Are They Adding Epic Pets in Patch 5.2?

Pet Battles
You know how sometimes when you engage in a pet battle, and the secondary pet appears to be one quality; but because of lag or w/e its quality changes as the fight starts? I've seen some secondary pets flashing purple! Unfortunately they do not stay that way.
5.3 at the soonest, more than likely 5.4. And it more than likely will be a very limited sample of epic pets(one per family).

Source is the warcraftpets 5.2 interview.
http://www.warcraftpets.com/

Epic quality pets will probably come to WoW in patch 5.4 or possibly 5.3. These epic pets will most likely need to be caught, while an epic Battle-Stone is another possibility
03/04/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Elunatic
You know how sometimes when you engage in a pet battle, and the secondary pet appears to be one quality; but because of lag or w/e its quality changes as the fight starts? I've seen some secondary pets flashing purple! Unfortunately they do not stay that way.

I've seen that too, its always the same colour as the pets I've just defeated (either a trainer's legendary/epic pets or a wild battle with a rare).
03/04/2013 10:35 PMPosted by Elunatic

happened to me when I was looking for a rare darkmoon crow. alas, is flashed back to common, and I ended up using a stone. stupid crow.
I'm worried that if they introduce epic pets then I'm going to start feeling like anything that isn't epic isn't worth playing (the way I don't feel like playing with any uncommons currently - they are just collection-filler for me).
yesterday did the darkmoon faire challange and the opposition were all epic 25s agin my rare 25s. and I got smoked.
yesterday did the darkmoon faire challange and the opposition were all epic 25s agin my rare 25s. and I got smoked.

Trainers have epic and legendary pets to make the fights more difficult to make up for the NPC's lack of skill and dynamic gameplay.

There's really no reason that players need epic pets.
I'm nervous about epic pets being added to the game. What happens to PVP? Could be a train wreck.

Also not looking forward to upgrading my 500 rares.
I'm worried that if they introduce epic pets then I'm going to start feeling like anything that isn't epic isn't worth playing (the way I don't feel like playing with any uncommons currently - they are just collection-filler for me).

I agree. And epic battle-stones would be even worse -- then I have to farm dozens of them or only ever use the handful of pets I used the stones on.

Quality is ultimately bad for the (mini)game, IMO. There's the highest possible level, and there's "don't use this if you care about winning".
Spend too much time hunting all rares and all its variation and now they are releasing epic version

Now that's just wasting my time. They should make the stones easier to get. I am not wasting more time hunting down the epic version of each pet I have.
Spend too much time hunting all rares and all its variation and now they are releasing epic version

Now that's just wasting my time. They should make the stones easier to get. I am not wasting more time hunting down the epic version of each pet I have.

Read then rant.

5.3 at the soonest, more than likely 5.4. And it more than likely will be a very limited sample of epic pets(one per family).

Source is the warcraftpets 5.2 interview.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/

Epic quality pets will probably come to WoW in patch 5.4 or possibly 5.3. These epic pets will most likely need to be caught, while an epic Battle-Stone is another possibility
If blizzard does add epic pets, I hope they make it a 1-per-active-team rule, giving rare stones an alternate function - downgrading epic pets so that you could upgrade something else in your primary makeup.
Darkmoon rabbit's a epic well purple on a.h. anyway and go's for 60k on my server... Ive been spanked by one..... Not a fan of them !!.... Well at lease not having one in my team... =P
Darkmoon rabbit's a epic well purple on a.h. anyway and go's for 60k on my server... Ive been spanked by one..... Not a fan of them !!.... Well at lease not having one in my team... =P

Once you learn the Darkmoon Rabbit it is rare quality. The caged pet on the AH is rare quality, the epic version is the unlearned BoE item.
They said it most likely will happen in 5.4
This was happening to me last night and I thought I was losing my mind, it's torture when its a rare you really want and it changes in front of your eyes. I have never seen a purple yet but at least I am forewarned.
Lena that Darkmoon Fair battle is a tough one but with the right team you can kick his butt from here to next Tuesday...oooh hate that guy won't give me my Darkmoon Eye...grumble mumble..where was I? Oh yeah how to whoop his hynnie. Go to Wowhead there is lots of info there with suggestions on which pets to use. I fight him every day of Darkmoon every month, sometimes I win first try, some days it takes several attempts. My favorite team is my Pterrordax, Kunlai runt, then someone who can take out that darn monkey. My apologies for going off topic but I just wanted to offer some help.
For the Darkmoon Faire tamer i use Darkmoon Tonk, Crimson Whelpling (any dragonkin will do though) and Fel Flame. the team ups are as follow:

Dragonkin vs. the Eye (honestly, he's really easy to beat; just need to have a fast dragon)
Fel Flame vs. Honky Tonk (speed doesnt matter here... elementals destroy mechanicals)
Darkmoon Tonk vs. the stupid monkey (only one that gives any trouble; Fluxfire used to be my pet of choice, but he got nerfed badly in 5.2 so i resort to the tonk)