Horde RP confuses me.

Moon Guard
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
I think the way Lor'themar handles Garrosh is pretty much the best way to do it. Baine was too open with his distaste and Garrosh was like, pec flexing at him and striking poses as a result.

Lor'themar was just like, "Yep. You're the warchief. This is the Horde. We are in the Horde. You are not the Horde. GTG."
But are they speaking out against Garrosh and secretly hoping to be prosecuted or killed for their beliefs, thus making them Martyr's?

Are they taking OOC knowledge and incorporating it into their IC conversations, thus engaging in Godmode?

Do they just not grasp the IC consequences that WOULD happen if the NPC's could act against public chatter?

Do they just not care?

Are they even RP'ers?

Or are they and they just don't realize where the boundries are?

Is it a weird world we live in where according to a Scenario I've been kicked out of Dalaran yet I can port directly there and mosey around the city like nothing has ever happened?

Not ALL Horde do it and even if it seems like every other person, AKA ~50%, do it, it's not fair to those of us that don't to be painted by your broad brush.

So instead of saying Horde RP confuses me, might reconsider Open Garrosh Hate RP confuses me.

But yes, the difference between IRL and RP is that IRL you can't say ((My character won't be punished for this))

I don't think that needs too much explaining. Nothing wrong or uncommon about knowingly disregarding lore.

Well, I guess you can say "don't taze me, bro" but...

"Don't tase me, mon" is legitimized for quest text and cooler to say.
The KKL tried to enforce the rule thing, because lets face it...Openly insulting and threatening the Warchief in the middle of orgrimmar is a death sentence. However, the amount of people that would god mode out of it, or otherwise think/find themselves without consequence for their actions, I decided simply best to ignore that, and have the Kor'kron guard handle it. AKA nothing sadly.
It is incredibly stupid to openly proclaim your hatred for Garrosh as that normally results in you being labeled as a traitor. In doing so you flagrantly ignore the consequences for your character and instead toot your own horn that 'its my rp I can do whatever I want.'

I have some RP on the side with one or two people in the Sunguard where Arandur is quietly supplying finances, stolen weapons, and intel to those who would use it against Garrosh (Trolls, because if trolls die he doesn't care and they are already on the Garrosh !@#$ list) because he is a huge menace to the Blood Elves and their survival in general. He is incredibly paranoid about it coming back to him and his family so he uses letters sent by postage to Steamwheelde Cartel goblins to be delivered by them to others.

"In the Game of Thrones you either win or lose" - some dumb %^-*! who hopefully gets killed by a dwarf.
02/22/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Shrilinda
But are they speaking out against Garrosh and secretly hoping to be prosecuted or killed for their beliefs, thus making them Martyr's?

I don't think they're seeking to be persecuted, no. It is quite obvious they are doing it for the sake of seeming cool.

Are they taking OOC knowledge and incorporating it into their IC conversations, thus engaging in Godmode?

That is metagaming, not godmoding.

Do they just not grasp the IC consequences that WOULD happen if the NPC's could act against public chatter?

Apparently.

Do they just not care?

Are they even RP'ers?

If they are RPing, it is safe to say they are RPers, Shrilinda.

Or are they and they just don't realize where the boundries are?

Is it a weird world we live in where according to a Scenario I've been kicked out of Dalaran yet I can port directly there and mosey around the city like nothing has ever happened?

No. Because the story progresses beyond certain points. It is quite obvious that you are not permitted into Dalaran if you are Horde, IC. Ignorance isn't an excuse for more than being informed. If you continue to do it, then you're just ignoring lore. Something others are accused of incorrectly.

Not ALL Horde do it and even if it seems like every other person, AKA ~50%, do it, it's not fair to those of us that don't to be painted by your broad brush.

I don't even know what this sentence means.

So instead of saying Horde RP confuses me, might reconsider Open Garrosh Hate RP confuses me.

