Are Prot Pallies good in PvP?

Paladin
I wanna know are they good at actually being able to kill other players? Right now when i PvP i be like biddi bobbi doo on them and they be passin away. Is it gonna be like that at 90 or do you have to be Ret to do enough dmg?
in a word... No.

You need to go ret to kill stuff.
In a word.. No.

In otherwords....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Before 5.0 I ran Prot in BG's and Arenas...tons of fun.

Since5.0?...no fun...VERY survivable but completly unable to kill.
They are the worst FC's in the game just chain silence them they lose.
No.

I play prot, I get assaulted, ganked, beat up, and marginalized all the time. But I've learned, there is a Glyph of Righteous Retreat. If you are overwhelmed by an attack (of just about anything), you simply shield and hearth to avoid the pain.

Honestly I don't think prot can pvp vs anything, it's horrible in pvp. But I'm really good at tanking in the dungeons. :)
I beg to differ actually. Dazing shield, focused shield, pvp power build, and the right talents (holy prism) make a pretty nasty fighter. It's not RBG quality, but you can make it work. Really eff up a caster's day with all dem interrupts!!
^All you can do. Honestly, you can play prot all you want <80, because it's overpowered and skill-less as the abilities for tanks just do not scale right but you still get all the mitigation of a tank.

But you won't have my respect.
OMG PROTS SO AMAZING

lolno
Hmm. Why wouldn't Prot work in Rated Battlegrounds?

Everyone suffers from 30% reduced healing, but the paladin specializes in mitigation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the prot paladin has equal damage reduction (cooldowns), when compared to other flag carrier classes, and has the best support (Hand + Clemency).

Nevermind damage output.

Edit: I'm actually curious why Prot doesn't work well for PvP "tanking". So far, I've read that Protection "sucks at damage" and "can't tank because of a healing debuff" (paraphrased). In a "know your role" kind of sense, I haven't actually seen any good points on the tanking aspect.
Hmm. Why wouldn't Prot work in Rated Battlegrounds?

Everyone suffers from 30% reduced healing, but the paladin specializes in mitigation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the prot paladin has equal damage reduction (cooldowns), when compared to other flag carrier classes, and has the best support (Hand + Clemency).

Nevermind damage output.

Because your mitigation relies on being able to use spells. While you may not get interrupted much, a blanket silence will see your death. A Prot warrior doesn't have this issue, and druids to an extent. Monks, Paladins, and Deathknights will die very fast in stuns and silences because of their lack of passive mitigation.
I still can't imagine how, with proper gear and at least one healer, a prot paladin would have all these problems just because of blanket silence.

Does shield of righteousness not go through a silence? Literal question, as I'm not really sure.
My prot works perfectly fine. I never die and a silence doesn't affect me at all with my survivability and running the flag..
Dude i cant kill shiv in pvp
Blizz has been outright killing prot pvp every patch the upcoming one is no different read patch notes . It's freaking b.s . Prot warrior getting damage and def buff Blood Dk staying leet and getting buff by taking resource needs off a couple abilities giving them more resources to do more damage abilities. Makes me want to spit!
Squeaky wheel gets the oil. Prot pallies need to speak up !
You can kill (slowly) and you can survive really well, but reconize your real role will be support. Don't bother running the flag, leave that to more mobile classes, but you can be a casters worst nightmare.