Oops...lost an item I needed

New Player Help and Guides
So I have put to rest 10 out of 10 discontent Stonewall Spirits at Brogg's request (Mudsprocket in Dustwallow Marsh), but I was away from that quest for awhile for a long adventure in Booty Bay (yeah, I know, different continent!). )
Finally found my way back to Brogg, but somehow I no longer have the Totem (not sure if I destroyed it or sold it...it shows in my inventory at the bottom, but darkened) he gave me and apparently I have to return it to complete the quest. There are 5000 experience points to be had here, so if I have to do the quest again, I will, but I thought I would at least check to see if there is some alternative?

Thanks in advance. You guys are great!
Try talking to the NPC. Sometimes he will give you the item again.

If you abandon and retake the quest he'll give you the item.

Your final option would be to send in a ticket, but in that time you can probably do the quest again.
02/23/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Monmonn
If you abandon and retake the quest he'll give you the item.

Of course, this may erase progress too.

Trying to talk to him is usually the best option.

When you say it shows in your inventory, but darkened, do you mean it shows on your action bar that way? If so, is it possible you left it in the bank? I only ask because if so, you may not be able to get another one from the NPC.
It's an issued item for a quest, so deleting/dropping the item would have also prompted you to abandon the quest it's for. Since you still have the quest, you still have the item somewhere. It's in your bank.
Awesome! Back to the bank it is! Thanks!
Quest items can't be vendored, and destroying a quest item will usually result in a pop up window, confirming that you want to delete the item and abandon the quest.
(and vice versa, abandoning the quest will destroy the item)

02/23/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Harlan

If it can't be advanced, any previous progress is pointless.
It's not an "auto-accept" quest, and can be re-obtained by abandoning and talking to Brogg again.
02/23/2013 06:08 PMPosted by Nobully

If it can't be advanced, any previous progress is pointless.

You make a good point of course. I was merely replying to the part I quoted, which in context OP may have believed would have gotten him the item and allowed him to immediately turn in the quest.

I was also unaware that destroying a quest item would give you the quest abandon confirmation. I don't think I've ever tried to destroy a quest item.
It pops up something along the lines of "are you sure you want to destroy x and abandon x quest"

I don't think it notifies for related quest drops, only the items which are given by quest givers to complete the quest.
I was also unaware that destroying a quest item would give you the quest abandon confirmation. I don't think I've ever tried to destroy a quest item.

Yeah, seems to be a delightful new feature, and it does include drops. I've been learning that if I have an extra of some quest drop, I should wait until after turning in the quest to delete it, or I'll have to kill those stupid mobs all over again because the message informs me that the quest will be abandoned, rather than just the item being destroyed, which is what I'm used to seeing, which is why I just click "Yes" out of habit, then practice some swear words. Le sigh.