Assassination Rogue PvP 5.2? New Buffs!

Rogue
Post Limit:
So with the buffs that Assassination Rogues have been receiving in 5.2 such as:

Damage of Evenom increased by 20%.

Damage of Dispatch increased by 15%.

Assassin's Resolve buffed from increased damage with daggers from 20% to 30% .

150 Energy now for Assassination rogues (130 for Sub).

Prep Base lined.

1 Min Cloak.

ST (Toss) with the Auto attack and Deadly poison application.

Deadly throw's Interrupt and its 3,4,6 second silence scaling with 3,4,5 combo points.

etc.

Do You think Assassination will be the ideal PvP spec in 5.2? Why or not? :)
Recent DPS Tweaks

- Might of the Frozen Wastes includes melee damage by 20%, up from 15%.
- Icy Talons increases attack speed by 30%, up from 25%.
- Threat of Thassarian now increases Frost Strike damage by 50%, up from 40%.
- Assassin's Resolve now increases damage by 30%, up from 20%.
- Shadow Word: Pain damage increased by 25%.

By Ghostcrawler >>>> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923993861?page=114#new-post
I think we will all have to wait but i think sub might just be better because of its control.
Sub probably still better in burst comps, sin better in pressure comps.

Both Sub and Sin will be viable.

Sin already strong in rbg I think, right? Only going to put more pressure out now.
You know looking at the buffs and the plays styles of sub and sin. I would almost think blizzard is making sub a fight starter and sin a fight finisher. As it is now sub can crank up the burst almost immediately while assassination really can't. But god help you if you get low on health against a sin rogue, once that dispatch spam starts bend over and kiss yo !@# goodbye.

Looking at it that way a 2s rogue team 1 sub 1 assassination, might make an effective combo.
Unfortunately, Dance+Cloak and Dagger is too good to go assassination :(

Looking at it that way a 2s rogue team 1 sub 1 assassination, might make an effective combo.

I think it would be a good way for average players to grab increased rating cap in 2s.
In the wise words of reckful, PvP is about control, not damage.
I am going to give mutilate a shot in rbgs this season, but sub will still be king for arena without a doubt.
Imagine that you have snd and rupture up, you pool around 130 energy, then you Cloak, pop your trinket with Shadow Blades, Maybe even Vendetta if you wanted. Then you proceed to Mut, Evenom, Mut, Evenom, Mut, Evenom, etc until you dispatch and Evenom til death.

That is Crazy Strong, it is the assassination rogue's version of a dance, which has the potential to be even more deadly than A trinketed Shadowdance.

I don't see many classes making it out of that when you pop cloak and have your defensive trinket up.
I think we will all have to wait but i think sub might just be better because of its control.
03/05/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Everian

I wish. MoP is a different beast unfortunately.
03/05/2013 11:18 AMPosted by States

I wish. MoP is a different beast unfortunately.
03/05/2013 10:47 AMPosted by Everian

Yeah, i've seen some of his videos, all he does is control... :rolleyes:
03/05/2013 11:33 AMPosted by Tsume

Without control, damage means near nothing. A healer not being controlled efficiently will out heal your damage without a problem.

edit: :rolleyes:
03/05/2013 12:12 PMPosted by Everian

Without control, damage means near nothing. A healer not being controlled efficiently will out heal your damage without a problem.

edit: :rolleyes:

yea but if you had enough damage you could just boff that healer and game over right?
bump

^This.

I've been playing range DPS for years and I always despised Rogues for 2 reasons: 1) Stealth, 2) Their CC.

Focus on the DPS at the expense of your CC at your peril.

That said, these are some great DPS buffs.