, my orbs are spread out everywhere and never where I can get them right at the moment I need them.
lol
What we need in this case is not a change of how these things work but a mechanic that allows us to sort of "suck in" all orbs within a certain distance around us. Like, if you take a hit that hurts you for more than 33% of your health pool you instantly consume as many nearby orbs as you need to heal the damage or are available.

That should instantly solve this problem.

But knowing Blizzard they'd probably rather swing the nerf bat first and remove all fun from playing BrM. :p
02/21/2013 10:42 PMPosted by Pokémonk
Like, if you take a hit that hurts you for more than 33% of your health pool you instantly consume as many nearby orbs as you need to heal the damage or are available.

That'd be a bit too strong to be passive, even if it cleared all your current Gotox orbs off the ground. I could see it as an activated ability, but it would have to have a pretty decent cooldown. 2-3 minutes, at least.
02/21/2013 10:49 PMPosted by Femifist
Like, if you take a hit that hurts you for more than 33% of your health pool you instantly consume as many nearby orbs as you need to heal the damage or are available.

That'd be a bit too strong to be passive, even if it cleared all your current Gotox orbs off the ground. I could see it as an activated ability, but it would have to have a pretty decent cooldown. 2-3 minutes, at least.

Alternatively we could get a glyph that just adds a button that says "Pull all orbs within 10 yards towards you"
What we need in this case is not a change of how these things work but a mechanic that allows us to sort of "suck in" all orbs within a certain distance around us. Like, if you take a hit that hurts you for more than 33% of your health pool you instantly consume as many nearby orbs as you need to heal the damage or are available.

Could just add it to SCK, would make sense and make it a active use type of thing instead of just CD watch or another button. Something like that be pretty nice in my book.
Wow, I didn't know you could get to 500+ ilvl and not know how to reforge properly.

Anyways, a well played Monk is the best tank in the game right now, a poorly played Monk is the worst tank this game has ever seen. I wish all tank classes worked this way.

Never saw vanilla paladins, did you? XD
I agree with some of the posts, seems like the overall consensus is that the gotox mechanic needs to be altered because in the current state its not useful as it could be.
Hopefully more discussion continues :)

-If sck did suck them in, why wouldnt they just make an ability that costs 40 energy instead? Seems kind of useless when you would just cancelaura it as soon as you suck em in (assuming single target boss fight where SCK would have no use apart from absorbing gotox orbs)
Guards from the statue are literally the best utility a Brewmaster brings to a raid right now.