Plowing Change

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
03/07/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Rygarius
Considering that the plow went over an entire Virmen, uprooting them and all that, a single additional click on the recently disturbed plot of dirt after the commotion is not unexpected.

Considering this is a QOL change, imposing another restriction is counter-productive. Please fix it so it makes sense.
There was a hotfix last night that fixed an issue where Occupied Soil would sometimes not update correctly after clearing the associated Squatting Virmen.

FYI: It happened to me this morning, post hotfix. I plowed occupied soil, killed vermin, and it still says occupied. I cannot do anything with that spot now until the status somehow changes.
Considering that the plow went over an entire Virmen, uprooting them and all that, a single additional click on the recently disturbed plot of dirt after the commotion is not unexpected.

Considering I just smashed a very tiny creature with a giant metal plow, why is it not crushed into a pulp and turned into a bloody fertilizer to increase the nutrients in the soil?
I think it would be cool if you could hire someone to deal with the weeds for you. I hate doing the thing with the weeds. YES I KNOW it only takes a few minutes, but it's just annoying busy work, and it isn't fun. Just make it like the watering system and pest repellants, you have to build up to it.
03/08/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Davenrothz
There was a hotfix last night that fixed an issue where Occupied Soil would sometimes not update correctly after clearing the associated Squatting Virmen.

FYI: It happened to me this morning, post hotfix. I plowed occupied soil, killed vermin, and it still says occupied. I cannot do anything with that spot now until the status somehow changes.

had this happen to me this AM
It's not? Oh, thank you for clarifying. I wasn't sure what my expectations were.
This also happened to me this morning. I went back 20 mins later and no change. I have 15/16 planted right now if any GM wants to confirm on Gnomeregan-US.
This also happened to me this morning. I went back 20 mins later and no change. I have 15/16 planted right now if any GM wants to confirm on Gnomeregan-US.

It fixed for me when I logged out and came back. I had to plop the little rat out again, but it went back to normal at least.
While that might be realistic, I find that it negates much of the value of this "improvement" to the ranch

Have to agree, IMO it's easier to gather them up, kill them, then run the plow through. Only time I'd do the plow first is when I'm in healing spec on druid, then they die faster.
03/08/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Davenrothz

There was another hotfix to address the issue with Occupied Soil a bit over half an hour ago. If the issue persists, let us know on the Bug Report forum.

Considering I just smashed a very tiny creature with a giant metal plow, why is it not crushed into a pulp and turned into a bloody fertilizer to increase the nutrients in the soil?

That's a good one. I'll keep that counter in mind for next week's meeting. :D

Still happened to me this afternoon. I assumed it was because I tried running over them in different rows. The first row cleared fine, the second was a dead occupied.
Oh jeez did I hurt someone's feelings?

I guess I should amend my sentiment to feel lucky to play the game at all AND lucky to post on the forums at all. Mea culpa, mea culpa.

Leaving aside the issue of believably in regards to braining sapient fantasy-rabbits in the head with a push plow: Is it necessary? I mean, is there some compelling gameplay in having to go back and manually till those spots that I'm failing to grasp? Is the farming experience supposed to be a richer and fuller one for my having to do that? I understand that convenient gameplay does not by default equate to good gameplay, but in this case it honestly seems to me like this particular situation is a silly and unnecessary annoyance.
There was a hotfix last night that fixed an issue where Occupied Soil would sometimes not update correctly after clearing the associated Squatting Virmen.Edit: There was another hotfix to address the issue with Occupied Soil a bit over half an hour ago at the time of this edit. If the issue persists, let us know on the Bug Report forum.

So ... the original hotfix was actually a hotfail. Is there a procedure that allows for blizzard employees to install untested hotfixes? ...... I can see it now, Headlines: Blizz Tech earns title: Worldbreaker with a hotfix that would make Deathwing proud.
A hint for use of the new 5.2 feature.

Your master plogh doesn't only work along one direction of plots.

If you see 3 vermin in a row along a diagonal, or at right angles to the normal approach - the plough will knock all the vermin out stunned and damaged. Take em all down - THEN do your normal row by row plough.
Excuse me - but where did my post ^^ go, and why is there a three year old post in its place ?

Coralin
85 Human Priest
Out of the Ashes
However, Cold Weather Flying is now half the price, around 500g and is trainable at 68.
12/7/2010

Ok - was a temporary issue, my post is back.
It leaves the spot with the vermin in it unplowed, so you have to either plow the whole line again or manually plow that spot. It would be nice if it converted it to plowed after you killed the vermin so it would be consistent with the rest of the plowed row.

actually if you are talking about just efficiency id rather kill the vermin upfront then waste time killing each one after each plow and then single plowing that spot. its an inefficient design that does not change the best way to tend your field. Which in essence is just a waste of your companies money.

Anyone with any gear will more efficiently kill all the vermin by clicking and then plowing then row by row. so in essence this only benefits people that are below the average player base.
So, I listened to Ghostcrawler's recent interview and he said that pretty much everything they decide to sit down and implement should have a "fun first" feel to it.

Now, bugs are bugs and they will get that taken care of, but it just isn't fun to have a master plow and have to run over plots more than once. It isn't an easier function to use. Its easier to now just go over and click-kill the vermin before running the master plow because it takes a few seconds to manually till.

IMO, if you want it to be fun, just make it till the soil as it goes over the vermin. This is more of an issue for my healing priest, or resto druid than say, my lock.