Pandaren spirit pets

Pet Battles
Hello Pet Battle community. Recently I have become addicted to pet battles, yesterday I finished the pandaren spirit tamers quest and I am wondering is this a weakly quest or a once per account type thing because I would really like to have all of the spirit elementals but I can't afford to buy all of them.

Thanks in advance for the clarification,
Happy pet hunting :)
It's 4 dailies in fact.

Each spirit will offer you one and give you a spirit bag that has a 10% chance to contain 'himself'.

So it shouldn't take you too long to get the other 3 spirits (unless you're as unlucky as I am).

It also means you can skip the spirits you already have if you aren't interested in duplicates.
The quest is once per account. However, after completing the quest, you can battle all four spirit tamers every day, one win against each per account.

It took me months to get a water spirit pet, but it was worth it. They are part of my 11 tamer circuit of Pandaria which I do most days.

When you are battling a tamer regularly, learn how to do it 2v3, then they become a great way to level your other pets.
darn I do 3 of the spirit tamer quests every day because they are easy... I goes I should have chosen the stupid earth spirit for my first one :(

02/22/2013 03:56 PMPosted by Kailassa
When you are battling a tamer regularly, learn how to do it 2v3, then they become a great way to level your other pets.

I do this with one tamer every day but I am not good enough at pet battles yet to do it with the legendaries
darn I do 3 of the spirit tamer quests every day because they are easy... I goes I should have chosen the stupid earth spirit for my first one :(

I do this with one tamer every day but I am not good enough at pet battles yet to do it with the legendaries

You've got 9 rare level 25s, and I have well over 200. I suggest the difference is in options rather than skill. ;)

One "must have" against the tamers, in my opinion, is a good snail. I recommend a breed 7 Shimmershell.
Rapana whelk is also a good choice. Plus when you capture it, it is high enough level that it is immediately effective. Anubisath idol is stupidly OP against the tamers.
02/23/2013 06:04 AMPosted by Aloric
Rapana whelk is also a good choice. Plus when you capture it, it is high enough level that it is immediately effective. Anubisath idol is stupidly OP against the tamers.

^^ this.

Plus with the thundering a fast rabbit (or other critter) is really nice as it can basically negate the earth spirit. My problem with the thundering right now is trying to weave in my little guy into the fight more than killing him.
The last option if you just can't stomach the Earth Spirit fight (gotta admit I hate that one) is to just grind up the gold and buy that one on the AH as it comes up. They're not usually too stupidly expensive, and you can then daily the easier tamers for the others.
02/23/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Safari
The last option if you just can't stomach the Earth Spirit fight (gotta admit I hate that one) is to just grind up the gold and buy that one on the AH as it comes up. They're not usually too stupidly expensive, and you can then daily the easier tamers for the others.

Ya I just sold (another) one for 2k on my server :D
02/23/2013 06:04 AMPosted by Aloric

I've heard this said here before, in what way is the Rapana Whelk good against the spirit tamers? I'd like to capture/level one myself, but I was wondering how to use it properly when I do.
02/23/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Dromkar

I've heard this said here before, in what way is the Rapana Whelk good against the spirit tamers? I'd like to capture/level one myself, but I was wondering how to use it properly when I do.

I'm not all that experienced with pet battles but I got real skeptical of the Whelk after trying it out.

The Whelk is a 'counter-pet' in that it's a critter (strong against elementals) with an Aquatic attack (strong against elementals). So it should be great on the Spirit dailies, right?

Not really. Let's review:
1. Neither Air nor Water actually use elemental attacks. So being a critter isn't of any real use. I use an Emerald Proto-drake against Air and generally a Broom/Lamp combo against Water.

2. Fire is all about DoT damage. If you've got a shielding effect, you can normally crush it. The Whelk (lacking a shielding effect) doesn't fare so well even with its critter damage reduction.

3. The Whelk is decent - not exceptional - against the Earth elemental. However, it's horrid against the rest of the encounter. It gets smashed by the beast and doesn't do much more than break even against the critter since neither of them use much in the way of elemental attacks (nor are they vulnerable to the Whelk's attacks).

Being able to kill the Earth spirit with enough gas left over to inflict 50% health on the follow-up pet is nothing special - virtually any fast damage pet can do that - so I shelved my Whelk after trying it a few times.