Disc healing status?

Priest
You seem angry.
I'm actually pretty happy with disc PVP on the ptr then.

Pretty much impossible to die to one player (but haven't encountered a good DK yet, which should be the hardest to survive), and takes a really long time to go OOM.

Lie. Stop lying omg. Are you real?

You were not even playing PTR cuz didn´t even know about BF before. Stop lying.

BUSTED.

Please tell me you're 12.

I mean, please. It's really the only excuse you have at this point.

Amabella has been a consistently excellent contributor to priest forum discussions. You, on the other hand, have primarily gone about accusing others of lying, trying to sabotage the priest class, and making similarly ridiculous claims.
Disc isnt dead, its just changeing you all just gotta get with the times i relearn how to play it ...or try something else cause from what i c, disc is only getting stonger in 5.2. You all just clearly dont see it.
Also the reason I didn't think it was active is I forgot to make sure I was actively in combat while casting the heals (I was just scrolling up in the combat log and looking at heal sizes); battle fatigue can drop off, even if you are in an arena / battleground.

Lie. Stop lying omg. Are you real?

You were not even playing PTR cuz didn´t even know about BF before. Stop lying.

BUSTED.

I mean, please. It's really the only excuse you have at this point.

Amabella has been a consistently excellent contributor to priest forum discussions. You, on the other hand, have primarily gone about accusing others of lying, trying to sabotage the priest class, and making similarly ridiculous claims.

Amabellos doesn´t play PvP. Is clear like crystal water to me. Saying a class is good when it isn´t. Why is she/he doing that?

Disc is the worst healer right now on PTR. Now we are having mana issues due to the change to our burst heal, we have the worst heal compared to Holy paladins, Shamans or monks.

I´m playing at the PTR! I´m focused on PvP...and I know what I´m talking about.
It might be that Amabella is a better player than you. -shrug- It might be that he is less prone to exaggeration.
Yeah I don't pvp; I just have this cool bug that gave me all the arena achievements and some dragon looking things to fly around on.

It's tempting to troll Mahadev but then I remember he might actually be 12, and that'd be mean.
02/28/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Mahadev
Amabellos doesn´t play PvP. Is clear like crystal water to me. Saying a class is good when it isn´t. Why is she/he doing that?

*Looks at Amabella's 2000 RBG rating*

Apparently they do.

Disc is the worst healer right now on PTR. Now we are having mana issues due to the change to our burst heal, we have the worst heal compared to Holy paladins, Shamans or monks.

*Looks at Mahadev's 1300 RBG rating*

Apparently you don't.
Aww I missed the party. /sadface
Bring back 20% increase to MB!
02/28/2013 11:12 PMPosted by Tiesha

Apparently they do.

Apparently you don't.

BUSTED.
Disc is pretty strong in PvP right now in my honest opinion. I frequently top BG healing even with the scoreboard not counting absorbs which is a big part of disc healing obviously. As for arenas, I have work to do, probably because I haven't found the right comp yet, but from what I've noticed thus far, it's almost impossible to die to one person attacking you until you run out of mana, minus a really good warrior or hunter. I'm interested to try holy for PvP once 5.2 hits though. As holy in BGs I've noticed I can do so much more healing than as disc but the survivability is crap compared to disc. Overall I prefer disc for PvP due to better survivability.

I'm kinda bummed about the phantasm nerf since that's what I roll with all the time, but I think I'll keep it once 5.2 hits because being able to remove all movement impairing effects with fade has saved my bum numerous times. Besides the phantasm nerf, however, I really don't see how disc is getting nerfed PvP wise. Spirit shell is now unable to be dispelled, penance is getting buffed, and after reading the patch notes it looks like prayer of mending, flash heal, binding heal, and renew are getting buffed by 5% (not much, but I'll take it). We're getting two open glyph slots, focused will as a passive which is 30% reduced damage all the time, plus holy fire is now instant. Things are looking good for disc in my opinion. I don't understand how a lot of people are saying that we're getting nerfed.
I'm just getting started on my priest but it looks to me like the nerf is mainly on the PvE side to sustained mana regen.

