Death Siphon and Conversion 5.2

Death Knight
Conversion will be OP. Especially for a tank.

15K heal per second...

And you will be able to keep it up for 3/4 of the fight. The whole fight probably, if you don't use Rune Strike.

Death Siphon will be OP, at the low levels.... it already is...
03/01/2013 12:23 AMPosted by Âzzarth

I was trying to get a Comparison.

Hardmode is diff then LFR/guild 10s & DunG runs. Will it be good on Dung runs or LFR/norm guild runs? pfft.. lol.
Will it be a worthy choice on Hardmode runs? More then likely not. As stated by many & I agree.

03/01/2013 12:23 AMPosted by Âzzarth
And you will be able to keep it up for 3/4 of the fight. The whole fight probably, if you don't use Rune Strike.

Leaving out Rune strike in your rotation is bad ://
03/01/2013 01:27 AMPosted by Nobul

I was trying to get a Comparison.

Hardmode is diff then LFR/guild 10s & DunG runs. Will it be good on Dung runs or LFR/norm guild runs? pfft.. lol.
Will it be a worthy choice on Hardmode runs? More then likely not. As stated by many & I agree.

Leaving out Rune strike in your rotation is bad ://

Eh. I was talking about being FC. 15K HPS isn't that bad.... don't forget about the Runic Return as well.
03/01/2013 02:16 AMPosted by Âzzarth
Eh. I was talking about being FC. 15K HPS isn't that bad.... don't forget about the Runic Return as well.

Conversion only takes the RP that is generated by your rune expenditure, so the RP from that and AMS, and whatever else, doesn't count. And the RP from the new Blood tier likely won't either. At least that's what the tooltip says, maybe it's not actually working 100% as intended.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess Conversion will still use that RP generated from AMS/whatever, it's just that it isn't possible to build RP that way again while it's toggled on.
If blizzard could find a way to work conversion to not drain resources? it would still be sub-par to Death Pact but not by as much.

HAHA no.
They would call it second wind, and make it automatic as well.
From a PvP prospective I think that death siphon is still utterly useless, exchanging a death rune for poor healing and pathetic damage is nothing. So that crosses that off the list. However, Conversion is very interesting considering its low cost of RP and it is similar to a second wind. I do think that in RBG's and high end arenas death pact is still going to be a better choice as it allows a counter to some burst (like it matters with those blanket silences). Although conversion does give DK's the option to start using it before getting hit very hard which I think is a step in the right direction. If IBF were on a shorter cooldown with a similar duration (I am glyphed just so I can survive some burst and break a stun and kite away) then in my opinion conversion would come out on top. Either way I think that the changes are actually giving DK's some flexibility in that tier even though there is only one more viable option than before.
I see people citing conversion being good for blood but it will never be used as blood. Slow consistent damage NEVER kills tanks, something is wrong if that's the case.

The main reason that conversion won't be used is because of what it does when it's on and the shear nature of the ability. First off it disables anything other than base RP gain, which means all of the scent of blood RP that we are getting won't be active. Blood has a lot of RP if you do it correctly but it's mostly a function of AMS soaking and scent of blood procs, remove SoB from the equation and you will suddenly find yourself starved for RP.

It's just a negative loop for having it on for such a minor effect. Less RP is less rune strikes and less rune strikes ends up being less death strikes, all of these help contribute to less DPS as well.

Death siphon on the other hand might see more use. It already sees use on select encounters where we can afford to forgo death strike (Death siphon at easily obtainable AP values is more damage per rune than death strike) and on encounters with massive percent damage taken on bosses. The 50% boost to the ability is icing on the cake, expect blood to take it on a few encounters where bosses like windlord exist in 5.2

Death pact is on demand, easy to use and is a massive healing CD. It will still be our go to talent, but death siphon will look a bit more attractive.

You are completely wrong, if you enchant/gem Stamina then conversion pays off massively. Conversion gives the healing over Death Pact every 16.5 seconds, with no massive CD. It's vastly more useful in live already, it will make Blood godlike in the next season.
03/02/2013 05:49 AMPosted by Yittertalure
Conversion gives the healing over Death Pact every 16.5 seconds, with no massive CD

I dunno, I agree w/ the guy you quoted.

My tank has never been killed by anything that 15k HPS would have even made the slightest difference in. I'm not even going to go into the problem w/ screwing yourself out of Rune Strikes (aka Rune regen). If you tank as Blood, you'll understand how important it is to have a Death Strike ready to go when damage comes in.

Death Pact, on the other hand, is a reliable 320k~ heal whenever I need it, and has been a lifesaver more times than one.

Conversion is pretty much NEVER going to make a difference unless all of my healers either die or fall asleep, and even then I'd rather have Death Strike heals/shield + Death Pact's burst.
For DK Tanking death pact is the obvious choice because in blood you take less dps and it gives high survivability among other reasons. So, a 2 minuet cool down for half your HP isn’t bad. But for me in unholy I take a lot of dps in BGs. I need a heal more often than every 2 minutes. Death syphon gives a pretty decent sized heal. I can give up the occasional death rune for a Death syphon. More often than not, I can get over four death runes in battle and that’s almost twice the healing in one battle.