Lock Tanking "Why's"

Warlock
lol you must think you are something special
i wasn't even talking to you
you are pretty strange for going into everyone's achievements just to see whether or not you can out nerd them to make your epeen bigger
How do you know who mained what character at what time?
I don't know why this glyph gives you such incredible butt hurt but you need to settle down because no one gives a flying Ook what you think unless they already agree with you
Which would make the point in arguing non-existent
The definition of insanity is to repeat the same actions and expect different results
no matter how much you QQ about it no matter how much you try to prove someone invalid because they didn't do something as well as you did in the past (which doesnt make them any-less of a human) you will never change anyone's opinion that they already formed months ago
Get over yourself Varlth, you major tool.
03/01/2013 11:00 AMPosted by Spirît
lol you must think you are something special

Like a snowflake.

you are pretty strange for going into everyone's achievements just to see whether or not you can out nerd

Says the guy who armoried me to check out my LFR gear.

How do you know who mained what character at what time?

Because armory is account wide. Unless you think there's another reason as to why my warlock would be the realm first 90 shaman.

I don't know why this glyph gives you such incredible butt hurt but you need to settle down because no one gives a flying Ook what you think unless they already agree with you

no one gives a flying Ook what you think

Which would make the point in arguing non-existent

It's the class forums and Blizzard doesn't read them so all arguing is pointless. I'm very aware. I'm just argumentative.

The definition of insanity is to repeat the same actions and expect different results

We'll see how long it takes for you to stop trying to tell me to go away.

no matter how much you QQ about it no matter how much you try to prove someone invalid because they didn't do something as well as you did in the past (which doesnt make them any-less of a human) you will never change anyone's opinion that they already formed months ago

So stop trying to change the opinion of everyone at Blizzard on if warlocks should tank?

Get over yourself Varlth, you major tool.

No thanks, I'm way too unique, even for a snowflake.
funny. you look at one characters achievements and assume that is the entire story? I haven't raided "Hard Core" since the second Naxx. Funny you choose the raids around my down times to point out. In vanillaI was on Shattered Hand in guild Fear and Loathing which was right behind guilds Death and Taxes and Drama in progression on a rogue named Zyrith. That was when I had no life and had the time to raid hard core. Now, I am a casual adult raider. I also raided hard core on Everquest, which wouldn't show here.

That all said, how did you even turn this into insulting people based on achievements? Regardless, I got what I needed out of this thread and will now leave you to continue your petty worthless bickering with someone else Varlth.

Thank you to everyone except Varlth for your input.
funny. you look at one characters achievements

What part of account wide achievements don't you understand?

03/01/2013 12:25 PMPosted by Nethril
In vanillaI was on Shattered Hand in guild Fear and Loathing which was right behind guilds Death and Taxes

I bet.
03/01/2013 09:45 AMPosted by Spirît
Just because you don't want it doesn't mean you can speak for everyone who plays our class

Just because YOU WANT it doesn't mean you can speak for everyone who plays our class
03/01/2013 10:44 AMPosted by Varlth
Garalon soaking ftw

I forgot about this, so there you go. DA soaking Garalon is fairly common. It has a purpose in raiding. It's just a very small niche. And nothing more. You don't have to like it.

A Rogue with Elusiveness & Glyph of Feint is the best option for Garalon soaking.

If a raid actually resorts to using a Demo Lock with DA for that fight, it's a wonder they killed Zor'lok & Ta'yak.
i've never actually done it, just saying it's an option...only went demo like last week for this xpac anyway
I've heard people brought it up before. Maybe it's not as common as I thought, but I heard it was being done, or at least discussed. I never read the topic terribly closely so I could have misinterpreted.

That being said affliction warlocks are grossly overpowered for that fight. When I started raiding again I was brought in on their Garalon attempts, and was at an ilevel of 477. The top DPS was 492. After a few attempts of figuring out how I wanted to approach the legs and such I was pretty much always in the 1-3, usually 1-2 and did around 80-100k. Just got my 4 piece earlier this week, and this week's kill I ended around 180k or so. Maybe a bit less.

If anything, it'd be silly to sac all that DPS for the lock to soak even if it is plausible.
It would take alot of work, and surely isnt intended. I couldnt imagine what they'd do with gear and whatnot as well.

In all retrospect, its not going to happen.

Although, in all honesty, why someone would be AGAINST having something PURELY added to their class is beyond me.

Even if you don't like the "idea" of lock tanking, stating that "I would be forced to..." or that "It would take away from my PURE dps class" is just foolish. Blizzard wouldn't be forcing you to do anything, It wouldn't change anything about the spec that you enjoy, and would be there for the sole delight of those who wish to enjoy it.

Even if it's not going to happen and theres reasons as to why, to be against something that doesnt really effect you in any way seems childish.

No, its not going to happen. But, I'd seriously work on personal ethic, because if some proposed change didn't effect me in any way and would make others happy: but I was STILL against it? That makes you a pretty horrible person.
03/01/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Gloninn
Just because you don't want it doesn't mean you can speak for everyone who plays our class

Just because YOU WANT it doesn't mean you can speak for everyone who plays our class

This is what I mean. No one is proposing demo being changed to a tanking spec. Nearly everyone that I've seen comment on this has proposed a completely NEW spec being added.

What does that have to do with you? If you don't want it, then queue up for a dungeon or something and pass the time. It seems like you're just here out of spite.

I haven't seen one informative post about how this change would be detrimental to those who WOULDNT be using this new spec. The best argument I've seen is "then we wouldnt be a PURE dps class." Which means what?

No, its not going to happen.
But sitting there and acting like blizzard is going to be twisting your arm for money to make it happen is quite childish.
03/01/2013 08:58 PMPosted by Demise
Nearly everyone that I've seen comment on this has proposed a completely NEW spec being added.

It would be a redesign of Demo. Kind of like how guardian druids are pretty much feral but just everything DPS wise was ripped out of the spec, and feral is everything tank-like ripped away from them.

u're just here out of spite.

I haven't seen one informative post about how this change would be detrimental to those who WOULDNT be using this new spec. The best argument I've seen is "then we wouldnt be a PURE dps class." Which means what?

I find it really amusing that people argue against lock tanking for a multitude of reasons, and people still come back and say "There isn't a valid argument out there."

I don't really expect everyone to understand the ramifications of changing a class from pure to hybrid, but at one level it's still staggering.