[Hpally] Looking for some Stat Advice

Paladin
Greetings everyone!

I am at a point where I feel that I have a little more regen than I need, so I am debating on swapping out some gems for some extra healy power.

Note: I plan on leaving my 2 +480 JC spirit Gems in and my comfort level with Spirit is 9k - 10k.

Also, I kind of rushed through the numbers, so please forgive me if I am off on a slot or two.
I'll figure it out later when my numbers don't add up lol.

Option 1:
Replace all my Blue Sockets (Excluding JC) with +160 Spirit/+160 Mastery
This will bump me up to 800 Mastery and leave me at 10.5k Spirit

Option 2:
Replace all my Yellow Sockets with +80 Intel/+160 Mastery
Replacing Prismatic Sockets with +160 Spirit/+160 Mastery
This will bump me up to 800 Mastery, 240 Intellect, and leave me at 10k spirit

Option 3:
Replacing Prismatic Sockets with +80 Intel/+160 Mastery
This will bump me up to 800 Mastery, 480 Intel, and leave me at 9.4k spirit

We did the first 3 bosses on HM in MSV last night and while I felt the pressure healing new content, mana was never a problem. I just don't know how the bosses are coming up in comparison to what I have already healed, so I lack a gauge.

Also, (if this helps with the perspective of where my mana regen is) we had a new healer with us last night too (first time healing this Xpac, period). He was ~8-10 ilvl behind us in gear and had a was a fair amount behind us in healing (which of course is to be expected). While this put additional strain on us, from a mana standpoint I was still hovering around ~20% - 30% mana at the end of the fight.

Any suggestions or input would be appreciated :D
Start with option 3 and work your way up. You could always use spirit food/flask if you need a touch more regen.
02/26/2013 12:06 PMPosted by Saradorpali
We did the first 3 bosses on HM in MSV last night and while I felt the pressure healing new content, mana was never a problem. I just don't know how the bosses are coming up in comparison to what I have already healed, so I lack a gauge.

HM Stone Guard has a spirit modifier, its why you feel like you are okay.
HM Feng is a short fight, lots of stacking, uber mana efficient fight.
HM Garajal has a spirit modifier and is why you aren't feeling the stress of it.

Once you are further in, you are going to start feeling the mana constraints. I with Int/Spirit and Spirit/Mastery gems and then just replaced until I felt comfy.

Option 2:
Replacing Prismatic Sockets with +160 Spirit/+160 Mastery
This will bump me up to 800 Mastery, 240 Intellect, and leave me at 10k spirit

This is the option I went with, but with one minor change - spi/mast gems in yellow sockets. I also just went for +480 mastery JC gems, and reforged the spirit off my trinket for more mastery. Even after all of that I'm still sitting at ~11k spirit iirc (but over 40% mastery in raid!)

[E] - I personally don't recommend doing this until you feel your progression is "over". You have more difficult fights in front of you, so if you plan on attempting those I wouldn't abandon your spirit just yet!