Just facts on multiboxing movement keys.

General Discussion
(This is not a debate or defense thread, solely a "just the facts" thread)

Many people have asked, regarding the disallowing of using /follow in bg's, why multiboxers can't just use normal movement keys instead.

The difficulty is one of direction and time.

Direction: When moving forward, if all the toons are not precisely and exactly angled the same way - they will diverge over time as they move forward until they are out of range of each other.

Time: WoW clients do not all process key events exactly the same. Even a minor variation where one is 0.001 seconds longer can result in toons ending up in different locations, after enough cycles.

I do not intend this as any kind of debate or defense thread - solely an explanation to people who were curious about why /follow was used instead and why simply sharing movement keys wasn't.
To be honest while I am fine that people should be able to spend their money any way they want I must say I am happy to see botting impacted and do not really care at all that it also hurts those who multibox.
Add up enough of the .001 second differentials and you would be in a world of millimeters difference in just 2 or 3 minutes.
Add up enough of the .001 second differentials and you would be in a world of millimeters difference in just 2 or 3 minutes.

Uh no. That's not a correct interpretation of what happens.

What you have are compounding problems that multiply.

Even 3 seconds is more than enough for 5 toons who can't use /follow to wildly diverge.
I am just glad i didn't open my other 3 accounts up. I was going to and thought i'll wait till after the expansion. Now i am just going to keep this main account and have just closed my other 2 now. May later on open them up for some pve when i get bored later on near the end of this expansion.
I am just glad i didn't open my other 3 accounts up. I was going to and thought i'll wait till after the expansion. Now i am just going to keep this main account and have just closed my other 2 now. May later on open them up for some pve when i get bored later on near the end of this expansion.

It's only turned off for Random BG's and Arena's (although they've mentioned re-enabling for Arena's), as the main point was to curb botting.

so you can still multibox for everything else in the game.
And ten's of thousands (probably more) pvp'ers rejoice that this asinine form of play is no longer possible. Hopefully it stays dead and buried like it oh so deserved to be years ago
Thank you for the explanation SnowFox. I was genuinly curious about why /follow was preferable.
Thank you for the explanation SnowFox. I was genuinly curious about why /follow was preferable.
Good luck Snow. I see this ending badly because some people won't actually read all of what you're posting.

/salute
And ten's of thousands (probably more) pvp'ers rejoice that this asinine form of play is no longer possible. Hopefully it stays dead and buried like it oh so deserved to be years ago

Pull more numbers out of thin air. This wasn't even meant to be a debate thread and you're doing it wrong.
there are enough threads about this topic already... we really don't need another one

just sayin
there are enough threads about this topic already... we really don't need another one

just sayin

I haven't seen a single one that explained why the /follow command was so important to multiboxing. Just a bunch of debate threads on the matter.
i dont multibox or support it at all HOWEVER one would have to be a bit hard headed to not understand why /follow would be preferred to normal keyboard movements
*sigh* People multiboxing isnt dead either. Just the less than enthusiastic are gone and saying it's dead.

There are other ways~ always~

just sayin

I haven't seen a single one that explained why the /follow command was so important to multiboxing. Just a bunch of debate threads on the matter.

Actually I think Snow explained in multiple threads reasons why, just they got lost under LOLBOXER TEARS and IM UNSUB BLIZZ THIS BROKE GAME and LOLSTUPID NONBOXER IDIOTS Y U NO SEE GLORY
To be honest while I am fine that people should be able to spend their money any way they want I must say I am happy to see botting impacted and do not really care at all that it also hurts those who multibox.

Agreed.