5.2 Arms Warrior Rotation?

Warrior
Hi there,

Just wondering what the arms warrior rotation, priority will look like after patch..

Thank you :)
anyone?
what do you think it should be
MS, CS, OP, OP, SL. Storm Bolt used during CS if you spec into it.
R u sure MS first?
I think CS first
CS MS OP OP SL.
CS maximize your damage.
R u sure MS first?
I think CS first
CS MS OP OP SL.
CS maximize your damage.

Pretty much this, toss a HS in if you have enough rage.
Overpower has a half GCD now, so comparatively with our other moves, which are all a full length GCD, it's tooltip might as well read "210% weapon damage with 60% extra crit chance.

Overpower > Slam. Easily.

Rotation is CS on inital, then:
MS->OP->OP->Slam
MS->OP->OP->Slam
<repeat>

If CS comes off cd you replace the Slam with a CS for that 'round' (and insert the CS as early as possible, doesn't have to be after the OP's, ofc.)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087999196?page=1

^ Everything you need to know about Arms in 5.2.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8087999196?page=1

^ Everything you need to know about Arms in 5.2.

Shameless self bump to own topic.

Not like that's a bad thing though
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A

:3

Stop giving bad info. Slam hits way harder than overpower and is key move in a good rotation. Use slam when your rage goes above 75/80. Use slam especially when you blow offensive cooldows - slam crits hit really hard.

Use slam when your target is rooted in front of you (staggering shout / shockwave), overpower on rogues/other melee with high parry. Overpower is on a quicker GCD vs. slam, but slam packs a bigger punch.

HS is kind of lame now but I still find it useful to get someone in execute range during a high-rage burst.
These threads you keep responding to with this are about PvE raid output, not PvP.
-
03/08/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Myballsfine

Stop giving bad info. Slam hits way harder than overpower and is key move in a good rotation. Use slam when your rage goes above 75/80. Use slam especially when you blow offensive cooldows - slam crits hit really hard.

Use slam when your target is rooted in front of you (staggering shout / shockwave), overpower on rogues/other melee with high parry. Overpower is on a quicker GCD vs. slam, but slam packs a bigger punch.

HS is kind of lame now but I still find it useful to get someone in execute range during a high-rage burst.

Yeah, HS does hit like a wet noodle, but OP does actually add uo to doing more damage than Slam. Doing eight OPs instead of four Slams will end up doing more damage. Even if Slam hits for one damage more than half of Slam, it's stronger. Add in the fact that you have eight chances to crit rather than four, and...yeah. :P
03/08/2013 05:55 PMPosted by Shumi

Yeah, HS does hit like a wet noodle, but OP does actually add uo to doing more damage than Slam. Doing eight OPs instead of four Slams will end up doing more damage. Even if Slam hits for one damage more than half of Slam, it's stronger. Add in the fact that you have eight chances to crit rather than four, and...yeah. :P

I don't think this is right.

NON-CRIT Slam does more dmg than Crit OP.

The difference is 20 Rage vs 10 Rage, OP speeding up MS slightly (potentially increasing Enrage uptime), and OP's shorter GCD.

There's a couple things to look at.

Slam scales better with higher Rage income. It is very easy to Rage cap now prioritizing OP above Slam. Due to Rage generation, Slam scales better with both Crit and Haste. Also Slam's dmg scales with Crit much better than OPs does (as OP can hardcap crit thanks to its innate 60% crit value).

I have a hunch there's going to be 2 optimal single target rotations. 1) A pooling phase and 2) a dumping phase.

At low Rage, the rotation looks like what we've seen before MS > CS > OP > Slam. But at high Rage, particularly with the CS debuff up and Enraged, the rotation will switch to MS > CS > Slam > OP (to the point of ignoring OP completely in a rotation). Essentially, when you have CS debuff up and are Enraged your 6 secs will look like MS - Slam - Slam - Slam

Also during Recklessness (and other CDs that may be macro'd in here), it is likely this MS > CS > Slam Rotation will be optimal.

The advantage of the OP rotation is getting more MS's and potentially more Enrage uptime, as well as higher Rage income/lower Rage cost. The advantage of the Slam rotation is raw big hits.

Pretty sure optimal Arms is going to be a process of alternating between these two Rotations.

The difference is 20 Rage vs 10 Rage, OP speeding up MS slightly (potentially increasing Enrage uptime), and OP's shorter GCD.

Slam scales better with higher Rage income. It is very easy to Rage cap now prioritizing OP above Slam. Due to Rage generation, Slam scales better with both Crit and Haste. Also Slam's dmg scales with Crit much better than OPs does (as OP can hardcap crit thanks to its innate 60% crit value).

I have a hunch there's going to be 2 optimal single target rotations. 1) A pooling phase and 2) a dumping phase.

At low Rage, the rotation looks like what we've seen before MS > CS > OP > Slam. But at high Rage, particularly with the CS debuff up and Enraged, the rotation will switch to MS > CS > Slam > OP (to the point of ignoring OP completely in a rotation). Essentially, when you have CS debuff up and are Enraged your 6 secs will look like MS - Slam - Slam - Slam

Also during Recklessness (and other CDs that may be macro'd in here), it is likely this MS > CS > Slam Rotation will be optimal.

The advantage of the OP rotation is getting more MS's and potentially more Enrage uptime, as well as higher Rage income/lower Rage cost. The advantage of the Slam rotation is raw big hits.

Pretty sure optimal Arms is going to be a process of alternating between these two Rotations.

These are interesting points; I will definitely keep your pooling and dumping ideas in mind. Sounds like it could make for some interesting warrior PvE times. One question though, and forgive me if this is common knowledge, but why in the God's good name would warriors use MS before CS? Would it not make more sense to use CS absolutely first all of the time? Am I missing something big here?

Still missing the biggest part where OP Decreases the Cooldown of Mortal Strike, as well as has a lower GCD than any other moves. Damage Per Rage wise Overpower is by far our best ability and should be used pretty much whenever we have stacks.

Any excess rage you get after you've used Dragon Roar, Impending Victory, Stormbolt (If you specced into it, and slam should be pushed into heroic Strike if you risk capping.

More Mortal Strikes also mean more Enrage uptimes which results in all of our damage increasing.

You will NEVER prioritize Slam over Overpower.