Shado-Pan Assault rep question

New Player Help and Guides
I'm not new, but I'm not sure where else to post this. How do I choose Shado-Pan Assault as my bonus rep faction? I don't see it on my rep page, but I have interacted with the quartermaster so I should have a neutral section somewhere. It just says "Shado-Pan", in both the rep frame and the LFD frame. When I track my progress on my bars, it just shows me my Offensive rep.

There's a little blip as well, and when mousing over it says "Your account has unlocked bonus reputation with this faction." Is this a combined rep thing? I'd like to be able to track only my Assault rep, but when putting the rep on my bars it shows my Offensive rep.
It's a raid only rep. You can't get rep for it outside the raid.
Thanks, but that doesn't answer my question. I already knew that. My question was how I can view and track my Assault progress. I know I'm neutral because I went to the quartermaster and was able to buy the neck. Unless you're saying that the rep won't show up on my bars until I get rep from the raid.
03/06/2013 07:18 AMPosted by Syllenn
Thanks, but that doesn't answer my question. I already knew that. My question was how I can view and track my Assault progress. I know I'm neutral because I went to the quartermaster and was able to buy the neck. Unless you're saying that the rep won't show up on my bars until I get rep from the raid.
Shows up in armory under MoP Reputations.

Try /reload or could be an old addon/UI issue

There's a little blip as well, and when mousing over it says "Your account has unlocked bonus reputation with this faction." Is this a combined rep thing? I'd like to be able to track only my Assault rep, but when putting the rep on my bars it shows my Offensive rep.

This is probably referring to the Grand Commendations you can purchase at Revered, which then increases the rep you gain for that faction on all characters. I know that one of the changes introduced in 5.2 was to provide a way for people to track which factions had that bonus and which ones did not.
I'm having a similar issue. Shado Pan Assault does not even show up on my reputation bar. Only Sunreaver Onslaught.

I thought at first it's because my reputation with Golden Lotus and Shado Pan were low as I'm not revered with Golden Lotus or even honored yet with the Shado Pan. But now I'm not really sure.

My guildmates all have Shado Pan assault on their rep menu.

And yes, im a noob. I've only been playing this game a few months.
While it is a raid only rep, you can earn a little, I believe, from doing the couple quests they give. If you haven't done any quests for them, then you haven't 'activated' the rep yet.

If that isn't the case, then try disabling addons and/or reloading.
I'm having a similar issue. Shado Pan Assault does not even show up on my reputation bar. Only Sunreaver Onslaught.

I thought at first it's because my reputation with Golden Lotus and Shado Pan were low as I'm not revered with Golden Lotus or even honored yet with the Shado Pan. But now I'm not really sure.

Shado-Pan Assault is a separate faction, and your reputation with the 'normal' Shado-Pan and Golden Lotus should not matter.

Have you interacted with any of the NPCs for the Shado-Pan Assault. Often you have to interact with a faction in some way before it shows up. Try talking to the NPCs on the Isle of Thunder.

While it is a raid only rep, you can earn a little, I believe, from doing the couple quests they give. If you haven't done any quests for them, then you haven't 'activated' the rep yet.

Yeah, I got a a bit of rep for them doing dailies and the Treasure Trove Scenario, which was a bit of a surprise. You can only do that scenario once per week, so it's not really a great way to get rep with them. I imagine it only will work up to Friendly anyway (same as earning rep from Raid Trash).
Despite having interacted with the quartermaster NPC, the rep bar didn't show up until I did the solo scenario. *shrug* All fixed now, thanks for the help.
Shado-Pan Assault is a separate faction, and your reputation with the 'normal' Shado-Pan and Golden Lotus should not matter.

Have you interacted with any of the NPCs for the Shado-Pan Assault. Often you have to interact with a faction in some way before it shows up. Try talking to the NPCs on the Isle of Thunder.

Thanks for your answer. I appreciate it.
Despite having interacted with the quartermaster NPC, the rep bar didn't show up until I did the solo scenario. *shrug* All fixed now, thanks for the help.

I was just on the WoW Insider website, and it seems like that is a common problem. Even when people buy the necklace from the quartermaster, nothing shows up in the panel until you do something to earn rep. Looks like a bug.
It didn't show up for me until I went into the Throne of Thunder raid and killed my first trash mob. After that it showed up like normal.
81545820758:

Thank you! I've got the same issue. Now I just have to work out what scenario I need to complete.
Should be "Troves of the Thunder King" (wowhead.com/zone=6716), which starts from Key to the Palace of Lei Shen, which seems to drop most often from the rare elites on Isle of Thunder.

As I understand it, the other three SPA quests are:

- "Secrets in the Isle of Thunder" (wowhead.com/quest=32707), then "Setting the Trap" (wowhead.com/quest=32708), both to use three Shan'ze Ritual Stone (which can be found without the quest being active); and

- "Champions of the Thunder King" weekly (wowhead.com/quest=32641)

I've only been out there with one toon so far, and I think the rep probably appeared after I ran around getting those Chamberlain parts and received a summoning stone as a reward, then spoke with the SPA to find out what to do with it. I do remember doing that before the treasure run scenario, so either of those routes should make the rep finally appear.
I also have had the same issue. I opened a ticket, and a GM told me that once you talk to an NPC of that faction (Shado-Pan Assault), it will unlock it and post it under your reps in your character screen. I am trying to find such NPC...
On the Isle of Thunder the ShadoPan Assault QM is in a cave by the gate to the Throne of Thunder. I think the QM qualifies for one of those special icons on the map, so it may be easier to find that way.
I experienced the same issue multiple times on several toons. Talked to quartermaster and the NPC that sells the gear for shado pan assault. Nothing seemed to work. I'd already conducted all the solo scenarios still no joy. I'm heading back onto the isle to try and complete one quest and see what that does.