Why? Garrosh Hate makes sense for the Alliance. This is entirely Horde-centric and deals with actions pertaining to Horde. I know it isn't as mind-boggling as why "Left" and "Right" are not on your "Left" and "Right", but it's pretty safe to say that it's something that can be discussed.

If you dislike it, then don't reply?

02/22/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Aellanor
I don't think that needs too much explaining. Nothing wrong or uncommon about knowingly disregarding lore.

Of course there is.

02/22/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Skullcrusha
The KKL tried to enforce the rule thing, because lets face it...Openly insulting and threatening the Warchief in the middle of orgrimmar is a death sentence. However, the amount of people that would god mode out of it, or otherwise think/find themselves without consequence for their actions, I decided simply best to ignore that, and have the Kor'kron guard handle it. AKA nothing sadly.

I understand your stance. There are times when people begin their "LIGHT IS EVIL, VARIAN SUCKS" thing where you just have to shrug and accept they will do nothing but mode out of consequence. Oh well.

It would be cool if people DID at least allow themselves to be injured as a result and thus justify their hatred for orcs/Garrosh.

It is incredibly stupid to openly proclaim your hatred for Garrosh as that normally results in you being labeled as a traitor. In doing so you flagrantly ignore the consequences for your character and instead toot your own horn that 'its my rp I can do whatever I want.'

I have some RP on the side with one or two people in the Sunguard where Arandur is quietly supplying finances, stolen weapons, and intel to those who would use it against Garrosh (Trolls, because if trolls die he doesn't care and they are already on the Garrosh !@#$ list) because he is a huge menace to the Blood Elves and their survival in general. He is incredibly paranoid about it coming back to him and his family so he uses letters sent by postage to Steamwheelde Cartel goblins to be delivered by them to others.

"In the Game of Thrones you either win or lose" - some dumb %^-*! who hopefully gets killed by a dwarf.

I laughed for far too long at the final sentence. Anyway, yeah the whole DISLIKING Garrosh thing makes sense. Hating him, wanting him dead - cool. He is pretty much the savior to orc masculinity and the bane of everyone that has to watch him bench press Azeroth. That said, the whole fear of being caught just adds such a rich level to roleplay that it makes me jealous because the Alliance has no real counterpart.

It sucks being the good guys sometimes.
02/22/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Vespasia
It would be cool if people DID at least allow themselves to be injured as a result and thus justify their hatred for orcs/Garrosh.

I know the Kor'kron have placed their metal plated butts on the Echo Isles, and we've had wonderful RP spring up from time to time based on conflicts between the residents and their new guests.
Now they need to take it a step further and outlaw Zandali...

... so I can spy on your RP and see more than "tazdingo, mon mon."
Frankly speaking, if I encountered this on a horde toon, I would probably draw a blank on how to react. Perhaps I'd stop standing around with them, just to be cautious.

But past that point, I'm not sure what's so confusing about people RPing their character (or the responses of NPCs, lore-abiding or not) however they want to.
That said, the whole fear of being caught just adds such a rich level to roleplay that it makes me jealous because the Alliance has no real counterpart.

It sucks being the good guys sometimes.

Oh, and this. Absolutely this.
He is pretty much the savior to orc masculinity and the bane of everyone that has to watch him bench press Azeroth.
This sentence makes me all kinds of happy.
Now they need to take it a step further and outlaw Zandali...

... so I can spy on your RP and see more than "tazdingo, mon mon."

Then we shall develop an intricate system of communication that requires us to knock our tusks together in a specific pattern to convey a message.

What I would like to see is an Orc loyalist who goes around pretending he hates the Warchief, bringing it up in conversation all the time, and the moment someone goes "Yeah, I agree with you," he goes "STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM."
Makes about as much sense to me as the Alliance drama that happens every now and then in Stormwind, such as Defias role-players trying to start riots - though the last time I saw that was in Wrath - and the warlocks or death knights who openly go lolevil throughout the city using the game mechanics of "guards won't do nothin'" as a reason. People are just strange.

