Conquest points and the solo PvP'er

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
The gain per win can be increased to 100 and with a 2200 conq cap that means 22 wins throughout the week can Conq cap me, which i'll be happy with.

Well, you can't get 2200 cp through just randoms. So technically you would need 18 wins throughout the week, less than 3 random wins a day. No, the system is fine as is. If you want to gear quickly, do 2's or download oque and join a pug group for RBGs (believe it or not, they are actually fun once the team gets going). I don't think it's right for people afking/botting through randoms and gearing at ease. The 1 random win of the day already brings you up to 700CP, almost halfway there.
I suggested this in another thread but here goes...

Increase the CTA/first win to 150CP. Increase the next to 75.

Alternatively, award like 10CP for flag caps and such similar to the way honor is generated in BGs.

I don't believe that someone who spends 45 minutes in a low-ranked arena should earn the same CP as someone who spends 25 HOURS in BGs.
02/23/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Jugaa
The gain per win can be increased to 100 and with a 2200 conq cap that means 22 wins throughout the week can Conq cap me, which i'll be happy with.

Well, you can't get 2200 cp through just randoms. So technically you would need 18 wins throughout the week, less than 3 random wins a day. No, the system is fine as is. If you want to gear quickly, do 2's or download oque and join a pug group for RBGs (believe it or not, they are actually fun once the team gets going). I don't think it's right for people afking/botting through randoms and gearing at ease. The 1 random win of the day already brings you up to 700CP, almost halfway there.

You're in full Mal, most all of is 2/2 and you have an RBG rating. Of course people will take you in OQ or other premades.

For the starting PvPer with no rating and blue gear...it doesn't work that way.
Or we could just get rid of a gear gap that's going to be even worse next season but eh whats the point in that.
I know your feel, op. I'm going to add you in game and try to get you invited to any rbg or premade i can get my scrub !@# into.
I really don't understand why Blizzard decides that certain types of play deserve better gear than other types of play. I mean, is it really that much harder to do rated BGs instead of BGs, assuming you can find a group? Is it that complicated to do arenas as long as you have friends to do them with?

We're all competitive, and Blizzard has made pvp so gear dependent that if someone has the top level heroic malevolent they have a huge edge over someone who is simply in honor gear -- and certainly enjoy taking advantage of it. Why does blizzard discriminate against the majority of its player base anyway?
I have people who'll go arena with me until we cap, irrelevant of how much we lose, so it's not a big problem for me personally.

That said, I think it's a perfectly reasonable and good idea to change it to 100 conq per random BG win. It'll still take much longer than capping via arena. If people prefer the BG setting I don't see why they should feel 'forced' to do arena (please no one respond with "no one is forced" etc.; you know what I mean, it's a million times quicker so not doing it seems stupid, thus people feel forced).
/2 Healer looking to cap conquest in 2's.

There are many players just like you, just want wins for the cap.
02/23/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Rinin
I really don't understand why Blizzard decides that certain types of play deserve better gear than other types of play. I mean, is it really that much harder to do rated BGs instead of BGs, assuming you can find a group? Is it that complicated to do arenas as long as you have friends to do them with?
It's not about "harder" it's about which has more value. RBGs and arenas are organized PvP and BGs are not. Thus they are inherently at a higher level. Think of a lawyer just giving legal advice for 2 hours at $400 an hour. Did he work hard? No not really... but his work is more valuable than say a guy working 40 hours a week at McDonalds at $8 an hour. BGs are the McDonalds of PvP, like it or not.
02/23/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Kiaransali
It's not about "harder" it's about which has more value. RBGs and arenas are organized PvP and BGs are not. Thus they are inherently at a higher level. Think of a lawyer just giving legal advice for 2 hours at $400 an hour. Did he work hard? No not really... but his work is more valuable than say a guy working 40 hours a week at McDonalds at $8 an hour. BGs are the McDonalds of PvP, like it or not.

Does that lawyer go into mcd's and flip burgers with his whole legal team because if not that analogy does not work.

The lawyer is probably smarter, and spent a lot of time and money and effort getting a far better education than the macdonald guy. In this case he's done no such thing. I pay the same amount and invest the same time. There's nothing to suggest the guy who plays RBGs is any better than me at anything either.

