Night elf

New Player Help and Guides
I don't particularly like night elves, but I absolutely love my very first character, a night elf druid. I only play her every so often, but when I do I feel very close to her. Her backstory and all the experiences I had with her really make her special to me. However, as you can see my main character here is Cerylia, and I love blood elves and the Horde.

You could always try what I did as a solution--play a little of both factions when you feel like it. You might find something interesting about the faction you thought you didn't really like. :) After all, it's just a game; might as well enjoy all of it. xD

Otherwise, no--there is no way to be a race from one faction that is on the opposing faction. The only "exception" would be Pandaren, who get to choose which faction they join (but once they do, there is no going back).

Night Elves > Blood Elves.

Having said that, if any patriotic alliance player were to roll horde, the only pretty race would be the blood elves.
Night Elves FTW! When I make a character i choose what looks good, and feels right. Not what's OP for pvp or what gear you get to start with. Nothing silly like that! I chose a Night elf. I love their customization. Put it this way. Humans are cool, but they're plain and when they run they look like my grandpa. Nighelves run young. I might sound weird but with most of my night elf accounts that i've ever played ive had a great bond. Not because they might be OP or anything. Just love the story and the customization and I'm really picky when it comes to character looks. So i never choose humans. As i said, plain and boring. Not saying they're bad or nothing but i just have no fun with them or most other ally races. As i also said humans run like mah grampz.
fwiw, I feel no particular loyalty to the Alliance, their cause, or the whole Ally v. Horde rigamarole. When I can't avoid it, I support the Alliance. When I can, I stay as neutral and unaligned as possible.

My Horde characters tend to feel the same way …
LOL

Night Elves FTW! When I make a character i choose what looks good, and feels right. Not what's OP for pvp or what gear you get to start with. Nothing silly like that! I chose a Night elf. I love their customization. Put it this way. Humans are cool, but they're plain and when they run they look like my grandpa. Nighelves run young. I might sound weird but with most of my night elf accounts that i've ever played ive had a great bond. Not because they might be OP or anything. Just love the story and the customization and I'm really picky when it comes to character looks. So i never choose humans. As i said, plain and boring. Not saying they're bad or nothing but i just have no fun with them or most other ally races. As i also said humans run like mah grampz.
night elves r cool u can customize their face markings and their hair and their skin tone cool funky colors like blue purple and pink. and their hair is cool too many hairstyles and many colors. and their jumping animation is fun
Im flattered.
They way we interact with one another comes in an unlimited number of grey hues. Not everything is black and white. Maybe, just maybe we can look at more than just the time-stamp on a post before we begin dropping our canned replies.

Lighten up. I used a joke to try and get this message to you. When posters bludgeon other posters (ones without the same experience as they do) with rules and conditions, it starves this wonderful place of the fun that needs to be here.

Fostering a welcoming environment is the sunlight to blossoming new players. Creating a safe place where the uninitiated and inexperienced can ask their questions without out fear of trolling or misinformation, without harassment or ridicule, and without draconian book thumping should be our absolute goal.

Players are allowed to make mistakes, here and otherwise. If you seriously have issue with a post, the old mantra "report and move on" continues to ring with truth today. While I agree that necroposts most often can distract and be of little to no value, much like individuals let us take each thread, post and topic into consideration before we ourselves post.
I understand Xunn. I'm fine with people making those mistakes, but thats why I make my post, to tell people it's not something we appreciate on this forum.
Nope. Night Elves are an alliance race. The only race that can pick either Horde OR Alliance (once) is the Pandaren.