-25% Execute nerf.

Warrior
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
02/22/2013 11:39 AMPosted by Samayael
Second: Execute -25% damage, a lot of people suggested this all throughout beta because its not fun to hit weaker than everyone else till the end of the fight.

There are no buffs to offset that during 100-20% though, which was another part of the suggestion there. This is just a flat nerf.

This is exactly the point. Several of us have been saying execute needs to be toned down, with the addition that the damage needs to be redistributed to our base skills.

And with Blizz thoughts on changing Reck it would make sense as an additional boost to our sustained damage. Along with removing CS so we're not tied to micro-burst windows.

As far as our scaling, arms was brought down fairly even with, possibly below, most other classes. But fury still scales strongly because of how well crit and mastery work together and enrages providing more rage to us.
02/22/2013 12:07 PMPosted by Liamaru
So, nothing to offset this nerf for Fury PvE? No bufffs to BT or RB?

-25% to execute damage
+10% increase to BT
+5% damage increase to RB

I think that would be reasonable, WS doesnt need to be buffed because its going to be free via BS procs. Bt needs to hit harder because right now auto hits are stronger then it. And Rb getting a slight buff would just be awesome lol.

Also can i get the link to the nerf?

Edit: Nvm there it is
So, if they're changing Reck from a 5 min CD to a 3 min CD, what is happening to the 4 piece set bonus? The set bonus currently reduces the CD on Reck by 2.5 minutes. Reck for me is only a 2.5 min CD and lines up well with Avatar and Skull Banner. Any word on that?
02/22/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Drogas
So, if they're changing Reck from a 5 min CD to a 3 min CD, what is happening to the 4 piece set bonus? The set bonus currently reduces the CD on Reck by 2.5 minutes. Reck for me is only a 2.5 min CD and lines up well with Avatar and Skull Banner. Any word on that?

They just mentioned that they are going to change the bonus, not how yet.
02/22/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Drogas

They are changing the 4 pc and the reck glyph in consideration to the upcoming reck change
Heres my question, will execute even be worth the rage now? As of now my raging blows hit for 50-60k main hand and 40-50k offhand and my execute's base dmg is ~110k w/o buffs. So doing the math execute will be at the START of 5.2 arround 75k dmg.... correct me if im wrong on the math there but it seems like just not using execute during execute phase will be better than spaming it like it has always been?
02/22/2013 04:40 PMPosted by ßulldozer
Heres my question, will execute even be worth the rage now? As of now my raging blows hit for 50-60k main hand and 40-50k offhand and my execute's base dmg is ~110k w/o buffs. So doing the math execute will be at the START of 5.2 arround 75k dmg.... correct me if im wrong on the math there but it seems like just not using execute during execute phase will be better than spaming it like it has always been?

I don't think it'll quite work out like. Keep in mind that RB isn't going to be available all of the time, you have to get enraged to even use it. What feels like it might happen is that we'll still use Execute to burn off most of our rage, but we'll just use RB procs whenever they come up. Execute, depending on how its DPR is, will probably just be a relatively hard-hitting rage dump. Think of Execute in 5.2 as a much more impressive Slam.

Of course, I haven't done any of the math (or seen any for that matter) so this is all just speculation based on experience. We'll just have to see how it plays out once the big-time theorycrafters get around to mathing all of this out for the rest of us.
Will TG be more viable now that execute dmg is down?
TG's BEEN viable, this will just even the difference between it and SMF slightly.
Does anyone know whether execute is 300% or 325% AP on live atm?
It's 300% AP right now.
02/22/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Samayael
It's 300% AP right now.

So, in theory, the nerf makes it 225% AP, right? 300*.75=225.
Around that, yes. It's a rather large and, well, stupid nerf.
might be reasonable for pvp that I understand...when comes to pve I say that is dumb ><.
I honestly don't know what the dev team are thinking currently, given they're forcing us back to TG with this change by the looks of it >_>.
These nerfs are why I started leveling other classes. I love playing my warrior but enough is enough Blizzard. Warrior damage needs to be high because we are melee the second line of defense behind the tank. I have to go chasing after the boss or people so I will have certain times where I am running and not doing DPS. Range Dps can stand there and fire away with no interruption if something drops on the ground as range you can move right or left.

You go and buff Frost Dk damage and what they need is surviability. Frost Dks are the melee Glass Cannon of Wow.

Been playing this game around 5 years now and I never have seen bllizzard totally change class mechanics in the Middle of an xpac. I thought about playing some arms in pvp but decide to play as fury since Arms whole playstyle will change in 5.2 I might as well learn it then.

Why don't you change the way mages and warlocks class mechanics work. Maybe that wiould freak too many people out. Please let ESO be good.

Blizzard's new Raid model for 10 mans 1-2 tanks 6-7 range dps 2-3 healers.

Just venting a little.
I don't care about it from a pve standpoint. If the dps is decent in the end, it's fine.

But I don't know if they are thinking about pvp. It's a really expensive skill and we use it cause we expect score a kill whit it, we don't (and can't) spam it like in an execute phase in pve.
The damage it does it's decent, but not great compared to others. There is no pvp reason to nerf it.

Even just thinking of pve, the big problem whit execute is SMF. Why nerf it so hard for everybody? A 5-10% nerf would be ok for TG an arms.
You can just add a "and reduced execute damage by x%" to SMF tooltip and not screw the other specs.
Do the so called 'buffs' to warriors really offset a 25% reduction in execute damage?

I'd be fine with less execute damage so long as that lost damage is spread out over talents that are used >20% of a boss fight.

They should have done this anyhows, too much warrior damage was tied in to the sub 20% in encounters. Hopefully this i'snt a knee jerk nerf and they test it thoroughly.
02/22/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Malfurios
Along with removing CS so we're not tied to micro-burst windows.

Yeah but that's sort of what makes our rotation have anything going for it. Without CS and Sudden Death, Arms would be quite a bore.
I don't care about it from a pve standpoint. If the dps is decent in the end, it's fine.

But I don't know if they are thinking about pvp. It's a really expensive skill and we use it cause we expect score a kill whit it, we don't (and can't) spam it like in an execute phase in pve.
The damage it does it's decent, but not great compared to others. There is no pvp reason to nerf it.

Even just thinking of pve, the big problem whit execute is SMF. Why nerf it so hard for everybody? A 5-10% nerf would be ok for TG an arms.
You can just add a "and reduced execute damage by x%" to SMF tooltip and not screw the other specs.

A more logical way to do that would instead to reduce the base damage, but add a "Does ?% extra damage if a Two Handed weapon is equipped".