Shan'ze Ritual Stones from Rare Spawns????

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
Can you clarify what these other sources are? I have grinding and grinding and I haven't found any other source except the Tomb where the chests are and we can only get in there once. If you wanted to make the game more difficult and more towards grinding that just what has happened. I actually run out of things to do every day since the patch came out!
Funny how I looted 2 keys off mobs this week already, with the same toon. I'm not the only one either.
First thing I killed on the island dropped one. Very odd.
I get that Blizzard is trying to extend the life of the content, it's just fun to chase the rares when they come up, and it feels like a new version of the failbag when all you can get is a tome of valor. Maybe add some other random drops like potions and such, so it's not the exact same drop every time.
My DK had gotten one plus some other goodies in a chest found doing dailies..
i didn't even know what they were until i seen this thread..

now i went and jinxed myself finding out about them!! \o/
My mage got two, one from a Rare and one from a Chest, you should start treasure hunting if you feel lucky.
People can actually loot the rares? Hmm.. Wish I could say the same.

Run away from the dead rare you just killed til you lose it as a target. Run back to it and loot. It's worked for me everytime they bug to where I can't loot. After receiving my first ritual stone all I ever get is tomes worth 15 valor.
I think this is still broken, I looted one from a trove, and have killed tons of mobs and rares and not gotten one from them, same thing on my alt, got one from a trove, and none from rares. I think that if you loot one from a trove first it is exempting you from mob loot one. IE the check on the mobs dropping it is not "Have you looted one from a mob yet" it is, "Have you looted one at all??"
Seriously! just one freakin stone for a whole week. while the chest that can be looted for stone are slim to none with this many players on that island. How disppointing :(
I ended up missing my main's rare spawn ritual stone drop because of the loot bug. I had seen the loot when I clicked the corpse but then it disappeared and I couldn't loot it again.

Later I found out that there were two ways to get around the loot bug: you can run away until it's out of range and come back a few minutes later and loot it, or you can kill other mobs nearby and loot them and you'll get the rare's loot through AoE looting.

I spent the better part of three days farming rare spawns and looking for more chests trying to get my 3rd stone before I finally gave up. Then I looked it up online and found out that the damn things only drop once per week from rares for each toon! And you can only see one (maybe two) chests each week on each toon! I say two chests because I saw two chests on my rogue but all my other 90s have only seen one each.

People were burning themselves out on this wild goose chase to try and find stones to progress the quest lines or get keys or chests and got turned off of the content quickly. These item drop limitations should have been mentioned in the patch notes, or otherwise indicated soo people would not waste their time attempting to get more.
One rare and two chests - same toon over two days yielded the three stones needed. Got some extra stuff: Incantation of Deng (2), Waterlogged Zandalari Journal, another book (read they can go for 5K for role play peeps, otherwise no use), three things to turn in for rep, and other stuff. Lesson learned: have at least 4-5 slots free in your bag. Be coy because you can't open the gold chest while in combat (don't scream I found a chest)...someone else could just grab it out from under you while you are fighting something.
This is a pointless ritual to go through. You have a hundred people looking for the same thing. Or you camp a rare spawn to get the quest item only to find that when you kill them you get nothing. No loot nothing. Multiple times I and many others kill the rare spawns and get no loot at all. And this from a quest to continue progression on the island. WTH Blizzard!!!!

dont ever play original Everquest then.. lol.. probably before your game playing times... but i remember sitting and camping a spot for weeks on end to get 1 item... and you felt like you really accomplished something when you finally got it.
Miss them days...
If I were to get a key to the palace from a trove off the island first, would i still be able to loot a key from the rares in the same week?
keep faith, i received one from a chest, a sunreaver box and then another chest :)
Ok we all agree that the stones are hard to get right?
well yes they are BUT... well no buts its just super hard to find rare
i just really wanna find 3 for the darkspear revilotion thing and its taking me forever to find them
So with that being said blizzard make them a little easy to find plz
04/25/2014 02:24 AMPosted by Drmonkey
i just really wanna find 3 for the darkspear revilotion thing and its taking me forever to find them

You're an idiot.
04/25/2014 02:24 AMPosted by Drmonkey

This was worth the necro?

And I don't think anyone cares about ritual stones anymore. I just sell them whenever I get them.
Folks, please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.