Unholy DK PvP Guide (5.4)

Death Knight
Prev 1 14 15 16 24 Next
I'm Confused. You say Mastery, Noxxic says Crit, Askmrrobot says haste. Is it just a matter of preference?
Noxxic and Robot aren't reliable resources.

You forgot your runeforge btw.
Hey Patches, could you explain to me how to perform a juke grip?

I'm having a hard time getting the proper distance to do the grip before they finish their cast. It's either that, or I try to jump around, and it fails.

I'm Confused. You say Mastery, Noxxic says Crit, Askmrrobot says haste. Is it just a matter of preference?

Noxxic is fail, Askmrrobot isn't much better.
What is the proper opener to end up with 6 death runes? I read somewhere it's chains of ice, then plague strike, then festering strike then scourge strike, then blood strike and end with a Icy Touch. But when I use Chains of Ice the frost rune doesn't convert to death on it's refresh, and on the last Icy Touch I have to wait a couple seconds for the rune to come back.. So Idk. Is this the right way? (For PvP)
What is the proper opener to end up with 6 death runes? I read somewhere it's chains of ice, then plague strike, then festering strike then scourge strike, then blood strike and end with a Icy Touch. But when I use Chains of Ice the frost rune doesn't convert to death on it's refresh, and on the last Icy Touch I have to wait a couple seconds for the rune to come back.. So Idk. Is this the right way? (For PvP)

I usually decide based on my opposition.

It's either

Festering Festering
or
Icy Touch Icy Touch Blood Boil Blood Boil
I'm confused about necrotic strike. Did it get nerfed or hotfixed? Is it still viable to use?
Nice Topic dude! gratz! very specific topic for UH DK!

TKS SO MUCH!
Necrotic is fine now and saw a healing debuff nerf of roughly 10%. It is still a very good move to use. Don't listen to the hippies
The Hotfix was now instead of later in 5.3 right? Because I'm still killing people in bgs at least.
Is this guide for duel wield or two hand weapons
Just some quick notes that could be fixed:

Soul Reaper only triggers the haste buff if the target dies before the effect triggers, not if they live through it.

And IMHO, PHDK is a stronger comp than Ebolacleave at the moment due how strong hunters are at the moment.
Is this guide for duel wield or two hand weapons

You should only use two-handers as anything other than Frost because of how Frost is the only spec that has the passive Threat of Thassarian. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=66192

You still probably want to use a two-hander as Frost because of how strong the passive Might of the Frozen Wastes is for PvP and PvE. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81333
Come patch 5.3, would you recommend using a SPA trinket, rather than the standard PvP Badge?
Why would you ever, use, a, pvp, trinket... as a dk...

Learn to play.

Learn to play.

No idea what you're smoking.

Learn to play.

No idea what you're smoking.

the SPA trinket gives 4400 str on proc while the pvp one gives 3900. with the resil changes in 5.3 you're giving up pvp power (the scaling of pvp power is getting nerfed too) in favor of expertise (which you can reforge to mastery on the SPA trinket).

the only mystery is how the SPA trinket will be scaled down to 496. if the proc is also scaled down in pvp then it might not be the better option, but we'll have to wait and see.