Open Libram LXX: Lord of Thunder

Paladin
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
I stole Krol the Blade from an alliance mage just now. He had Krol at 50% and then I jumped down and HoJ'd him. He blinked into Devastating Arc. It was a good day.

grommash is a rare ninja. so many times i've shown up to look for one to see him flying away.

i do think the rare spawns with nifty loot, as well as the rare items spawns in pandaria are a really awsome idea they came up with. i see a lot more people, and run into a lot more random world pvp because people are hunting for them

I was there a couple weeks ago looking for a warrior name and I came across a thread about how the changes to D stance would make them free hk. I couldn't stop laughing.

i ran across a thread claiming warriors had poor defensive cooldowns a while back. there are a couple claiming that warriors have poor mobility as well.

i have no idea how the warrior community hasn't imploded from it's collective stupidity by now.

my new favorite is the one complaining about how they don't get OP procs when MS gets parried.
In honor of 5.2 and new weapons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7z57qrZU8

I always get that song in my head Shouting in Skyrim.
Considering the general Paladin community I don't think we have much room to talk smack.

Ok

HS?

High school?

Well you certainly have the general mentality of a high schooler down most of the time. :P
High school?

Well you certainly have the general mentality of a high schooler down most of the time. :P

Horse S#(t

Cause yknow, ponies.

=p

Grog got it.
Horse S#(t

Cause yknow, ponies.
=p

Oh.

Where there's my whoosh moment for the day.

Still getting to call you a high schooler was worth it.
03/04/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Considering the general Paladin community I don't think we have much room to talk smack.

eh, i think the paladin community, particularly the ret community has a strong tendency to always think they are the victim, and play oppression olympics with everyone, and on some level its justified, ret has been dealt some pretty !@#$ty hands over the years. warriors have an over inflated sense of entitlement, and a very poor grasp of themselves in the grand scheme of balance. as far as warriors are concerned no one has any right to nerf them because they deserve to be the best simply by the virtue of being warriors.

there are a lot of dumb bad rets out there, but the level of dumb and bad the warrior community produces is much larger. seriously, go read the warrior forums. its hilarious. i venture its even worse then the DDF.
03/04/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Still getting to call you a high schooler was worth it

Pot calling kettle black.

eh, i think the paladin community, particularly the ret community has a strong tendency to always think they are the victim, and play oppression olympics with everyone, and on some level its justified, ret has been dealt some pretty !@#$ty hands over the years. warriors have an over inflated sense of entitlement, and a very poor grasp of themselves in the grand scheme of balance. as far as warriors are concerned no one has any right to nerf them because they deserve to be the best simply by the virtue of being warriors

Blame the Vanilla crew, the reason paladins were so terrible and warriors were so good was that they were all butthurt ex EQ Warrior players that got outclassed by Paladins.
03/04/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Hafleur
15: Clemency resets hands

Eh, I rather like Clemency as is.

03/04/2013 01:48 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Guess that wont matter in the next patch with the multi tagging stuffs.

Griefing the opposing faction always matters.
03/04/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Snozberries
Eh, I rather like Clemency as is.

Sorry, that's what I meant. Leave Clemency as is (Double Time) and change Unbreakable Spirit to work like Juggernaut (flat CD reduction) for hand spells. Then bake part of the old US into baseline Prot and Ret -- either give both a 45 sec DP and 3 min Bubble, or just give Prot the former and Ret the latter.

Hand of Purity fits the tier's theme very well in that it's a brand new hand spell (and on a short CD which is cool), but I wish the effect was a little less situational. I thought I'd be okay with this, but I find myself choosing Purity less than 1% of the time and that's just not useful enough.
03/04/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Hafleur
Hand of Purity fits the tier's theme very well in that it's a brand new hand spell (and on a short CD which is cool), but I wish the effect was a little less situational. I thought I'd be okay with this, but I find myself choosing Purity less than 1% of the time and that's just not useful enough.

Yeah, trying Purity on heroic Bladelord, arguably one of the ideal fights for HoPur, it was still less useful than double sac and double hop. It just doesn't stand up well to Clemency.
03/04/2013 01:24 PMPosted by Cadenbrie
Like ponies.

Ponies, politics, ethics, cosplay, fetishes, lore, anime...

It's all very on-topic.
Ponies, politics, and purples!
03/04/2013 03:19 PMPosted by Iliriel
Ponies, politics, and purples!

the politics of purple ponies?
03/04/2013 03:30 PMPosted by Kaljiri
the politics of purple ponies?

The politics, lore, and ethics of purple pony fetish anime cosplay.
So furries?
03/04/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
So furries?

I was thinking more along the lines of ponies cosplaying tsundere and moe, but that works too I suppose.
03/04/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Pot calling kettle black.

Guilty as charged, well sometimes.

Yeah, trying Purity on heroic Bladelord, arguably one of the ideal fights for HoPur, it was still less useful than double sac and double hop. It just doesn't stand up well to Clemency.

I feel similarly, I've tried to justify switching to Purity on some fights this Tier but I can never quite justify it for giving up a double sac or a double HoP.

I'm rarely tempted to give up Clemency and when I do it's for US. I really like US but sometimes my raid group just sadly needs the extra Hands I can dish out with Clemency.

I'm glad they're buffing Purity but it won't be enough IMO, although I certainly don't want Clemency nerfed.

Ponies, politics, ethics, cosplay, fetishes, lore, anime...

It's all very on-topic.

Diverse, mostly intelligent and very weird conversations. What else could one want out of the Libram?
Purity might be a good tank CD from now on considering they're favoring DoT tank swap mechanics so much these days.
03/04/2013 03:52 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Purity might be a good tank CD from now on considering they're favoring DoT tank swap mechanics so much these days.

I guess with it's added buff.

I still prefer US when I'm Tanking it up, feels like you have Divine Protection all the time.
Well yea if you're the tank you'd run US

For a holy paladin or a ret for tank utility, Purity might not be bad.