An Idea for Heroic Leap

Warrior
When trying to use heroic leap to the furthest possible range, the target area will turn red if you go to far and you will have to spend an extra second or two trying to move your cursor to the perfect spot.

My idea is to tweak the ability to where when you move your mouse past the max range, the target area following it and indicating red for too far will still follow your cursor but not go past max range.

Basically your heroic leap aim will stay the same until you get to the 40 yard mark, the aim will not go past that but still follow the cursor and you will not get an out of range error. You wouldn't spend any more than a split second trying to line up your max range leaps.

I'm sorry if this isn't explained well, please let me know what you think.
While you're at it, do the same thing for minimum range leaps. I hate it when I click my leap 1 centimeter too close to myself and then end up having to reclick to use it, which sometimes ends up delaying my next on-GCD ability since I'm too busy mashing my heroic leap key.
That aim icon is utter bull anyway...doesnt matter what colour it is or what it looks like when you click it it's so unpredictable.

the crossed out circle that indicates you can't jump there....still heroic leaps. When its green often you get LoS issues over a stone thats in the path.
I remember when ring of valor was still in the game (whatever happened to that arena anyways?) you could leap ontop of the raised pillars....but couldn't jump on them when they were lowered. You can also do HR leaps off the side off the blades edge ramp and back onto the bridge. You can maybe jump up a hill once in a blue moon. Your idea is great, but honestly I wouldn't expect them to do anything about the ability for another 5 years. After all, that's how long it took them to fix charge, is it not?
As bad as SWTOR was, one thing I did like was that Force Leap allowed you to jump over gaps and go up vertically. I wish Charge/Heroic Leap worked the same way. It would help a lot in those situations where a caster has the high ground on you and we wouldn't have to worry about annoying situations where a little rock prevents you from HL-ing.
If you Heroic Leap on a rock or a stone you would sprain your ankle.

I believe the realism is there to improve your immersion.

Because realistically a behemoth in full clad plate and a giant 2h sword can leap 40 yrds right?

actually the truth is if you used Heroic Leap to get up onto a stone, it would shatter the rock. The rock would crumble beneath you, leaving you to fall to the ground in a heap of dust and rock debris clad in full plate armor while throwing whoever else was on the rock 10 yards away. This then set up a charge for you, thus allowing rage generation easily, too. It was OP so they toned it down.

But back to the topic, even when the target circle is green, I still get the out of range message if its at max range while I'm on the move. HL is a cool ability that just needs work.
02/25/2013 10:07 AMPosted by Khahan
But back to the topic, even when the target circle is green, I still get the out of range message if its at max range while I'm on the move. HL is a cool ability that just needs work.
It has gotten work. Heroic Leap is significantly less buggy than the Wrath beta implementation (at least, listening to Sam talk about it), and much improved from Cata.
02/25/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Kangamooster
It has gotten work. Heroic Leap is significantly less buggy than the Wrath beta implementation (at least, listening to Sam talk about it), and much improved from Cata.

It may have gotten work, but it still needs some. Again, when you pick a spot to HL to and the targeter is green but you get the message that the spot is out of range, there is work to be done. Flat hallways, no bumps, nooks, cliffs etc. I use it speed up running down hallways and get that message all the time.
During beta they constantly said Heroic Leap is one of those abilities that always gets work. :/

Don't see what your point is.
Willing to forgive blizzards buggyness for a 15 second cd. Fair exchange
During beta they constantly said Heroic Leap is one of those abilities that always gets work. :/

Don't see what your point is.

other than responding to a troll, I think my prior point was fairly obvious. Now shoo.
I have an idea for it.

Leave it alone.
Or maybe atleast make it so that a failed click (out of range, lOS, whatever) doesn't remove the targeting for the ability. Make it so that if a click is in a bad location, it doesn't require you to have to re-hit the hotkey for Heroic Leap, just leave the targeting marker up. This gets me A LOT when trying to use leap to avoid fatal falling damage; I'll click it while falling when the marker is green, and still get a range issue, resulting in death.
Be able to heroic leap with Bladestorm!