Holy Pally 5.2 Super Squishy

Paladin
After this last patch it really seems like Holy Pallys are just about useless. With max resil we are still getting hit for insane amounts of damage with no way to keep up with it. Its seems to me that if there are not some major changes made to this class you will see next to few in bgs any more. When you can get killed in one cc 123 dead does not seem to fair. I alwasy disliked the fact the Priest had insane ccs with very little cool downs but tried to not let it get to me because we as Pally healers had plate armor which meant we could take damage without needing aoe cc. But after this last patch with the way they changed the scaling of pvp resil stats we are now suffering big time. We lost our ability to get free crit flash heals which left us with only casting heals which get kicked everytime, once you get kicked you are dead as a Holy Pally.

Here are just some thought on some changes that would help this class out so they are not so squishy.

1. 15-20% atleast damage reduction buff atleast, kinda like d stance that warriors have. I fell like we should get this because we are plate healers with no way to peel out when attacked so we should get some sort of damage buff to help us out.

2. Blessed life glyph should be a passive ability for holy pallys back like it was on cata.

3. Holy shock crits should give us a instance Flash of light like in cata.

4. Eternal Flame should be undispellable if self casted on Holy Pally

*EDIT MOST HOLY PALLYS WILL LIKE THIS*
5. A new glyph to replace rebuke with a judgement interpute that causes judgement to have a 10 sec cool down but if casted while target is casting will interpute for 5 sec. I suggest this because we take so much damage from casters . If we had a glyph like this it would help out alot on slowing down some of the massive amounts of damage we take from casters.
good 1
I mean we really are way out classed in this patch. We are a plate healer, we should not be getting 2-3 shoted to our death. We dont have the fears or hots that cant be dispelled to help us. We only have 2 instance cast heals and the rest are casting heals that are kicked with little effort. Our only means of escape is hand of freedom which is dispelled as soon as you use it. Bubble is on 5 min cd.

After putting more thought into it, one of the main problems is the crazy ccs that dps has right now. I feel like when they made the changes to resil stats they didnt take into account all the ccs that dps has. Our resil was the only thing that helped keep us alive. What we really need to get us back to where we should be as plate healer is 20% damage reduction buff and I think that would help our class out to keep us on par with the other Healing classes.
Maybe you should hit level cap before complaining about our class.

Who is to say I havent? Not trying to be rude or a troll but comments like the one you just made are the reason why the class we are in, is in the shape that it is......... Also judging by your stats you really shouldnt be commenting on this class.

^This (post on your main if hes maxed)

03/07/2013 10:21 AMPosted by Kayleme
I alwasy disliked the fact the Priest had insane ccs with very little cool downs but tried to not let it get to me because we as Pally healers had plate armor which meant we could take damage without needing aoe cc.

You obviously know nothing about priests, getting 2-3 shot with no opportunity to heal was like all last patch for us, and our fears are very easy to counter for almost every class(paladins being one of those that are more susceptible)
Low level pvp is super important to the Devs. Really.
It doesn't help that you are lvl 70 but it does seem like hpallys take a lot of dmg from casters. I wouldnt say it feels worse then 5.1 but its true we can be blown up very fast in a deep freeze or a cs but the class also has strengths like surviving melee burst.
You obviously know nothing about priests, getting 2-3 shot with no opportunity to heal was like all last patch for us, and our fears are very easy to counter for almost every class(paladins being one of those that are more susceptible)

This class has almost always been a super strong class. If you suffered slightly in the last few months of the patch it has to be the first in a super long time. Best threes teams for years has been Priest rogue mage. Also if you look at last patch pally class got little to no buffs what so ever. It was so bad that if you didnt look closely for us you couldnt even find notes for pallys. The only thing that Holy Pallys got in this patch was nerfs to ccs and that is it. With did get buff to ET but sad to say this is dispelled every time its up.
hpallys are OP theres no other way to put it really, I click flash heal FULL hp yeah no skill then again resto shamans click riptide full hp GG.

Id also like to discuss the Loh ability I have been trying to for years to remove this ability from the GCD and be useable in arenas , but instead of an insta heal heres my idea.
heals the target for 100% of their life over 6seconds this affect cannot be dispelled and is on a 7minute cd.

If you also agree they should change LOH subscibe to twitchtv.BringbackLOH
hpallys are OP theres no other way to put it really, I click flash heal FULL hp yeah no skill then again resto shamans click riptide full hp GG.

Sorry but this comment comming from a ret pally? Also flash of light does not heal to full health noob. If you TALENT it with judgement talent and get three stacks it does but noobs like you just dont get that. Also if you read my post you would see I clearly said this KICK A HOLY PALLY KILL A HOLLY PALLY. Flash heal is slow casting heal that it is easily kicked by almost every class.