Personally, even if my characters have something against a political figure, they're not dumb enough to go spoutin' off at the mouth such things as "down with so-and-so" or "fuk da police". That's just ignorant. The only time it might be fine to spout such things that I could think of would probably be in a not-so-respectable tavern at night when everyone is liquored up. That goes for Horde and Alliance in my book, at least.
Frankly speaking, if I encountered this on a horde toon, I would probably draw a blank on how to react. Perhaps I'd stop standing around with them, just to be cautious.

But past that point, I'm not sure what's so confusing about people RPing their character (or the responses of NPCs, lore-abiding or not) however they want to.

It confuses me as to why they squander an amazing opportunity.

And it's actually easy to respond to it. First, you step away from that person to indicate you're not together and then you loudly state that it's bad to insult Garrosh.

Then we shall develop an intricate system of communication that requires us to knock our tusks together in a specific pattern to convey a message.

What I would like to see is an Orc loyalist who goes around pretending he hates the Warchief, bringing it up in conversation all the time, and the moment someone goes "Yeah, I agree with you," he goes "STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM."

I don't know if orcs, with their phrenological inferiority and low cunning, are capable of such a dastardly ploy.
02/22/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Vespasia
phrenological inferiority

beautiful
"u cald sylvanis a !@#$% ima cut u warchef"

"ogm u r actin lik orc u hav 2 go"

These were around since the start of the expansion.

We just have "HE KILLED VOL'JIN" And "HE'S USING THE SHA OMG" to add to it now.

And people are stupid enough to scream those four, or something along those lines, in Orgrimmar and not expect someone to outright kill them.

It's like saying "ZUL'JIN'S PRETTY COOL, RIGHT GUYS?" in Silvermoon, or "Magatha was right!" in Thunderbluff, or "SCARLET CRUSADE FOR LIFE!" in the Undercity.
He is pretty much the savior to orc masculinity and the bane of everyone that has to watch him bench press Azeroth.

YES. struggling with Orazio's motivation up until this point. Now I know--the fight between the Horde and Alliance is actually battle between two lifters. Baron von Battlemage versus Orgrimmar GTL. Clash of the titans. Muscles that can move mountains.

But seriously, I'm always tempted to RP my Orc Shaman when I see the current storyline. This is an interesting time to be a part of the Horde, but so many players are squandering the atmosphere with impotent little protests that ignore the consequences.

It confuses me as to why they squander an amazing opportunity.

And it's actually easy to respond to it. First, you step away from that person to indicate you're not together and then you loudly state that it's bad to insult Garrosh.

I don't know if orcs, with their phrenological inferiority and low cunning, are capable of such a dastardly ploy.

But for the other racial RPers it makes amazing opportunity for covert snerking.

...looking at you, belves.
02/22/2013 01:16 PMPosted by Lito
phrenological inferiority

beautiful

Oppressor.

Say hello to tumblr. :)

YES. struggling with Orazio's motivation up until this point. Now I know--the fight between the Horde and Alliance is actually battle between two lifters. Baron von Battlemage versus Orgrimmar GTL. Clash of the titans. Muscles that can move mountains.

This sounds like one of Velenor's movies...

02/22/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Orazio
But seriously, I'm always tempted to RP my Orc Shaman when I see the current storyline. This is an interesting time to be a part of the Horde, but so many players are squandering the atmosphere with impotent little protests that ignore the consequences.

When my shaman was Horde, she was totally 100% pro-Garrosh on some "Warsong Offensive 4 Lyfe" VB type business.

Granted, not every orc should be a die hard and I could see a lot of them being wary of returning to the past, but from what it looks like Garrosh is pretty popular with his people.

02/22/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Karob
It's like saying "ZUL'JIN'S PRETTY COOL, RIGHT GUYS?" in Silvermoon, or "Magatha was right!" in Thunderbluff, or "SCARLET CRUSADE FOR LIFE!" in the Undercity.

If you have enough swag you can pull it off.
Few do.
If you have enough swag you can pull it off.
Few do.
The Horde is a swagless mass of lunch money.