The Arms of Pandaria: PVE Arms 5.4

Warrior
Prev 1 3 4 5 24 Next
Nice guide Curoar! Thank god someone is keeping Arms going. Good luck on your sticky. In the mean time since I have acquired 7 days of free WoW time I will put a link of your guide at the top my old one since it's already stickied.

you should return to the game baby. i miss you.
HORROR! How's it going? Idk, I might be on this week sometime but without being able to keep a consistent enough schedule to raid or play at a competitive level WoW has really lost it's interest to me. Dailies and LFR suck suck suck suck!
Indeed. I'm forced to play catch up.

We'll chat when you get on next. This ain't our wall yo. Should be though. Makes it look popular, maybe get stickied faster.
Gratz on the sticky! That was fast haha.
I was doing some testing with stormbolt. On the Raid dummy with self buffed I was bursting 226k. I was seeing crits over 600k. I dont know how stormbolt is not higher than bloodbath if you time your stormbolts during a CS rotation and just miss out on a OP when either trinkets/dancingsteel/or others CDs are up bc it just hits so hard.

I can only imagine the damage it would have if I was using a 522 weapon.

I do think that you have to work StormBolt into the rotation more than you would bloodbath but I think that the damage is definetly there.
I was testing the same, stormbolts hitting REALLY hard and will only get better with a 522/535 weapon. Gotta make sure to get it in a CS.
So do you really still need to gem crit instead of str as arms?
Nice guide. I'm usually fury, but I've been playing around as arms, and I'm curious why overpower reduces MS cooldown. I understand that it does, and I can see why from a gameplay perspective, but I've not seen in anything in MS tooltip or overpower tooltip, or any passive that says that it does.
Grats on the sticky! :D

Man I should probably actually fix mine ._.
Nice guide. I'm usually fury, but I've been playing around as arms, and I'm curious why overpower reduces MS cooldown. I understand that it does, and I can see why from a gameplay perspective, but I've not seen in anything in MS tooltip or overpower tooltip, or any passive that says that it does.

You have 2x thunderforged shellsplitters, and...arms?
All of my hatred, bro.
"You're getting the gist of it correctly. You should have to burn off rage with Heroic Strike frequently, and slam should feel like it's seldomly pushed (Once you used Dragon Roar and Impending Victory).

Mortal Strike takes priority to everything even Colossus Smash. "

pardon me but can u kindly explain why is that so?
To illustrate how powerful the 100% buff to Deep Wounds is:

Was in LFR Windlord, opened with Berserker Rage, Thunderclap, [Recklessness+Skull Banner], [Bladestorm+Bloodbath+Sweeping Strikes+Trinket], MS, OP, OP, Thunderclap.

Got placed inside amber afterwards, and the !@#$% didn't bother breaking me free, and I eventually died.

Deep Wounds had higher damage done than Bladestorm for those few seconds that I was alive.

From this, I'm sorta guessing Thunderclap (due to Deep Wounds) might have a higher DPR potential than Whirlwind. And with that said, what's a good reason/argument to use Whirlwind over Thunderclap in an AoE rotation for a filler?

Of course, my claims can be disputed with hard evidence, maths, and logs, but for now, it's something to consider.
the way i have been playing aoe dps (i could be wrong) is to use thunderclap to put up deep wounds and use MS>OP>OP>WW with sweeping strikes up. whirlwind hits really hard with sweeping strikes and because it's only 20 rage for arms you can actually get a extra ww in every other rotation (MS>OP>WW>WW). i find thunderclap by itself doesn't hit extremely hard its just useful for spreading deep wounds.
03/12/2013 01:42 AMPosted by Horrack

All of my hatred, bro.

My apologies for wanting to understand every spec of the class I play? Allow me to reiterate, because you apparently didn't comprehend it the first time. I am usually fury, that would imply i'm usually fury in raids. I've been playing around as arms, I'm testing arms on dailies and lfr to see how it works. And you completely ignore the question, so, w/e.
Does anyone have a complete trinket breakdown list like the one on the fury sticky? Arms trink priority list will be slightly different..
03/12/2013 10:27 PMPosted by Gremalkin

All of my hatred, bro.

My apologies for wanting to understand every spec of the class I play? Allow me to reiterate, because you apparently didn't comprehend it the first time. I am usually fury, that would imply i'm usually fury in raids. I've been playing around as arms, I'm testing arms on dailies and lfr to see how it works. And you completely ignore the question, so, w/e.

That...was friendly sarcasm. But okay, it's just a hidden effect. I don't -really- know which layer of why you want; the effect exists because arms dps was GCD capped at an awful amount of dps without it.

Do you need to make an addon see the effect itself for some reason? OmniCC will dynamically show the cooldown as OP reduces it.
so i have been goin back and forth for the past few days on what the deal is , MR robot keeps puting mastery over haste by like .5 in the weights and when i followed the guide that says haste>mastery i saw a nice dps increase but when i did mr robot set up i saw a dps loss

all my tests were on raid dummy and it was about a 5-10k diff with haste coming out better

any reason mr.robot is still saying mastery ? anyone able to shed some light on this for me please. i understand that with the legendary gem and other rppm trinkets make haste better but other than that im confused...

and whats the deal with some people saying CS>MS and others saying MS>CS

just trying to be all i can be and wrap my head around it. Thanks in advance!
I've always liked arms both pvp and pve. It feels better to me and you don't have to get a second weapon which is something I would hate with my crappy rng luck.
so i have been goin back and forth for the past few days on what the deal is , MR robot keeps puting mastery over haste by like .5 in the weights and when i followed the guide that says haste>mastery i saw a nice dps increase but when i did mr robot set up i saw a dps loss

all my tests were on raid dummy and it was about a 5-10k diff with haste coming out better

any reason mr.robot is still saying mastery ? anyone able to shed some light on this for me please. i understand that with the legendary gem and other rppm trinkets make haste better but other than that im confused...

mrrobot is wrong, haste>mastery. The meta gem and RPPM trinkets will make the difference in weight even bigger, but it's true even now.

MS>CS because if lets you fit more rage-efficient abilities into your CS window. MS-CS-[OP-OP-MS-OP-OP]-MS. (As opposed to CS-[MS-OP-OP-SL-MS]-). Rage efficiency will allow you to fit in more HSs during CS too, especially as you get more haste. Also, OP has +60% crit chance, so using 4 of them within a CS will most often yield higher results than a slam.

mrrobot is wrong, haste>mastery. The meta gem and RPPM trinkets will make the difference in weight even bigger, but it's true even now.

MS>CS because if lets you fit more rage-efficient abilities into your CS window. MS-CS-[OP-OP-MS-OP-OP]-MS. (As opposed to CS-[MS-OP-OP-SL-MS]-). Rage efficiency will allow you to fit in more HSs during CS too, especially as you get more haste. Also, OP has +60% crit chance, so using 4 of them within a CS will most often yield higher results than a slam.
awesome thanks so much for the clarification on the 2 subjects i can rest easy now lol

one more thing i noticed that Mrrobot is telling me to gem str over the crit , is it wrong in that reguard aswell?

i guess i need to start getting used to running sims on my own toon to figure out the weights this is just the first time i can really recall that mrrobot has fouled me up with the weights like this