Thinking of starting here:

Proudmoore
Hello, I am thinking of making my first alliance character on this server and was hoping someone could answer some questions.

Are there a lot of active alliance players? I come from one of the biggest Horde servers and want around the same player base for alliance.

Do a lot of people still run old content? I really enjoy running old content from BC/Wrath/Cata for transmog, so I like for tradechat to always have some old content raids looking for more.

Do people pug 10 mans? I usually will just do LFR or Pug 10 mans because I have a very strange schedule this year and don't have a set time for raiding, so I would prefer a realm that does pug some of the new content.
1. Yes
2. Yes, from what I've seen there still is.
3. Not sure, not always in trade looking for raids.
To answer #3 (since Birdy wasn't sure), I see people asking for more for 10 mans all the time.
03/03/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Youthful
Are there a lot of active alliance players? I come from one of the biggest Horde servers and want around the same player base for alliance.
You're coming to one of the largest Alliance Communities. It's a full server with I believe a 4:1 ratio of alliance to horde.

Do a lot of people still run old content? I really enjoy running old content from BC/Wrath/Cata for transmog, so I like for tradechat to always have some old content raids looking for more.
definitely.

Do people pug 10 mans?
Constantly.
Proudmoore was at its height during Wrath, and has died off considerably since then.
Bear in mind that people who prefer to play Horde are generally of a much different mindset than people who play Alliance. If you aren't familiar with the difference, it can be an unwelcome experience; and a very expensive one should you want to switch back.

If this is your first time on a predominantly Alliance server, I would seriously suggest rolling a human toon and camping out in Stormwind at various times of the day/day of the week to get an idea of what you're getting into.

Personally, I find Alliance to be way too overrun with children (both chronologically and mentally) who want to be the "good guys" and subject to all the immature garbage that goes along with that. Your mileage may vary.