310% Mount speed

New Player Help and Guides
Hi Everbody,

I have a snowy gryphon. Do I need to upgrade to a swift mount to fly at 310% speed? Does the snowy gryphon scale with my riding skill? I read on wow wiki that I need a 310% mount to fly max speed. Is that true?
02/23/2013 04:25 AMPosted by Venquix
I read on wow wiki that I need a 310% mount to fly max speed. Is that true?

No, it's not.
(Which is why I never refer anyone to that site)

Mount speed scales with riding skill.
To fly at the highest speed possible, you need to train Master Riding, which will apply to all your flying mounts for that character.
02/23/2013 04:54 AMPosted by Nobully
I read on wow wiki that I need a 310% mount to fly max speed. Is that true?

No, it's not.

To fly at the highest speed possible, you need to train Master Riding, which will apply to all your flying mounts for that character.

You are the best, Nobully! You replied very fast and I appreciate the good news. Also I will never use WoW wiki again. Thanks for the info. (+rep)

P.S. - Your name is great. Fits your toon perfectly.
You're welcome :D
02/23/2013 04:54 AMPosted by Nobully

And just FYI, the speed increase from Expert to Artisan is noticeable (150>280%), the increase from Artisan to Master isn't (280>310%). Artisan and Master are both just ways to spend gold, but with Artisan you'll feel like you actually received something.
02/23/2013 05:56 AMPosted by Drewb
nd just FYI, the speed increase from Expert to Artisan is noticeable (150>280%), the increase from Artisan to Master isn't (280>310%). Artisan and Master are both just ways to spend gold, but with Artisan you'll feel like you actually received something.

Indeed. I only have Master on gathering toons that are flush with gold - and even then, not on all of them. The speed difference between 280% and 310% isn't noticeable enough to warrant the cost.
02/23/2013 05:03 AMPosted by Venquix

No, it's not.

You are the best, Nobully! You replied very fast and I appreciate the good news. Also I will never use WoW wiki again. Thanks for the info. (+rep)

P.S. - Your name is great. Fits your toon perfectly.
Yeah i think the wow-wiki is out of date , it was like that back in tbc , you needed a fast 310% mount to fly in 310%. But no longer which is awesome!
Wowwiki is more or less dead, although there still seems to be a handful who update it. Go Wowpedia for everything (although these days I'm finding Wowhead guides to be even better).