Cross Realm between US and Oceanic realms

Oceanic General Discussion
Recently I was attempting to level an alt with a friend from an Oceanic realm namely Saurfang while I am on the US realm Blackrock and I find it really unfortunate that I cannot quest with them.

Blizzard recently made a change to US realms that localized all their time so that CRZ could work seamlessly between the pacific and eastern time realms, this was not a large jump in time (~3 hours) and linked up all the realms timers so that world events, fishing tournament and dailies would reset at the same time.

I propose that they include this time jump with Oceanic realms so that you can CRZ US and Oceanic realms together. There is obviously a downside to this being that fishing tournaments and gurubashi arena and etc would be at inconvenient times and would largely negate the point of being on an Oceanic realm (the timezone mimicking oceania).

I'm making this forum post for the purpose of gathering interest to see what the oceanic forum population thinks of this change and what the over arching point of view is, whether it's acceptable or if something needs to be done. I don't particularly expect this to change as I can't see the positives outweighing the negatives for the majority of the Oceanic playerbase, however I would like to see what others think and maybe if there is enough concern over the situation the devs might spend some time thinking of a possible solution
What so we have to do the fishing extravaganza at 3am in the morning? No thanks.
Oceanic and US *were* CRZ'd in the beginning for about a fortnight. It was the biggest epic failure that it had people from both sides of the Pond screaming at the Devs 24/7 to have it fixed. Just do a search in the threads and you'll see the complaints.

Never mind the tourneys, it stuffs up lighting, clocks, all events, guild management, different zones were CRZing differently, nodes, phasing. People were scared to leave SW or Org it was that bad.

Nope. Epic fail is epic. Oceanic stays with Oceanic. If you're an old Aussie still camping out on Blackrock, Proudmoore or Cenarion Circle, maybe you should come home to one of the Oceanic servers that stuck around ;)
Blizzard did indeed create problems at the beginning.

Surely there is a way that Blizzard can enable Cross Realm CRZ between Oceanic and US servers so that we can organise cross realm PVP and PVE without impacting times of events such resets and fishing tournaments.

Its extremely frustrating to not be able to join Cross Realm world pvp or pve events on US realms advertised on Oqueue and Openraid from Oceanic servers (well you can join the group - but you are invisible to other players). Blizzard are continually saying they want us back in the world, but this design acts against that principal.

Its too late for 5.4, but blizzard, please consider changing this so that Oceanic servers can participate in Cross Realm PVE and PVP events when US server players are in the group.

Why is this important to me? Openraid and Oqueue fill a gap in my wow experience due to lack of guild activity outside of core raid team progression. So I use these resources to plug that gap. The restrictions imposed by Blizzard impedes Oceanic players from taking part in the world.
OH NOES TIME IS DIFFERENT AND THE LIGHT IS WRONG

why on earth would you complain about CRZ? retards
How does it work for LFD and LFR - do Oceanic and NA servers draw from the same pool of players, or are Oceanic separate?

The reason being is that I live in Tokyo and play on NA server, but have horrible queue times for dungeons and raids. I'm trying to decide if its worth it to reroll on an Oceanic server, or if it makes no difference.
I've lived in Tokyo for over seven years now and made the jump to Oceanic servers after about 18 months of being lonely on NA servers due to the massive time difference. It's definitely worth it to re-roll or even transfer. Queue times are great during the daylight hours and only start to get iffy around 2-3am here and then they pick back up around 7-8am.

Highly recommended.
Whilst I understand the problems with enabling full-blown CRZ systems between the US and Oceanic servers, they should at least allow us to cross-realm group on the timeless isle.

Sites like open-raid allow us to group up easily for cross-realm raids, but it is annoying to see groups going for the world bosses on the isle, but be unable to join them because we cannot phase into their realm.
yeah it's really stupid especially with timeless isle and the overpopulation of some servers. can't even take my pally to another realm because there's only like 5 to choose from.
Thanks for the constructive feedback.
So, let me understand this - people flocked to certain servers because 'this server is dead' and 'raiding is so much better on server x or y' but then as soon as an area like Timewaste Isle comes out, you want to whinge that you're getting ganked or that there's too much competition?

Forgive me if I say, I'm sorry but you made your choice. You take the good with the bad and live with it. Why should you get to CRZ with those who chose to stick it out on low-pop servers just because life's 'too hard'. That's one of the benefits of being low-pop - ease of access to resources. We take that with the poor raiding and live with it.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.
Oceanic and US *were* CRZ'd in the beginning for about a fortnight. It was the biggest epic failure that it had people from both sides of the Pond screaming at the Devs 24/7 to have it fixed. Just do a search in the threads and you'll see the complaints.

Never mind the tourneys, it stuffs up lighting, clocks, all events, guild management, different zones were CRZing differently, nodes, phasing. People were scared to leave SW or Org it was that bad.

Nope. Epic fail is epic. Oceanic stays with Oceanic. If you're an old Aussie still camping out on Blackrock, Proudmoore or Cenarion Circle, maybe you should come home to one of the Oceanic servers that stuck around ;)

This!
So Blizzard can use the Oceanic realms to cut down on NA queue times, but people with friends on both sides of the server block can't play with their friends because of fishing.