How to Really make Unholy attractive in PvP

Death Knight
We all know why people play frost over unholy. It's ease of use. The Two major issues I see with UH is:

1. The damn pet... Please just remove the energy cost of gnaw and leap. The pros macro claw to either DC or SS, but it's a lot of work to make the macros, use them correctly, and manage pet energy while staying on target.

2. Chains messes with our rotation/GCD. Frost get a free aoe snare (yes, I know you need chillblains, but its pretty standard for frost).

If they could make blood plague function as a PASSIVE snare (not multi target, you would have to use unholy blight or pest. to apply it to multi targets) and remove the energy cost of pets, You would see a much higher player base as UH in PvP.
No thoughts?
It's already attractive in PvP. You just want to have your cake and eat it to. Frost only wins in kill or be killed burst pressure but Unholy wins the long fight I think. You're getting benefits at 5.2. Don't ask for more unless you're asking to be nerfed beyond oblivion.
I can see point 2 being ignored or dismissed. That is more of a wish, but terrible pet mechs because blizzard is lazy... not too sure you have much of a leg to stand on.
02/26/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Tor
Frost only wins in kill or be killed burst pressure

Oh, you mean PvP? Have you been in arena/bg lately?
02/26/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Snachyoherbs
Frost only wins in kill or be killed burst pressure

Oh, you mean PvP? Have you been in arena/bg lately?

Have you been on the ptr where Unholy is getting love?
Unholy doesn't need more attractiveness.
02/26/2013 08:04 AMPosted by Tor
It's already attractive in PvP. You just want to have your cake and eat it to. Frost only wins in kill or be killed burst pressure but Unholy wins the long fight I think. You're getting benefits at 5.2. Don't ask for more unless you're asking to be nerfed beyond oblivion.

Indeed.
Unholy is already good. It's going to be better next patch.

The only things you can do to the DK class at the moment is offer very small QoL changes. Anything number wise is going to make us way too strong.

Like I would love it if gnaws damage was removed but it's energy cost was removed. It would remove the need to macro claw to most of your damaging attacks (which most do).
Ok #1 I do not know a single pro DK that macro's any of his pet crap to DC or SS.

#2 Chains of ice should not be part of a perfect rotation, it makes us turn into a rotation class rather than a priority class which unholy definitely is depending on the situation.

What I like about the changes are the buffs to our shadow damage, the garg is getting shadow damage and our disease damage is getting improved. Now that means that mastery is going to be a very good stat to take as it will increase the amount of damage done to targets during downtime.

Yes Gnaw is a pain to use correctly but I think that toggling your pet's claw helps a lot with those issues.