Frost DK PVP Guide (5.1)

Death Knight
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
02/28/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Venoma
Comprehension? I pointed out that those are not high end achievements but the most basic of basic pvp achieves. If you cannot get those you have no place writing a guide. Period.

No one had ever said it was high end.

02/28/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Amber
You don't need high end achievements to understand your class.

Is what was said.

02/28/2013 04:04 PMPosted by Venoma
Also, if you must bring out the e-peen measuring stick: that 3's achieve is as Prot. I was also ~2k in 2's as Prot. 2.2k as Enhance. 2.2k as Feral.

Achievement's are account wide, so.

And I play a 2800 glad shadow priest. Anyone can say they play in big @**@*@!! ego brackets, but it means nothing.
Thanks for the extensive guide, great starting point for me personally :D

Good work!
I really hate being that guy - but I checked your achieves:

- No 1550 arena achieve
- No 1100 RBG achieve

I'm sorry but this takes all credibility away from your guide.

If you took the time to read my guide, rather than going to my profile and creeping my PVP achievements, you would have read this paragraph:
First off, I'd like to say that this is my first season PVPing. I have not earned a high arena rating; I have not earned a high RBG rating. I simply do my 2s every week to cap, I help my friends cap, and I like doing random BGs and beating up on under geared alliance toons :) (Sorry to the alliance guys and gals out there) So anyways, I'm not some uber skilled player with all the ins and outs of Frost DK PVP. This is supposed to be a beginner guide for people who don't really know where to start.

Thank you for your constructive comments though and thank you for your stellar expertise based guide that you posted to help our community... oh wait... :/

02/28/2013 03:49 PMPosted by Arçhangel
Maybe i missed it but i assume by the stat/reforge all this info is for 2h frost and not dw?

Yes sorry I was basing on the assumption that everyone was 2H this season. I will re-write that section of the guide and add a DW stat priority. Thank you for pointing this out.

Guys this thread was not supposed to be about our egos and achievements. This is supposed to be a basic beginners guide to help people get started in their PVP as a Frost DK. I realize that my achievements are not great but let's be honest, saying you have 2200 RBG rating means nothing either with all the win-trading going on, anyone can buy a rating... If I have lost my credibility in this post please correct my mistakes and I will update the guide, give you credit for your contributions and we can keep this a living updated guide to help all DK's in the future.

Thank you.
f you took the time to read my guide, rather than going to my profile and creeping my PVP achievements, you would have read this paragraph:
First off, I'd like to say that this is my first season PVPing. I have not earned a high arena rating; I have not earned a high RBG rating. I simply do my 2s every week to cap, I help my friends cap, and I like doing random BGs and beating up on under geared alliance toons :) (Sorry to the alliance guys and gals out there) So anyways, I'm not some uber skilled player with all the ins and outs of Frost DK PVP. This is supposed to be a beginner guide for people who don't really know where to start.

Ok fair call there mate, but that statement is buried #7 posts deep into your guide. I definitely tried to skim & see what sort of guide it is but you can't expect people to read #7 pages of text to find out whether a guide applies to them or not.

In the future, I would recommend putting something like that at the start of your guide so that these sorts of misunderstandings are avoided.
Make Unholy DK PvP guide
Keep it running for months
Never gets stickied

Someone makes Frost PvP guide
Stickied in 4 hours

I know that feel ...
02/28/2013 06:39 PMPosted by Venoma
In the future, I would recommend putting something like that at the start of your guide so that these sorts of misunderstandings are avoided.

It was titled a beginner's guide for a reason. I'm not sure what more I'm supposed to say. It got stickied so I guess other people found me more credible than you did.

It was titled a beginner's guide for a reason. I'm not sure what more I'm supposed to say. It got stickied so I guess other people found me more credible than you did.

It is not titled as a beginner's guide.

Edit: I see you took my advice and put that statement at the start.
Nice !@#$, we needed one of these.
Though, I have to disagree with you on DA being the weakest talent, sure it's not as good as Chillblains in certain situations, but it has its uses.

Poor wording on my part. What I mean is I believe it's not as benefcial as a general rule compared to the other two. It is more of a situational ability than a general build. I will change the wording so I don't mistakenly deter people from using it.

Thank you.
It is not titled as a beginner's guide.

Edit: I see you took my advice and put that statement at the start.

Dude what's your beef with me? The top of the guide clearly reads:

***************** Hadès Beginner Frost DK PVP Guide *****************

And always has...
Dude what's your beef with me? The top of the guide clearly reads:

***************** Hadès Beginner Frost DK PVP Guide *****************

And always has...

Mate, I have no beef with you. You are, however, starting to piss me off.

A title is the name of the thread. Everything below it is the description. Yes, I missed the 'beginner' in what I would call your description.

Your title does NOT have "beginner" in it.

Oh by the way, I also like how in that newly added statement you say
02/28/2013 12:42 PMPosted by Hadès
I am not a 2200 Arena Achiever, I am not a 2200 RBG achiever.

and not "I am not a 1500 Arena achiever, I am not a 1100 RBG achiever."

Suggestion: how about renaming your whole post: "A DK guide for nubcakes by nubcakes" ?
Alright here we go. The title of this forum post does not say beginner true.