I wonder if the halo nerf (not removing stealth) will warrant taking holy nova? Since we now get 2 of our mandatory pvp glyphs baseline (inner focus and desperation) that frees up some glyph slots and nova is a decent stealth break.
I really don't like the change they are making to how crit heals work with DA. Moving more of our healing into absorbs is fine when healing tanks (or during heavy raid damage fights) when we know the shield will be used.

Shields that time out is wasted healing, and bigger shields will likely mean more wasted healing.

Apparently they do.

Apparently you don't.

BUSTED.

1v1 against you (or any other noob here) anytime at Broxigar PTR realm. And I´m playing with a NERFED class. Just say the time and where. You can try to add me there as "Mahadevtest".

Btw if you don´t realize yet. RBG´s rating and even arena´s ratings are reliable on TEAM WORK. When you have a good guild on a good server a high rating is possible. When you are in a LOW pop realm with just a few good guilds it is nearly impossible.

My guild is not big, we are not having any PvP events and 99% of my rated RBGs were made with unknown ppl from the server just to get that extra conquest. Very normal even I´m being a good healer to lose RBGs in these conditions.
PvP isn't balanced around 1v1. It's balanced around competitive team play, specifically RBG and 3v3 Arenas. If you are struggling then it is a problem between you and the people you run with. It is not the fault of the class.
03/02/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Tiesha
PvP isn't balanced around 1v1. It's balanced around competitive team play, specifically RBG and 3v3 Arenas. If you are struggling then it is a problem between you and the people you run with. It is not the fault of the class.

No..wait! YOU are talking about my rating. You are making the AD HOMINEM fallacy here. YOU like many others are trying to see my rating to undermine my opinions.

I never talked about my rating and used this as something to support my claims. I was just arguing with my knowledge based on my own experience from PTR and theorycraft.

You was the one that went in the wrong direction. Don´t try to change the things again.
No..wait! YOU are talking about my rating. You are making the AD HOMINEM fallacy here. YOU like many others are trying to see my rating to undermine my opinions.

I never talked about my rating and used this as something to support my claims. I was just arguing with my knowledge based on my own experience from PTR and theorycraft.

You was the one that went in the wrong direction. Don´t try to change the things again.

You are the one who said:

When obviously they do and on a skill level far above your own. In fact if you look at many of the people who are directly addressing your points in regards to PvP nearly all of them have higher ratings and achievements than you do.

Note: You were the first to use an Ad Hominem argument by claiming that X person didn't pvp and thus they don't know what they were talking about.

What that means is that the burden of their achievements and skill carry more weight than your opinion. Especially when you have multiple people saying the same thing. Ad Hominem arguments do have merit when it comes from multiple sources.

Your entire demeanor from calling people "liers", "son", and "noobs" implies a very immature and childish personality.

Plus you yourself admitted that how well you do in Rated BG's and Arenas depends on the skill of both yourself and that of your teamates. You also specifically stated that you are on a low population server and that you can't get into a stable PvP environment. Those 2 reasons alone have a much higher probability to be the root cause of your PvP struggles and concerns.

You are not playing at the highest level of competitive play. You say that PvP is bad on the ptr.
Other people are playing at the highest level of competitive play. They say PvP is better on the ptr.

Who would you believe?

This argument isn't to convince you, it is to put other people who come here asking questions on the right track so they know who to listen to.
03/02/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Mahadev
I never used the ad hominem fallacy as you are pointing. I just said that because Amabello is cleary not focused on PvP and she was already making claims to nerf DPriests on PvE before. I already saw some of her posts claiming that Dpriests were too strong on PvE. I´m sure that she focus on PvE play not PvP. So for her...everything is fine.

Actually you did. You made a false assumption and used that assumption to try to discredit an individual's argument. This is by any definition a Ad Hominem argument.

Ad Hominem is defined as an argument made personally against an opponent instead of against their argument. You assumed that Amabella was a PvE orientated player and used that belief to try to discredit their posts. You basically fell into your own argumentative trap and now you are scrambling to get out of it.

By all means scramble away.

Note: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087069033#3

And you don´t play PvP...it seems. because we DO use PoH in PvP...specially in RBGs.

Another Ad Hominem argument made by you. You don't even realize what you are doing.