The only thing at a higher level in RBGs, vs BGs is that the teams are better organized and disciplined. But that actually makes it EASIER. You don't have to think for yourself. You don't have to decide where your team needs coverage and go do it, because someone will have been assigned that roll. I love RBGs! I've played so many BGs (over 100k HKs) that it's great when I'm on an RBG where people actually do what they're supposed to!

As for arenas, I'm a moonkin. Blizzard has designed moonkins to be helpless and easily killed when focused by ANY other player, so arenas are really not available to me. The only way I can PVP is in BGs, preferably larger ones where I can cause a lot of damage and hopefully get some peels

More importantly, why are the arena guys allowed to take their superior gear into BGs and be at a great advantage over me and others without the same access to gear? the vast majority of players will never play RBGs, and even fewer will play arenas. So from a business standpoint Blizzard is ticking off a hundred players for every 1 who gets to enjoy himself stomping people with weaker gear. It makes no business sense.
/2 Healer looking to cap conquest in 2's.

There are many players just like you, just want wins for the cap.

Like I said - they wont stick around thru the losses. So IDK what to do. At this point I'm just going to wait for a friend of mine to finish moving - and then see if he'll pvp w/ me and try arena. I have crap luck with strangers.
02/23/2013 06:14 PMPosted by Rinin
he lawyer is probably smarter, and spent a lot of time and money and effort getting a far better education than the macdonald guy. In this case he's done no such thing. I pay the same amount and invest the same time. There's nothing to suggest the guy who plays RBGs is any better than me at anything either
I'm sorry but I strongly disagree. Most players in BGs are barely better than bots. Sure some bad players do arenas or RBGs, but it's like comparing a YMCA basketball league and college level basketball. The lower level arenas/RBGs being Division III, mid tier Division II and the 2200+ Division I.

I'm pretty much a Division III player on my mage and if I cared abour ratings I probably could be Division II. Either way I kick the crap out of the YMCA league heroes because quite frankly I am better than they are. Most lack situational awareness, don't use their class abilities properly & don't even know how to spell teamwork let alone use it. Like I said barely better than bots.

More importantly, why are the arena guys allowed to take their superior gear into BGs and be at a great advantage over me and others without the same access to gear?
Because we got the gear by earning it? As for access everyone has the same access so that is nonsense. You are pretty much contradicting yourself too by the way... you are saying arenas is no better than BGs but are implying that access to the best gear is restricted (which of course it isn't).
The lawyer is probably smarter, and spent a lot of time and money and effort getting a far better education than the macdonald guy. In this case he's done no such thing. I pay the same amount and invest the same time. There's nothing to suggest the guy who plays RBGs is any better than me at anything either.

No, you didn't put the same time in. Because, I'm in damn near identical gear to Kia, ilvl wise, and - crap arena rating, haven't done an rbg this expac.

So....you didn't put the same time in.

Even with my rating, I get invites...I just don't take em, cause, well, I never go destro.

I do like teh conquest bonus for objectives, tho - that could work.

Wow, you used the same analogy in the other PvP thread...

I appreciate your lively debate but I still don't agree with that analogy.

Low-ranked 2v2 arenas are like getting paid a lawyer's salary to work at McDonalds. Way too rewarding for the skill/work involved.
I'm sorry but I strongly disagree. Most players in BGs are barely better than bots. Sure some bad players do arenas or RBGs, but it's like comparing a YMCA basketball league and college level basketball.

That's simply nonsense. I've done both. I've seen no particular improvement in player performance in RBGs over regular BGs. The only difference is in organization, and that comes from above and is not any intrinsic part of the individual player.

More importantly, why are the arena guys allowed to take their superior gear into BGs and be at a great advantage over me and others without the same access to gear?
Because we got the gear by earning it? .

By doing RBG, which is easier than doing regular BGs? Sorry. Not a good answer.

No, you didn't put the same time in. Because, I'm in damn near identical gear to Kia, ilvl wise, and - crap arena rating, haven't done an rbg this expac.

So....you didn't put the same time in.

I put my time in BGs, which are harder and more frustrating to do than RBGs. Same objective, but I'm playing against people who often have way better gear, on a team with no organization which usually has less healing than the opposition. I'm also playing a toon which is the weakest in 1v1 play in WOW. Try staying alive through all that.

And you? You just have to do what you're told. Go to this flag. Guard it. There. Done.