A little lock discussion.

Warlock
Let me start off by saying hello to all of my fellow warlocks.

It is an honor to be here. This is my first thread I have ever made on these forums.

I have never been the greatest player and that is fine by me. I play this game for fun, and usually whenever I can step into character and play on my warlock I enjoy the game. However, last night, for the first time ever, I took part in the "For the Horde" achievement and fought against the Alliance leaders.

It was amazing. We only killed Varian Wrynn, but it was one of the most fun times I have ever experienced in this game. It is something I have always wanted to do since playing WoW back in Vanilla. I was never a hardcore player, but playing casually and working hard when I could, I was able to do one of my long time goals. Even just 1/4th of the achievement was breathtaking.

I can actually say the experience motivated me. I don't expect to be able to drop a ton of time into this game since my real life is so busy. However, I would really enjoy being able to be the best warlock I can be in the time I do have. I want to experience more fun things about this game, and I was hoping to come here to the Warlocks ermm.. Den? Crypt? Library? Mausoleum? (What the hell would you call this place?) in order to learn from some of the better players.

I want to try and update when I can, and any advice is appreciated. My profile is easily viewed and I would love suggestions.

P.S. To make this more interesting, how about you also share stories of times that you loved on your Warlock? Whether it was stepping into character and finding an item of the Old Gods with Archaeology or slaying a horde of foes. I would love help, but I also don't want this thread to be all about me. :)

~Æternitas
03/01/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Æternitas
I was hoping to come here to the Warlocks ermm.. Den? Crypt? Library? Mausoleum? (What the hell would you call this place?)
Shack of Horrors.

Also, My most memorable moment would have to be back in the Sunwell days. I loved fighting everyone over just simple dailies, I even had a rival back then that I would try my best to always kill at least once a day :).

Another time I enjoyed was camping the teleporting spawn inside Wintergrasp fortress as destruction. I would also bring some friends along and aoe players down at the vendor XD It was extremely fun.
More often than not, When I'm playing on my lock, and a nice AOE situation of any sort comes up, I enter a "Sith Lord" monologue which usually ends with me popping GrimServ and bladestorming, with gul'dans down in meta screaming:

"UNNNNNLLLLIIIMMMMMMMMMEEEETTTTTEEEEEEDDDDDDDDD"
"POOOOWWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

I'm sorry, but no other class really has that feel to me.
More often than not, When I'm playing on my lock, and a nice AOE situation of any sort comes up, I enter a "Sith Lord" monologue which usually ends with me popping GrimServ and bladestorming, with gul'dans down in meta screaming:

Elemental shaman and chain lightning/overload procs.
I love that story haha. Nothing wrong with rivals. I feel like Warlock is a class that is just meant to pvp (lore-wise).

Rather random, but does anyone else love dailies? I can't get enough of them.
I love that story haha. Nothing wrong with rivals. I feel like Warlock is a class that is just meant to pvp (lore-wise).

Rather random, but does anyone else love dailies? I can't get enough of them.

Elemental shaman and chain lightning/overload procs.

That comes nowhere close to the visual of 2 chaos waves with 2 demons bladestorming while you're turned into a demon...nowhere close lol
03/01/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Æternitas
It is something I have always wanted to do since playing WoW back in Vanilla
No offense but you don't seem to be a vanilla player... especially on that warlock....

Anyways advice...
1. spirit doesn't do anything for you, get rid of it. it's like getting agility or strength.
2. Archimonde's vengeance is in the toilet right now, since pvp is all about burst and warlocks don't have the tanking/selfheaing they used to. for aff you want kil'jaeden's cunning (which you have), for destro you want kfc (for arena) or manoroth's fury (for rated bgs, though with the nerf next patch im not sure i you still want it) and for demo you most likely want MF (since your spells are mostly instant and can be cast while running)
3. you don't really want unbound will. it's too much of a health cost. burning rush currently stinks but is going to be fixed next patch. i think i'll be taking blood fear in 5.2 however, just because.
4. it says your aff but using things like glyph of demon hunting... that only works for demonology.
5. try to get either pvp or pve gear, don't go for both right away. usually that just makes you have 2 bad gear sets.