Why was selfless healer nerfed?

Paladin
Post Limit:
My understanding is that they changed it to give a lesser benefit but you would also get the stacks from holy shock.

So the HS part was removed, but not the overall nerf. I've been toying around with selfless healer and it doesn't even seem that good before the nerf.

What am I missing? Was it too powerful in PvP or something?
It was nerfed because Ret's Flash of Light got a major buff. I guess Blizzard doesn't think Holy or Prot use it enough to cause an issue for them.
They probably didn't want us having a too powerful combo of Flash with the new set bonus. It would've been incredibly amazing if they left it as is.
read all the patch notes :x
It's a buff, look at the patch notes. Nerf for protection/holy, and a moderate buff for retribution.
Why was this nerfed? It was the ability of any spec besides Ret to have such a buff to their heals, as mentioned previously.

I'm awaiting the Ret pally Flash of Light buff, just to try and see if it's around the same amount of healing. The amount of mana used remains the same, I believe.
03/05/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Keten
It was nerfed because Ret's Flash of Light got a major buff. I guess Blizzard doesn't think Holy or Prot use it enough to cause an issue for them.

That makes sense. I don't play ret at all so I was wondering why would they nerf a talent that (from my point of view) absolutely no one uses, lol.

So I take it that ret pallies favor SH a lot over sacred shield / eternal flame?
03/05/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Nemuraan
So I take it that ret pallies favor SH a lot over sacred shield / eternal flame?

Yup
Why was this nerfed? It was the ability of any spec besides Ret to have such a buff to their heals, as mentioned previously.

yeah but for Prot you'll almost always want sacred shield since it scales amazingly well with vengeance. And for Holy blanketing the raid with HoTs that generate illuminated healing is miles ahead of a single free FoL now and then. So Prot / Holy never choose it anyway.

To me it would be like nerfing a mage's Ice Ward. It's a talent I've honestly never seen any mage take. So the first reaction was "wait, what? why would you nerf the most useless talent of a tier?"

Except now I know that rets actually take it :P
03/05/2013 11:55 AMPosted by Lobster
*Lol Chaz I almost beat you :P

Nope