Questioning my life's choices....

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Always dying, frequently dead, but never truly alive....
Talents wasted, a mind melted, to what do I really strive?
(Or am I just off my medication?)

Constantly craving, yet wandering aimlessly among my gaming fix...Is this what it means...to be an addict? My life seems to only know gaming, and yet I'm probably one of the worst players out there...

My mind feels clouded, and my path is hidden. There are times I try to ask myself...who am I? I feel like....an extraneous puzzle piece...

(Say what you will, just please be polite)
Vol'kuza laughs heartily at the fact that this is posted in a forum of people who periodically pretend they are someone else.
Creation begins in the imagination. You would rather be watching television and farting, and responding when prompted to the laugh track?

Keep the time and real life obligations in perspective, and then this game is an incredible magical mystery tour and cheap, active entertainment.

Don't dismiss the social aspects either. I have a friend who used to be in hotel rooms in distant cities from 3 - 6 nights per week while his kids were in high school. When he was done with work and they were done with school, all of them logged on and adventured together in Azeroth. They have outgrown that situation, but they are much tighter as a family than others I have seen who were under the same roof but in different rooms.

I know of people who did not have primary custody of a child who were able to interact with them in the game beyond the every-other-weekend limitations.

Avatars and virtual worlds can be good things, not just time wasters.

“Play is the highest form of research.”

― Albert Einstein
02/27/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Stonzgrinda
Keep the time and real life obligations in perspective, and then this game is an incredible magical mystery tour and cheap, active entertainment.

Balance in all things, if you will.

Use the game as a reward rather than an avoidance mechanism.

I hope that helps! It's easier said than done, to be sure.
I agree that life can be boring when you are not slaying dragons and helping others and being called a hero. I do enjoy the game and try to keep things in perspective.

I am homebound, and this game is my life now. Seems sad in a way I find more friends here and people who care than the real life ones I can count on one hand who live far away and do not play the game.
Are you RPing right now? Are you still a dragon? Burn a village down you'll feel better.