Deadly Calm

Warrior
I'm Honestly not trying to QQ but I'm really gonna miss this ability.
I will too, and im a bit confused is heroic strike rage cost going down, because thats a bit of a nerf.
It's such a horrible ability and it's barely a noticeable change. If anything, this is one more heroic strike per minute. That's all it really does. If that heroic strike were to hit for 100k, you'd lose 100kDPM, which averages up to a loss of 1.6kDPS, and that is, only if you ever use every single charges of deadly calm, and that's without ruining up your DPS because you spent your full rage pool on it. I don't get why anyone is acting like that's a big freaking deal.

The only reason they're removing it is because it's worthless clutter.
Exactly. Most people only make use of one or two charges so it's even less of a loss.
Well, Heroic Strike is about to become useless clutter if they don't knock down the rage cost, I mean, how many people are really going to use it with the TfB change? Should they get rid of HS as well??
I am guessing with the changes coming most warriors will change their heroic leap glyph to something else and get rid of heroic strike from their action bar.
Deadly Calm wasn't even used properly by any warrior, we macroed it into blood bath or heroic strike and didn't really care about it's usage at all due to using it properly net a very minimal dps increase that wasn't worth the effort to even utilise.

02/23/2013 10:28 PMPosted by Bhaltair
I am guessing with the changes coming most warriors will change their heroic leap glyph to something else and get rid of heroic strike from their action bar.

Hell to the no, -15s on the H leap CD is a mobility buff too big to pass up and is our best glyph even without the damage increase.
I miss the old Deadly Calm, the one that made all your abilities cost no rage. The one from MoP, eh not so much.
02/23/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Mspsychokill
Well, Heroic Strike is about to become useless clutter if they don't knock down the rage cost, I mean, how many people are really going to use it with the TfB change? Should they get rid of HS as well??

Unlikely since all three specs have it and two of them utilize it quite well. It still serves a purpose for arms, but true it will be infrequently used for arms.

02/23/2013 10:39 PMPosted by Greìl
Deadly Calm wasn't even used properly by any warrior, we macroed it into blood bath or heroic strike and didn't really care about it's usage at all due to using it properly net a very minimal dps increase that wasn't worth the effort to even utilise.

Exactly

Hell to the no, -15s on the H leap CD is a mobility buff too big to pass up and is our best glyph even without the damage increase.

Again, exactly.
The only thing about DC that I miss is the Cata version of it.
02/24/2013 12:15 AMPosted by Sgtjonson

Yeah that was nice. Empty rage bar, then pop DC to fill it back up, then empty it out again. I think it was Arms's main DPS cooldown.
I miss when it used to be an actual useful cooldown.
02/24/2013 12:15 AMPosted by Sgtjonson
This and Cata is when I started playing.
I miss Pogs.