Gemming in 5.2

Warlock
Post Limit:
Now that Supremacy is becoming mandatory in 5.2, and pets don't benefit from mastery, is Affliction going to be prioritizing 160 int in red sockets, and 80 int/160 mastery in yellow?
Hard to say. Mastery is still amazing for Affliction and the Haunt buff increases that. We'll just have to wait til live and start plugging things into SimC when it updates for the patch and see what the stat weights are.
affliction may no longer be the top ranking spec for locks in 5.2 with all the damage increases that they have been listing lately for the other specs. or it will be even
point being that it might not change how you gem when the other specs may become the top spec for warlocks over afflic

but with all these changes the gemming may stay the same.
03/02/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Darkjackal
point being that it might not change how you gem when the other spec may become the top spec over afflic

It's a discussion about Affliction, not about WW monk. Affliction may still be the top spec for affliction, it's just not the top spec BY FAR.
03/02/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Hankuley
Affliction may still be the top spec for affliction
This is likely true
point being that it might not change how you gem when the other specs may become the top spec for warlocks over afflic

but with all these changes the gemming may stay the same.

The read was referring to how gemming for affliction will change in 5.2

Your posts have in no way contributed to the topic of discussion, nor have they provided relevant background information relevant to the discussion.
03/02/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Loktronotron
Affliction may still be the top spec for affliction
This is likely true

also the bottom and middle.
03/03/2013 01:43 AMPosted by Methalos
This is likely true

also the bottom and middle.

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

I think Destro is a good contender for middle of the pack affliction spec.
Perhaps. Perhaps not.

I think Destro is a good contender for middle of the pack affliction spec.

You might have missed what happened there.
Based on the sims, at least last I checked, we're going to be stacking haste in BiS gear, as will the vast majority of other classes. This is largely due to the RPPM trinkets and meta gem.
03/03/2013 09:48 AMPosted by Vreivai
Based on the sims, at least last I checked, we're going to be stacking haste in BiS gear, as will the vast majority of other classes. This is largely due to the RPPM trinkets and meta gem.

And how better is haste compared to mastery in those sims? 20% better? 5%?
Wait, even with the GoSac plus Haunt changes GoSup still wins until scaling?

Since when?
03/03/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Noctowl
On live, haste is superior to mastery with Sup to a certain point, that point around 20%, the specific rating I'm not too sure of, but I know there's an agony tick somewhere up there, at which point the scaling of mastery and haste become about even.
Agony has a threshold at 6400 haste which is 20.81%
Hard to say, but I believe their intention is to keep the traditional stat values valid with Red Int gems being the best for those slots. The way gems worked out for this patch was, I believe, just a fluke.

We'll see.
If they didn't want secondary gems to be more valuable they probably shouldn't have made them give 2x the stats.