OMG the new disc is so much fun

Priest
I just got done doing a few BGs as disc. I am mainly a holy priest so that is been most of what I have tested but I have to say. Disc is a blast,I know some are saying it doesn't look good on paper but in battle grounds you can stop damage to a player dead in it's tracks with the new divine aegis. I rolled a all crit setup to further test it and I think that is what i will stick with on live. Even with someone getting focused hard between me stopping damage in it's tracks and another healer to top them off it was insane. So awesome, I like disc on 5.2 better than on live for pvp.
Crit is the most undesirable stats right now for Disc priests. Secondly you really can´t say "you can stop damage to a player dead in it's tracks WITH the new divine aegis" because it is a RNG factor.

I´m a Disc Priest since TBC. So, as I know a lot about DPriests, looking you say such things makes me think about how much truth is in your words.

But ok if you are having fun.
Crit is okay, overall it's little difference lol. Personal opinion however.
Sure there is RNG but with a shield then penance plus a few flash heals I had at least a couple crits in there and that was saving the day. Looking at the health bar with you crit was impressive. It literally feels like stopping damage in it's tracks.
Pretty sure other healers chaining heals together in a situation like that actually see the health bar move in the positive direction.
03/01/2013 04:41 AMPosted by Mahadev
Crit is the most undesirable stats right now for Disc priests.

OP is specifically talking about the PTR. In this context your "right now" is ambiguous. If you aren't talking about the PTR your opinion on crit is meaningless.

Secondly you really can´t say "you can stop damage to a player dead in it's tracks WITH the new divine aegis" because it is a RNG factor.

Just because something is based on RNG doesn't mean it's worthless or makes no impact on game play. Having undispellable absorbs seems pretty strong to me.

03/01/2013 04:41 AMPosted by Mahadev
I´m a Disc Priest since TBC. So, as I know a lot about DPriests, looking you say such things makes me think about how much truth is in your words.

So because you've been playing Disc since forever other people's experience doesn't matter? Sure, Mr. A lot of people that have played on the PTR are saying good things about Disc in PvP. I don't understand this "disc sucks in 5.2" attitude a lot of people have.
I know things are apples and oranges between level 80 and 90 but my crit very high and hits over 99% with procs.

Slow and steady Prayer of Healing spam. No one dies or even takes damage.

So because you've been playing Disc since forever other people's experience doesn't matter? Sure, Mr. A lot of people that have played on the PTR are saying good things about Disc in PvP. I don't understand this "disc sucks in 5.2" attitude a lot of people have.

Read this -> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087069033 and maybe ...I said..."maybe" you will understand.
I'm gonna agree with a previous post I read calling Mahadev a negative Nancy on the Priest forums.

Why is it that whenever anybody says they are having fun with Disc you have to interject about how they are wrong and Disc is broken?
Crit is fine, and fun.

Your cookie cutter specs and playstyles are stagnant and boring.
I might have to bust out some vanguards cleave and faceroll some kids in 5.2