HOWEVER

The title of my GUIDE, does say beginner. You started commenting on my guide without even reading it. You said you "missed" the part where I mentioned I am not a PVP achiever. You also "missed" the freakin title of the Guide. Did you read anything? Or did you just hop on over to the DK forums to cause issues??? You are raggin on my guide saying "A DK guide for nubcakes by nubcakes" care to point out errors in my guide? Constructive ones to make it better? Or are you just going to keep flaming on other class forums?

You are posting like you are the authority on PVP and your PVP gear is laughable at best. 455 equipped?

I'd pair my 485 DK against you any day of the week... We'll see what achievements matter then...

Just beause I reset my 2s team each week doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing. I've earned enough conquest points to gear myself out thusfar, so something is obviously working. Let's keep this thread constructive, you can feel free to stop reading it if it offends you so much.
Ok so let me break this down:

1. I point out that perhaps you should make it more clear what sort of guide it is with a statement at the start & not #7 pages in - and it takes you two posts to admit you're wrong and you proceed to add that statement.

2. I point out that your title doesn't have "beginner" in it - it takes you three posts to admit you're wrong.

02/28/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Hadès
You are posting like you are the authority on PVP and your PVP gear is laughable at best. 455 equipped?

3. I think it's pretty clear to anyone and their dog that I did not participate in the 5.1 season.

02/28/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Hadès
I'd pair my 485 DK against you any day of the week... We'll see what achievements matter then...

4. This statement more than any other shows your understanding, or lack thereof, of WoW PVP. It always has, is and always will be about gear. Hell, the Devs know it's all about gear and are implementing things in 5.2 & 5.3 to try and smooth that out.

But yeah, your full PVP geared and upgraded toon could totally kick my !@#. Maybe instead of that statement about lack of achieves you could just say "I haz epics - hence, I is good" ?

5. As for being constructive - I really don't have time to spend hours reading & dissecting a guide that has been written by a complete beginner (and I use that word with no negative connotations). This is the reason why I checked your achievements first - I like to know who wrote something before I read it.
02/28/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Pachyderm
Why don't you two argue about something more productive.

Because unfortunately for the OP he caught me in one of my more "stickler" moods.
Ok well thank you to everyone else who enjoyed the guide. I am exhausted and will be back tomorrow if anyone has something constructive they would like added to, removed from or ammended in the guide.

And Venoma, I give up, you win. You are the l33t player. You are better than me and understand more about this game and PVP than I ever will. I look forward to reading your guide so that I may better myself and hopefully one day pass it on to others.

Cheers all and good night.
Make Unholy DK PvP guide
Keep it running for months
Never gets stickied

Someone makes Frost PvP guide
Stickied in 4 hours

Really? Cuz I haven't seen it, I would love to read that guide.
Tell you what, what till 5.2 hits, update accordingly, then bump it. With unholy's improved status in 5.2, im sure you'll get that sticky.
Regarding the guide, I really liked it an thought it was a good read. I do have a couple criticisms though. First is the timing of the thing. This guide will be out of date in a week, and I really hope you intend to update it for 5.2.

Secondly, you seem to downplay or flat out not mention some features of the class. One example is Glyph of Icy Touch. This glyph is absolutely amazing, and a must have for frost DK's, since we don't have much in the way of utility, yet you word it as if it's more of a 'might as well' glyph. The other example is you completely fail to bring up Howling Blast as a factor in our talent choices. For one thing, it can spread Frost Fever to a bunch of targets from a distance, severely devaluing the effectiveness of Roiling Blood. This also means that, if we spec Chillblains, we can snare an entire team in one fowl swoop.

Overall, the guide is good, but some areas could use a bit more detail and emphasis. I sincerely hope you update this thing on a regular basis. Good work :)
02/28/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Karaahl
Regarding the guide, I really liked it an thought it was a good read. I do have a couple criticisms though. First is the timing of the thing. This guide will be out of date in a week, and I really hope you intend to update it for 5.2.

I realize it's a bit late but you can bet I'll update it as soon as I can for 5.2. Unfortunately I haven't had time to play around on PTR so expect an update a week or so after launch.

Secondly, you seem to downplay or flat out not mention some features of the class. One example is Glyph of Icy Touch. This glyph is absolutely amazing, and a must have for frost DK's, since we don't have much in the way of utility, yet you word it as if it's more of a 'might as well' glyph.

It was never my intention to portray Glyph of Icy Touch like this. I use it all the time since it's our only dispell. I'll update the wording regarding that.

The other example is you completely fail to bring up Howling Blast as a factor in our talent choices. For one thing, it can spread Frost Fever to a bunch of targets from a distance, severely devaluing the effectiveness of Roiling Blood. This also means that, if we spec Chillblains, we can snare an entire team in one fowl swoop.

I will revise the tallent section under Chilblains as well and make mention of the AOE capabilities of Howling Blast in the Rotation section.

This is great guys, keep the comments coming - it will only make the guide better. =)
02/28/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Venoma
Why don't you two argue about something more productive.

Because unfortunately for the OP he caught me in one of my more "stickler" moods.

Every single one of your posts should be marked as trolling. People like you are so annoying.

Kudos to the elaborate guide OP.