Follow Command In Battlgrounds?

Technical Support
In battlegrounds, the /follow command returns the error: You cannot follow that unit.

Undocumented change or bug?
Fenril ,

Working as intended as far as I can tell.
An interesting change after 8 years.
This seems like a pretty drastic change considering how understanding Blizzard is of multiboxers in general.
Wait what about multiboxers they use /follow for everything?
What's the purpose of this change? I imagine it was an action against bots in BGs, but very few, if any, modern bots appear to be using follow (they run around set paths and attack and what not). It seems to just break multiboxing in battlegrounds.

BTW blue, your original post was edited, did it not first say something along the lines of "you aren't supposed to follow people in battlegrounds" the first time, and not say "as far as I can tell"?
BTW blue, your original post was edited, did it not first say something along the lines of "you aren't supposed to follow people in battlegrounds" the first time, and not say "as far as I can tell"?

http://i.imgur.com/8pGZUBH.png
Fenril ,

Working as intended as far as I can tell.

Why did you reword this after I posted a screenshot in a ticket about your instant reply:

"Working as intended. You aren't suppose to /follow people in Battlegrounds."

You lost a 20 boxer as a subscriber because of your original response so you know. Reference my phone conversation ticket if you don't believe me.

Phone issue (Ticket US35987254)

Ban me all you want, but you really stepped your lines Mr. Blue! I don't care all my subs are done. :) I'll pay someone else $300/mo for another game, since you've really stepped over the lines with the rest of your /troll community:

http://i.imgur.com/8pGZUBH.png
Very interested if this is intended.
This isn't really a Technical Support issue. If you'd like to discuss it, I suggest using the General Discussion forum as it's the appropriate location.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/984270/

I edited my first post as I realized people might over-react to what was essentially my personal opinion. I don't believe people should be /following in Battlegrounds but that's not necessarily Blizzard's stance, just mine personally.
03/05/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Funnything
What's the purpose of this change? I imagine it was an action against bots in BGs, but very few, if any, modern bots appear to be using follow (they run around set paths and attack and what not). It seems to just break multiboxing in battlegrounds.

Exactly. Anyone who actually plays the game knows that /follow bots are a thing of the past and that they utilize features that are much more advanced these days. Without notice Blizzard has eliminated the follow command in battlegrounds which has crippled a legitimate, yet unsupported, play style that has been tolerated (and defended) by Blizzard publicly for over 8 years without notice.
Cry me a river.
@Omrakos:
So... Does Blizzard pay you to post your personal opinion, or to actually, y'know, post vis a vis Technical Support?

This seems like a perfect post for the Technical Support forums. Before 5.2 went live, you could use /follow in Battlegrounds. On the 5.2 PTR, you could use /follow in BGs. After 5.2 went live, you get an error message.

That sounds like a textbook issue to post about for technical support.
03/05/2013 03:05 PMPosted by Omrakos
This isn't really a Technical Support issue. If you'd like to discuss it, I suggest using the General Discussion forum as it's the appropriate location.

The General Discussion forum is the appropriate forum to submit bugs about broken features? Is that really the answer? You and I both know it's going to end up being flooded with unregulated and unmoderated trolls since it seems to be aimed at multiboxers.

If it's not a "technical issue" then by all means feel free to move this thread to the appropriate bug/broken feature discussion forum (e.g. not General Discussion).
Locking thread as it's not a Technical Support issue. Please post in General Discussion.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/984270/
This is the last straw for me.

Lack of any player driven content and redundant changes like this that only hurt legitimate players have done it.

I can only imagine how many multiboxers will be unsubscribing today. I am one of them.

I will take my $150/mo elsewhere.