New Ravenholdt thread up in General.

Ravenholdt
Why does Goofy live like a human while Pluto lives like a dog?

I always thought it was because he worked how to wear pants first. That's how it worked with Makphog and me - until he sorts his trousers out, I'm in charge.
02/27/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Rinke
Why does Goofy live like a human while Pluto lives like a dog?

I always thought it was because he worked how to wear pants first. That's how it worked with Makphog and me - until he sorts his trousers out, I'm in charge.

2001 Space Odyssey. ;]
Did I mention that I got another toon to 90...Got Necro; Fem Orc, to 90 last night and that now makes..I think 10 90s. Only 2 more 85 horde, a lvl 3 monk and a lvl 85 Human DK.

I am doing my part to fill the ranks of RH population...
I am attempting to bring my ONLY Alliance toon to Ravenholdt (also my only toon not on Ravenholdt). The problem is he is a DK and I have a Horde DK here already.

I am told, and read, that a player can only CREATE one DK per realm, but Blizzard does (or did, I'm still waiting) allow for a player to transfer a DK from one realm to a realm where you already have a DK. You just can't CREATE more than one on that realm.

Also, Once you transfer a DK from one realm to another you can go back to the original realm the DK was from and create a new one once the old has been transferred.

Clear as mud?

Mud fight!
Saw it and posted.
Back after a long break if anyone remembers me
Saw it and posted.

Not I, but welcome back!
We will get to know you, be in the forums, in game, or at the end of my axe :P
I am attempting to bring my ONLY Alliance toon to Ravenholdt (also my only toon not on Ravenholdt). The problem is he is a DK and I have a Horde DK here already.

I am told, and read, that a player can only CREATE one DK per realm, but Blizzard does (or did, I'm still waiting) allow for a player to transfer a DK from one realm to a realm where you already have a DK. You just can't CREATE more than one on that realm.

Also, Once you transfer a DK from one realm to another you can go back to the original realm the DK was from and create a new one once the old has been transferred.

Clear as mud?

Mud fight!

This is true. I transferred a DK to a server where I already had one, and got to keep both. Hopefully Blizzard lifts the 'create one DK per realm' thing entirely.

Once I figured I could level a DK to 90 with double-gathering and end up with tens of thousands of gold to show for it, I got a bit addicted, and would not mind doing it more often.. That, and daily quests as Blood... I couldn't think of a better way to spend this expansion.
02/28/2013 08:38 AMPosted by Starien
I couldn't think of a better way to spend this expansion.

I could!

*takes off pants*
Saw it and posted.

Not I, but welcome back!
We will get to know you, be in the forums, in game, or at the end of my axe :P

Always was on these forums for years and in the server vent, worlddefense etc. but it has indeed been ages. I don't recognize many of your names. Where are all the TBC folks?
I was here TBC, but as Ci, Tauren Druid.

;]
I was here TBC, but as Ci, Tauren Druid.

;]

You supposed to remember me from the forums as Asael / Strauss.
Anyways nice to see you again.
Bump. I use the link in this thread to direct people to info about Ravenholdt frequently.
I think the moment here might have died in the General thread but I wanted to note I am still seeing many transfers on the server, well Horde side. Some are saying that it is a result of the Post in General.

Let's see if we can get it back to front page.

C'mon.......I won't eat a Gnome today......
I'm taking a hiatus from posting recruitment threads in General.

The thinking is to let those other threads die down a bit and wait for the furor over CRZ to build up a bit, then put up another one. The first thread was better, IMO, because it was more spontaneous. It seemed to generate a better response.

I was a bit disappointed that we wound up with so many Horde recruits (no offense, guys, but we got plenty of Horde to go around) and not as many Alliance recruits, but there's no real way to prevent that, and messaging it difficult without being unwelcoming (which I don't want either).

I was also a bit bummed that VeCo jumped into our threads (VeCo can get it's own damn thread if it wants people so badly) and somehow wound up getting all the attention on WoWInsider without really doing anything. I'd post there but my commenting account is all out-of-whack thanks to their changes in the comment services and I can't post.

Between those two things and some real-life events that were unpleasant/not-fun-at-all that all occurred at the same time, I've been trying to avoid posting while undergoing some pretty heavy moodswings.

So, sorry for letting it all drop. I am glad it seems to be working, though.
Yes I link that thread frequently and I think we have gotten a few new recruits from it. I also keep posting in any rp threads on the World's End Tavern forums as well. I would rather a slow trickle of good people looking for a decent server than a huge influx of idiots looking to grief and gank us to death!

I do think it is working...I just want a friend or two to level with me and my endless alts...oops did I admit I am an altoholic? (blush)
I recently joined the server after seeing the thread on general, and I'm so glad I did. I've rolled alts on a number of different servers in the past, and Ravenholdt honestly has one of the best communities I've encountered in WoW.
I recently joined the server after seeing the thread on general, and I'm so glad I did. I've rolled alts on a number of different servers in the past, and Ravenholdt honestly has one of the best communities I've encountered in WoW.

That's good ta hear, and welcome aboard!

03/19/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Stuyvesant
I was also a bit bummed that VeCo jumped into our threads

This bummed me out too, but there is a recent post in the general thread from a player that is looking to come here after not really enjoying Venture Co.

I do like having the new players coming in, so far it's been great!
I also would like to see more Alli's. Clandestine is actually thinking...well members are thinking (we haven't been able to run it by the guild leaders yet) about starting an Alliance guild counter part to our Horde guild as many of us have Horde alts. The good part is some members don't have these alts on Ravenholdt and are more than willing to transfer over (maybe with some of their other realm friends) to Ravenholdt. So I am hoping to get this up and running soon. Anything to bump the Alliance population and activity.
So, sorry for letting it all drop. I am glad it seems to be working, though.

No need to be apologize *Hugs* Honestly, you taking the step out there to start advertising the server has really reinvigorated the community. So you have nothing to apologize for! I, for one, am extremely thankful for all of the people that have joined the community (both Horde and Alliance) because of these efforts. It's really been great!

Now I think that we need to take the momentum we've built up this far and keep pushing further. Sylvia has been doing a fantastic job of reaching out on other forums, Stone created <BARBARIANS> for transfers to RH, and the community has really come together in welcoming some of the new people. Let's keep going with that and thinking of ways that we can push more people to the wonderful, amazing, awesome faction that is the Alliance!

So far, I've got the cookies idea. >.>

But really, I try to highlight the close-knit nature of the Alliance community. In time, I think it'll grow better if we just don't give up.