One reason why pally class will never grow in this game is becuase of comments like the one you just made. Play and get your facts stright before you comment about the class please. I am not trying to troll you its just your comment is based on a talent (that if stacked 3 times can in fact heal the way you say) that should not be a talent for Holy Pally class but instead a pasive ability as in cata.
03/07/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Kayleme

Who is to say I havent? Not trying to be rude or a troll but comments like the one you just made are the reason why the class we are in, is in the shape that it is......... Also judging by your stats you really shouldnt be commenting on this class.

If you have then post on your main character. Posting on a level 70 paladin gives your post absolutely no validity.

03/07/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Kayleme

This class has almost always been a super strong class. If you suffered slightly in the last few months of the patch it has to be the first in a super long time. Best threes teams for years has been Priest rogue mage. Also if you look at last patch pally class got little to no buffs what so ever. It was so bad that if you didnt look closely for us you couldnt even find notes for pallys. The only thing that Holy Pallys got in this patch was nerfs to ccs and that is it. With did get buff to ET but sad to say this is dispelled every time its up.

This past season priests haven't even been close to "super strong". Holy paladins were arguably the best healer last season. Don't believe me? Look at the title statistics. Correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe there were more holy paladins in the gladiator teams then any other healer.

Holy paladin didn't get any buffs in the patch, you're correct. Why would they though? They were in a pretty good place. We don't need any buffs at the moment.

Do we get blown up by mages pretty easy? Yes.

Can it be avoided? Somewhat, yes. We do have a 40% spell damage reduction.

Seriously complaining about having to hard cast heals? Paladins have pretty strong instant heals as it is. Having to hard cast a few flash heals isn't going to hurt. It promotes learning how to play at a higher skill level (fake casting).

Overall though holy paladins are fine. Please quit complaining. You don't seem to have a good grasp on the holy paladin class or otherwise you wouldn't be saying the things you are.

p.s: Don't post complaints if you don't have any VALID information to back them up.
This past season priests haven't even been close to "super strong". Holy paladins were arguably the best healer last season. Don't believe me? Look at the title statistics. Correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe there were more holy paladins in the gladiator teams then any other healer.

****As stated if you read what i had posted you would see I said that they have infact suffer sightly this LAST patch but for the most part have been on top of the stats for years.***

Holy paladin didn't get any buffs in the patch, you're correct. Why would they though? They were in a pretty good place. We don't need any buffs at the moment.

***Totaly false^^^^^^When you changed they way other classes are played it changes they way we are affected. 5.1 we were in a good place but this thread is not about 5.1 its about 5.2 if you read post you would have know that.***

***This ability can not be used while cced***
***Three min cd on other ability and its only for like 6 sec...........***

Seriously complaining about having to hard cast heals? Paladins have pretty strong instant heals as it is. Having to hard cast a few flash heals isn't going to hurt. It promotes learning how to play at a higher skill level (fake casting).

***We have two instance casts thats it. You try faking macros that auto kick.***

Overall though holy paladins are fine. Please quit complaining. You don't seem to have a good grasp on the holy paladin class or otherwise you wouldn't be saying the things you are.

p.s: Don't post complaints if you don't have any VALID information to back them up.

***LMAO NOOB WHY DONT YOU JUST CHECK HOW MUCH TIME I HAVE ON THIS ONE TOON ALMOST 200 DAYS OF PLAY TIME GET YOUR FACTS STRIGHT BEFOR YOU TELL ME I DONT HAVE A CLUE HOW TO PLAY THE CLASS. AS A MATTER OF FACT YOU PUT AS MUCH TIME INTO ONE CLASS AS I HAVE BEFORE YOU EVEN TRY TO TROLL ME AGAIN.***

***Totaly false^^^^^^When you changed they way other classes are played it changes they way we are affected. 5.1 we were in a good place but this thread is not about 5.1 its about 5.2 if you read post you would have know that.***

Haha you my friend are a jokester. The changes to other classes don't effect us much at all. You act like every single other class got buffed and we got nerfed, but this isn't the case. Can you not read what I said ? The first part of my statement was talking about the "patch", which is 5.2 incase you didn't know...

***This ability can not be used while cced***
***Three min cd on other ability and its only for like 6 sec...........***

Oh I'm sorry, I forgot you don't have any skill. When you see a mage turn red, that is a good indicator to use that damage reduction ability. You can count 8/10 that deep freeze will follow soon after.

To clarify: I'm not saying that you won't get solo'd by a mage by using this mitigation but rather the process can be delayed and in return allow your teammates to peel for you.

