Questions about 5.2 changes for Disc

Priest
Hi, I am a little confused on a couple of changes:

Rapture now reduces the cost of Power Word: Shield by 25% and provides mana equal to 150% (was 200%) of the Priest's Spirit, but no longer benefits from Spirit provided by short-duration bonuses.

a) I thought initially Rapture was going to become 250% return (up from 200%) but remove the returns from spirit bonuses. So, now it is back down to 150%? What has changed here? Has it been decided our mana return has become too great that we needed a nerf? Or does the 25% reduced shield cost factor into this in a big way?

b) When it says "Rapture reduces the cost of Power Word: Shield by 25%"... does this mean 25% less for the NEXT shield, or for all future shields in the next n seconds, or for the next shield cast within 3 seconds, or...?

Mastery: Shield Discipline now also increases all healing done by a lesser amount, but the bonus provided by Mastery has been reduced by 36%

c) This really confuses me. So what is the net effect here? Sorry if this is obvious but, I have no idea what this results in. This might as well read to me as: "Mastery increase healing by a little, and decrease your shields by a lot.". Can anyone help me out here please?

Divine Aegis now causes critical heals to apply an absorb shield on the target for 100% of the amount healed instead of healing for twice as much. In addition, it grants Power Word: Shield a chance equal to the Priest's critical chance for the shield to absorb twice as much damage.

d) DA on crit used to give +100% heal, +30% absorb = +130% effective healing. Now it is a straight +100% absorb. I am sure this is balanced out somewhere, but does anyone how this is compensated?

NOT ACTUALLY IN THE PATCH NOTES, BUT I HAVE HEARD THIS MENTIONED: "Spirit shell will reduce the cost of casting Flash Heals by 50% for the duration of the SS

e) is this true?

OK, thanks in advance!!
Rev.
a) I thought initially Rapture was going to become 250% return (up from 200%) but remove the returns from spirit bonuses.

It was. then it was 100%. Now it's 150% and likely to stay there. The change is to balance the cost reduction.

b) When it says "Rapture reduces the cost of Power Word: Shield by 25%"... does this mean 25% less for the NEXT shield, or for all future shields in the next n seconds, or for the next shield cast within 3 seconds, or...?

Rapture as the passive reduces cost of Power Word: Shield by 25%. Effectively it means Shield costs 25% less for Discipline only.

02/28/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Reviver
c) This really confuses me. So what is the net effect here?

The new mastery scaling is 1.6% absorb per point, down from 2.5% per point. The new Healing bonus is 0.8% per point. The net effect on Divine Aegis bubbles is zero. They will be slightly bigger, since they benefit (double dipping) from the healing mastery too. Power Word Shield gets less benefit, but can Crit now.

However, your green number heals will be bigger by about 12-14% raid buffed with a health amount of mastery.

02/28/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Reviver
d) DA on crit used to give +100% heal, +30% absorb = +130% effective healing. Now it is a straight +100% absorb. I am sure this is balanced out somewhere, but does anyone how this is compensated?

DA currently is 50%, not 30%. A crit currently gives you 2x Heal + 1xHeal*(1+.5*(1+M)) as absorb, for about 360%-375% of a non-crit heal, depending on mastery value.

It will become 100% * absorb mastery but replace the extra 1x Heal on crit. Effectively, the bubble size is the same, but you lose 42% (ish, depends on mastery) of the green number (was 2 times modifier, now is 1+HealMastery)
The idea behind the PW:S/Rapture change was to control how it scales as item levels increase and you get more and more spirit. They want it to be a cheap shield every ~12 seconds, not hugely mana-positive in 5.2 and beyond. The lower cost also means it won't kill you to use PW:S more often.
Thank you kindly for the details!