***We have two instance casts thats it. You try faking macros that auto kick.***

You must be trolling..."try faking macros that auto kick"? If that were the case then juking would be hella easy. "Macros" have to be pressed by the player,thus adding the human reaction time to the equation. Maybe you're trying to say that they have some sort of macro that builds a kick into a normal offensive ability? Even this would be easy to avoid because that would just leave the ability on CD...Again this just comes down to another skill issue.

***LMAO NOOB WHY DONT YOU JUST CHECK HOW MUCH TIME I HAVE ON THIS ONE TOON ALMOST 200 DAYS OF PLAY TIME GET YOUR FACTS STRIGHT BEFOR YOU TELL ME I DONT HAVE A CLUE HOW TO PLAY THE CLASS. AS A MATTER OF FACT YOU PUT AS MUCH TIME INTO ONE CLASS AS I HAVE BEFORE YOU EVEN TRY TO TROLL ME AGAIN.***

Last I checked, time played on a character doesn't mean you have an understanding of the class? If you really do have almost 200 days of play time on your paladin then I'm deeply sorry. You've played more then a half of a year of in-game time and still can't get more then 1750 achieves? Thank you for proving my point though.

My post wasn't meant to troll,or even insult you. I was just pointing out the fact that you are over-exaggerating the current state of the holy paladin class by miles. Players like you are why blizzard won't listen to even our legitimate concerns. I can see you're pretty angry because your last paragraph was in all caps and you have the grammar of a 5th grader so I'll just stop here...

Please, on your next post put some more thought into your statements or don't even bother replying...
Last I checked, time played on a character doesn't mean you have an understanding of the class? If you really do have almost 200 days of play time on your paladin then I'm deeply sorry. You've played more then a half of a year of in-game time and still can't get more then 1750 achieves? Thank you for proving my point though.

My post wasn't meant to troll,or even insult you. I was just pointing out the fact that you are over-exaggerating the current state of the holy paladin class by miles. Players like you are why blizzard won't listen to even our legitimate concerns. I can see you're pretty angry because your last paragraph was in all caps and you have the grammar of a 5th grader so I'll just stop here...

Lmao noob I sould run circles arund your trolling !@#. You fast level to 90 and think you have some fking clue what your talking about GAL noob.

As stated if you read what i had posted you would see I said that they have infact suffer sightly this LAST patch but for the most part have been on top of the stats for years.

Totaly false^^^^^^

Three min cd and its only for like 6 sec...........

We have two instance casts thats it. You try faking macros that auto kick.

LMAO NOOB WHY DONT YOU JUST CHECK HOW MUCH TIME I HAVE ON THIS ONE TOON ALMOST 200 DAYS OF PLAY TIME GET YOUR FACTS STRIGHT BEFOR YOU TELL ME I DONT HAVE A CLUE HOW TO PLAY THE CLASS

********PLEASE TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE***********

[quote="81773719876"]Please, on your next post put some more thought into your statements or don't even bother replying...

YOUR COMMENTS WHERE PROVEN WRONG AND YOU MAKE SOME BS TRY AT TROLLING ME LMAO GO EAT SOME MORE bananas YOU %%%%%%

p.s: Don't post comments if you don't have any VALID information to back them up
Dentwan is pretty spot on.

Pallies were the best heals and most represented in high end pvp rewards.

Therefore we get the nerf bat.

The unfortunate truth of being at the top of the totem pole. You have nowhere to go but down.
Internet yelling on forums make you cool, level 70 complaining about something. not so much

Pallies were the best heals and most represented in high end pvp rewards.

Therefore we get the nerf bat.

The unfortunate truth of being at the top of the totem pole. You have nowhere to go but down.

I am so jealous of your transmog.
[quote]

LMAO NOOB WHY DONT YOU JUST CHECK HOW MUCH TIME I HAVE ON THIS ONE TOON ALMOST 200 DAYS OF PLAY TIME GET YOUR FACTS STRIGHT BEFOR YOU TELL ME I DONT HAVE A CLUE HOW TO PLAY THE CLASS

********PLEASE TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE***********

YOUR COMMENTS WHERE PROVEN WRONG AND YOU MAKE SOME BS TRY AT TROLLING ME LMAO GO EAT SOME MORE bananas YOU %%%%%%

p.s: Don't post comments if you don't have any VALID information to back them up

If you don't like reading then please don't post on the forum. I gave you logical explanations for everything that I said and even your' silly rebuttals.

As for being wrong...

Bad kids will be bad I guess. Hard life being level 70 huh ?
two strong instant heals not enough?

Disc priests have 3 weak "instants": Power Word: dispellable shield, POM, and Penance (one of the best spells to get you a lockout in arena), and all are on a longer cooldown than holy shock.

There is a reason you rarely hear paladins complain about their instant casts.

OP, if you are still reading this thread, go play disc priest and tell me paladins need buffed.